Digital TV News: VIZIO
Telly launches free dual screen Smart TV in the U.S.
May 15, 2023 – Telly has developed a TV combining a 55" 4K HDR display with a separate built-in Smart Screen. Telly has opened ordering for 500,000 free units that will begin shipping to U.S. consumers this summer.
News categories: Telly, Ilya Pozin, Advertising, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
VIZIO reports Q1 2023 financial results
May 9, 2023 – VIZIO Holding (NYSE: VZIO) has announced results for the three months ended March 31, 2023. The company reported that there are now 17.5 million SmartCast Active Accounts. SmartCast ARPU was $29.20, up 23% YoY.
News categories: VIZIO, William Wang, Advertising, Digital TV, Results, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
MarketCast partners with VIZIO to measure ad performance
Mar 23, 2023 – MarketCast has partnered with Inscape to determine whether ads are recalled accurately, are connected with the right brand, and influence the purchase of the advertiser's products and services.
News categories: MarketCast, VIZIO, John Batter, Ken Norcross, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
Mar 21, 2023 – VIZIO (NYSE: VZIO) has selected Whip Media to help manage ad revenue reporting for WatchFree+, its FAST service. VIZIO will use Whip Media's platform to calculate ad revenue royalties for its content partners.
News categories: Whip Media, VIZIO, Vince Muscarella, Adam Townsend, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
SpringServe joins Amazon streaming TV ad server certification program
Mar 10, 2023 – SpringServe (NASDAQ:MGNI) is to join the Amazon Publisher Services (APS) Ad Server Certification Program for streaming TV, simplifying APS header bidding integration.
News categories: SpringServe, Amazon Publisher Services, Joe Hirsch, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
VIZIO reports Q4 2022 results
Feb 28, 2023 – VIZIO Holding (NYSE: VZIO) has announced results for the three months ended September 30, 2022. The company reported that there are now 17.4 million SmartCast Active Accounts, up 15% YoY.
News categories: VIZIO, Advertising, Digital TV, Results, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
U.S. digital entertainment consumer spending grew $3.7bn in 2022
Mar 7, 2023 – Overall U.S. consumer spending across digital and physical home entertainment formats in 2022 was more than $36.5 billion, an 11.4% increase from the almost $33 billion consumers spent in 2021.
News categories: Digital Entertainment Group, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Hisense ranks no. 2 globally for TV shipments in 2022
Feb 22, 2023 – Data from Omdia shows that, for the full year 2022, global shipments of Hisense TVs hit a yearly total of 24.5 million, ranking Hisense no. 2 overall in the market, with a year-on-year growth of 16.1%.
News categories: Hisense, Omdia, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
SLING TV launches Freestream FAST service
Feb 9, 2023 – SLING TV has launched a FAST service, Sling Freestream. Freestream is available through the SLING app on all Roku devices, and is rolling out across Comcast, LG, Samsung, Vizio and Xbox devices.
News categories: SLING TV, Gary Schanman, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
- FAST revenues in Eastern Europe set to reach $42m by 2028
- Qvest becomes European League of Football FAST playout partner
- Wyplay acquires iFeelSmart
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027