Digital TV News: Universal Electronics
UEI providing Android TV remotes to Claro Colombia
Jun 22, 2021 – Universal Electronics Inc. (UEI) (NASDAQ: UEIC) has started shipping voice-enabled remote controls to Claro Colombia. The Android TV remote is powered by UEI's chip technology with Bluetooth Low Energy and Infrared control capabilities.
News categories: Universal Electronics, Claro, Steve Gutman, Rodrigo de Gusmao, Android TV, Colombia, Digital TV, Set Top Box
UEI and Instreamatic collaborate on voice-interactive TV advertising
Mar 25, 2021 – Universal Electronics Inc. (UEI) (NASDAQ: UEIC) is working with Instreamatic to bring Instreamatic’s interactive voice-enabled advertising to home entertainment devices such as STBs and smart TVs.
News categories: UEI, Instreamatic, Arsham Hatambeiki, Stas Tushinskiy, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
LG webOS TV platform includes QuickSet from UEI
Mar 1, 2021 – QuickSet, a technology offered by Universal Electronics Inc. (UEI) (NASDAQ: UEIC) will be available for TV brands adopting LG's webOS TV platform. LG is including UEI’s QuickSet as the standard for device discovery and control.
News categories: Universal Electronics, LG Electronics, Paul Arling, Lee Sang-woo, Digital TV, Smart Home, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
LG opens webOS Smart TV platform to other TV brands
Feb 23, 2021 – LG is making its webOS TV platform available to other TV brand partners. Over twenty TV manufacturers have already joined the webOS partnership, including brands such as RCA, Ayonz and Konka, with more expected to follow.
News categories: LG Electronics, Park Hyoung-sei, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
UEI to provide voice-enabled remotes for Virgin TV 360 box
Dec 8, 2020 – Universal Electronics Inc. (UEI) (NASDAQ: UEIC) has been selected to provide voice-enabled remote controls to Virgin Media for its new Virgin TV 360 platform. The RF4CE voice-enabled remote is powered by UEI chip technology.
News categories: Universal Electronics, Virgin Media, Menno Koopmans, Annie Brooks, Digital TV, Ireland, Set Top Box, UK, UX
Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
Nov 20, 2020 – Universal Electronics Inc. (UEI) has introduced a remote control for Apple TV developed and designed to meet the needs of cable, satellite, IPTV and other Multichannel Video Program Distributors (MVPDs).
News categories: Universal Electronics, Paul Arling, Digital TV, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
Universal Electronics voice-enabled remotes for Liberty Global
Oct 7, 2020 – Universal Electronics (UEI) is to provide voice-enabled remote controls to Liberty Global for its RDK-based Horizon 4 set-top boxes. Voice recognition technology is used to search for content on the platform.
News categories: Universal Electronics, Liberty Global, Menno Koopmans, Pieter Vervoort, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, Set Top Box, Smart Home
More than 50% of U.S. broadband households own a smart TV
May 21, 2018 – Parks Associates’ new report 'Smart TVs vs. Streaming Media Players: Winning Over Consumers' reports that more than 50% of U.S. broadband households own a smart TV and more than 40% own a streaming media player.
News categories: Parks Associates, Jennifer Kent, Blu-ray, Gaming, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA
Nuance and UEI bring conversational interface to yes DBS in Israel
Sep 19, 2017 – Nuance Communications (NASDAQ:NUAN) and Universal Electronics (UEI) (NASDAQ:UEIC) have announced that they power the first conversational interface for Pay TV in Israel for yes. yes will launch their first voice-powered remote control in September 2017.
News categories: Nuance Communications, Universal Electronics, 'yes', Dan Faulkner, Menno Koopmans, Itzhak Elyakim, Digital TV, Israel, Satellite, UX
- Magnite to manage ad placement for Brazil's NetMovies
- Acxiom and Totalplay to provide addressable audiences in Mexico
- Undertone launches CTV ad solution for improved consumer engagement
- More than seventy 8K TVs now certified by the 8K Association
- Ocean Blue Software acquires Advanced Media Group from EKT
- DVB approves commercial requirements for DVB-I over 5G
- V-Nova raises €33 million in series C round
- AT&T premium TV down 473k; Vrio down 239k; HBO up 3.6M video subs in 2Q 2021
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 62,000 in 2Q 2021
- Astro launches STB for TV without a satellite dish
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV solutions
- Freesat 4K STB receives EICS certification with DTG Testing
- Cox Media Group Local Solutions partners with Amazon Advertising
- Samba TV announces global TV viewership dashboard
- Sky Brasil's SKY Connect 4K Android TV DVR powered by Wyplay
- NBCUniversal adopts Ad-ID for its One Platform
- Redbox to expand free live TV content with Wurl
- ThinkAnalytics rebrands its suite as 'Think360'
- Grupo Werthein to buy AT&T's Vrio operations
- ITV and Sky upgrade their commercial partnership