Digital TV News: VIZIO
Fuse Media expands FAST distribution with Amagi
Dec 14, 2022 – Amagi has announced that Fuse Media has expanded its partnership with Amagi to launch another channel as they continue to grow their presence in the CTV-led Free Ad-supported Streaming TV (FAST) market.
News categories: Amagi, Fuse Media, Srinivasan KA, Cesar Chavez, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Streaming, USA
VIZIO remote controls to get dedicated Redbox and Crackle buttons
Nov 14, 2022 – Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment (Nasdaq: CSSE) has announced a deal with VIZIO that brings the Redbox and Crackle free streaming apps to VIZIO remote controls in the second half of 2023.
News categories: Chicken Soup for the Soul, VIZIO, Adam Mosam, Seta Goldstein, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA, UX
IAB Tech Lab initiative aims to bring addressability to all TV environments
Nov 10, 2022 – IAB Tech Lab has launched an initiative to set technical standards to bring universal addressability to all TV environments. To achieve many of the goals Video Watermark Technology will be instrumental.
News categories: IAB Tech Lab, Anthony Katsur, Shailley Singh, Stephane Krzywoglowy, Ken Norcross, Advertising, Content Identification, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
VIZIO reports Q3 2022 results
Nov 9, 2022 – VIZIO Holding (NYSE: VZIO) has announced results for the three months ended September 30, 2022. The company reported that there are now 16.6 million SmartCast Active Accounts, up 15% year-on-year.
News categories: VIZIO, William Wang, Advertising, Digital TV, Results, Smart TV, Streaming, Subscribers, USA
VIZIO rolls out My Watchlist and enhanced recommendations
Oct 25, 2022 – VIZIO (NYSE: VZIO) has introduced My Watchlist, a feature that allows viewers to add their favorite TV shows and movies from different streaming services into one central location on VIZIO SmartCast TVs.
News categories: VIZIO, Steve Yum, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA, UX
VIZIO using SpringServe Tiles on Smartcast home screens
Oct 20, 2022 – SpringServe has announced that VIZIO will be using SpringServe Tiles to enhance the content discovery experience on VIZIO SmartCast. Tiles allow publishers to show custom creative within the streaming interface.
News categories: SpringServe, VIZIO, Joe Hirsch, Travis Hockersmith, Advertising, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA, UX
VIDAA OS remote controls to get Crackle button in the U.S.
Oct 13, 2022 – Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment (Nasdaq: CSSE), along with VIDAA USA, has announced an agreement to add Crackle streaming services and a Crackle-branded remote control button to devices powered by VIDAA OS.
News categories: Chicken Soup for the Soul, VIDAA, Adam Mosam, Nick Ruczaj, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA, UX
Vevo using TripleLift for dynamic overlay ads
Sep 14, 2022 – Vevo has partnered with TripleLift to launch dynamic overlay ads, specifically for Vevo’s linear-programmed TV channels. Vevo’s overlay ads are delivered within contextually relevant content.
News categories: TripleLift, Vevo, Michael Shields, Natalie Gabathuler-Scully, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Norigin Media selected to validate Vevo's OTT apps
Sep 6, 2022 – Vevo has partnered with Norigin Media to validate a range of Connected TV apps across Android TV, Roku, Vizio, Fire TV, and Apple TV. Norigin Media's OTT Testing as-a-Service helps quality-assure streaming TV Apps.
News categories: Norigin Media, Vevo, Ajey Anand, Scott Anderson, Apps, Digital TV, IBC2022, QoE, Streaming, Worldwide
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution