Digital TV News: VIZIO
Vevo using TripleLift for dynamic overlay ads
Sep 14, 2022 – Vevo has partnered with TripleLift to launch dynamic overlay ads, specifically for Vevo’s linear-programmed TV channels. Vevo’s overlay ads are delivered within contextually relevant content.
News categories: TripleLift, Vevo, Michael Shields, Natalie Gabathuler-Scully, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Norigin Media selected to validate Vevo's OTT apps
Sep 6, 2022 – Vevo has partnered with Norigin Media to validate a range of Connected TV apps across Android TV, Roku, Vizio, Fire TV, and Apple TV. Norigin Media's OTT Testing as-a-Service helps quality-assure streaming TV Apps.
News categories: Norigin Media, Vevo, Ajey Anand, Scott Anderson, Apps, Digital TV, IBC2022, QoE, Streaming, Worldwide
VIZIO Account simplifies subscriptions for its Smart TV customers
Aug 9, 2022 – VIZIO (NYSE: VZIO) has announced a payment and subscription management solution, VIZIO Account, which provides a seamless way for VIZIO Smart TV users to subscribe to streaming services all in one place.
News categories: VIZIO, Mike O’Donnell, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
OAN expands CTV reach with NetRange
Jul 29, 2022 – One America News Network (OAN) has announced that it is now available in the U.S. through a partnership with NetRange. A phased rollout will further expand its reach to more than 50 million NetRange equipped devices globally by year end.
News categories: One America News, NetRange, Alex Kopacz, Apps, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
DISH TV and SLING TV bring Spanish-language streaming service ViX+ to customers
Jul 21, 2022 – DISH Network (NASDAQ: DISH) has announced the U.S. launch of Spanish-Language streaming service ViX+ on DISH TV and SLING TV, enabling customers to subscribe to ViX+ directly through its platforms.
News categories: DISH Network, Vix+, Alfredo Rodríguez, Apps, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
Crackle Plus extends measurement relationship with iSpot.tv
Jul 6, 2022 – Crackle Plus (Nasdaq: CSSE) has renewed its relationship with iSpot.tv. iSpot.tv will continue to provide its Unified Measurement to the brands working with Crackle Plus to quantify the incremental reach delivered over linear.
News categories: Crackle, iSpot.tv, Darren Olive, Stu Schwartzapfel, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
TikTok now available on VIZIO Smart TVs
Jun 23, 2022 – VIZIO (NYSE: VZIO) has announced that TikTok TV is now available on VIZIO Smart TVs. The integration allows VIZIO users to discover videos from their favorite TikTok creators and topics directly from the VIZIO home screen.
News categories: VIZIO, TikTok, Apps, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Americans adopting ad-supported streaming at faster rate than subscription-based services
Jun 14, 2022 – Comscore (Nasdaq: SCOR) has announced that AVOD services are seeing adoption at a faster rate than SVOD services, with a 29% increase in U.S. households streaming AVODs in 2022 compared to 2020 vs a 21% increase during the same period for SVODs.
News categories: Comscore, James Muldrow, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
8-10% of streaming ad impressions play when the TV is shut off
Jun 13, 2022 – GroupM has partnered with media companies in the advertising industry to create new standards in streaming viewability and CTV measurement. The initiative follows a study with iSpot that quantifies inflated CTV ad delivery counts and reveals that, on average, 8-10% of streaming impressions play when the TV is shut off.
News categories: GroupM, iSpot.tv, Kirk McDonald, Sean Muller, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
- MultiChoice launches DStv Streama STB in South Africa
- Skytel expands video services in Mongolia with Mirada
- Report from the CTA explores gaming's post-pandemic popularity
- Spectrum TV app available on XClass TVs
- Global pay TV subscribers to remain at around one billion
- Realtek and Irdeto develop RDK and Android TV hybrid STB
- Streaming dominates UK television landscape
- Sky NZ reveals IP-only solution for VodafoneTV customers
- IAB Tech Lab releases updates to SIMID 1.2 and VAST 4.3 for comment
- Semiconductor market slowdown picks up speed
- MultiChoice to be second syndication partner for Sky Glass
- Canadian program drives energy efficiency of new set-top boxes
- Tring selects multiscreen solution from SmartLabs
- TP Vision to be launch partner for DTG DVB-I Test Suite
- beIN sports, iQIYI and TVBAnywhere+ apps now on Astro Ultra Box
- Air Broadband adds Netgem TV to its offer in the UK
- SeaChange to power FIFA World Cup streaming for Grupo TVCable
- Share of large panel TVs triples in India to over 40%
- Turk Telekom rolls out IPTV/OTT platform with ZTE
- OKAST powers Endemol France channels on Samsung TV Plus