Digital TV News: VAB
Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
Sep 26, 2023 – Cignal TV has expanded its use of Quickplay's cloud-native OTT platform with the launch of Pilipinas Live, the first and only international OTT app dedicated to Pinoy sports.
News categories: Quickplay, Cignal TV, Goutham Vinjamuri, Jane Basas, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Philippines, Streaming, Worldwide
Quickplay teams with Google Cloud on generative AI
Sep 13, 2023 – Quickplay is partnering with Google Cloud to use generative AI to create opportunities for consumer engagement, satisfaction and monetization for the media and entertainment industry.
News categories: Quickplay, Google Cloud, Paul Pastor, Juan Martin, Kip Schauer, Big Data, Digital TV, IBC2023, Streaming, UX, Worldwide
Agama and Broadpeak implement multicast ABR monitoring at DELTA
Sep 12, 2023 – Agama has integrated multicast ABR stream monitoring into its Analyzer probe offer. The development is a result of a collaboration between Agama and Broadpeak, deployed by DELTA.
News categories: Agama, Broadpeak, DELTA, Johan Görsjö, Damien Sterkers, Bart Smeels, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Netherlands, QoE, Streaming
Agama and Verimatrix to highlight extended partnership at IBC
Sep 7, 2023 – Verimatrix (Euronext Paris: VMX) has announced that Agama now offers its video operations support solutions integrated with Verimatrix Streamkeeper Multi-DRM.
News categories: Verimatrix, Agama, Sofia Regojo, Johan Görsjö, Digital TV, DRM, IBC2023, QoE, Streaming, Worldwide
NAGRA and Eluvio partner on video distribution with forensic watermarking
Sep 6, 2023 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) and Eluvio have announced the integration of NAGRA NexGuard forensic watermarking to secure playback of video via the Eluvio Content Fabric and Eluvio Media Wallet.
News categories: NAGRA, Eluvio, Ken Gerstein, Michelle Munson, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2023, Streaming, Watermarking, Worldwide
Leading industry players join IAB Tech Lab advertising standards group
Jun 6, 2023 – IAB Tech Lab has announced the creation of its Advanced TV Commit Group to lead the development of technology frameworks, technical standards and market strategy, to make every TV environment addressable.
News categories: IAB Tech Lab, Anthony Katsur, Ben Vandegrift, Jim Keller, Karen Chan, Ryan McConville, Scott L Brown, Advertising, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
VAB releases 'The Truth About CTV Ad Fraud' report
Apr 24, 2023 – The VAB's new report The Truth About CTV Ad Fraud' sheds light on what constitutes real fraud, how the viewing environment impacts trust, and how marketers can minimize exposure to fraudulent practices.
News categories: VAB, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Telstra, Dalet and Eluvio unveil end-to-end media supply chain network and managed service
Apr 13, 2023 – Telstra Broadcast Services, Dalet and Eluvio have unveiled a Web3 CDN-based end-to-end media supply chain network and managed service, delivering video from the camera lens to the consumer.
News categories: Eluvio, Dalet, Telstra, Michelle Munson, Ewan Johnston, Andreas Eriksson, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Streaming, Worldwide
Cignal TV to extend Cignal Play and launch sports app with Quickplay
Apr 12, 2023 – Cignal TV is using Quickplay's cloud-native OTT platform to extend the capabilities of its Cignal Play video streaming service and to launch a sports app for Filipino fans worldwide.
News categories: Quickplay, Cignal TV, Goutham Vinjamuri, Jane Basas, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Philippines, Streaming, Worldwide
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
- LG announces organizational restructuring
- HbbTV updates Operator Application specification
- Bouygues Telecom streams video in Multicast ABR with Broadpeak
- iWedia releases test solution for HbbTV device compliance
- Utomik to bring cloud gaming to VIDAA Smart TVs
- Avid provides Iceland's RÚV with ingest and playout solution
- Global pay TV penetration to fall for the first time in 2024