Digital TV News: Vectra
Play Group acquires 92.5% of Redge Technologies
Jul 7, 2022 – The Play Group (part of iliad) has acquired 92.5% of Redge Technologies. The residual 7.5% remains with Przemysław Frasunek, CEO and Co-Founder of the company. In 2021, Redge Technologies had revenues in excess of €7.5 million.
News categories: Redge Technologies, Play Group, Przemysław Frasunek, Tomasz Potapczuk, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, MandA, Poland, Streaming
UOKiK gives conditional consent to takeover of Multimedia Polska by Vectra
Jan 20, 2020 – UOKiK, Polands Office of Competition and Consumer Protection, has conditionally approved the takeover of Multimedia Polska of Vectra. Vectra will be obliged to fulfil specific conditions which would reduce a risk to equal competition of entrepreneurs.
News categories: UOKiK, Vectra, Multimedia Polska, Cable TV, Digital TV, MandA, Poland
Poland's Vectra adds 89,000 digital TV subscribers in 2013
Feb 6, 2014 – According to Wirtualnemedia.pl, Polish cable TV operator Vectra ended 2013 with around 880,000 pay TV subscribers, up 55,000 from 822,000 at the end of 2012. Digital TV subscribers grew by 89,000 over the year.
News categories: Vectra, Cable TV, Poland, Subscribers
ADB delivers interactivity solution to Poland's Vectra
Jul 4, 2013 – Advanced Digital Broadcast (SIX: ADBN) has announced that it has delivered its advanced systems solution to Polish cable operator, Vectra. The delivered package includes: STB Remote Monitoring, Advertisement Control System and User Messaging System.
News categories: Advanced Digital Broadcast, Vectra, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Middleware, Poland
Vectra launches new HD set-top box from Motorola
Jun 13, 2013 – Polish cable TV operator Vectra has announced the availability of the new HD set-top box produced by Motorola. Up until now, Vectra's HD boxes have been supplied by Advanced Digital Broadcast (ADB).
News categories: Vectra, Motorola, Cable TV, Digital TV, Poland, Set Top Box
Vectra chooses ARRIS Hybrid Set-Top for digital transition in Poland
Jun 3, 2013 – ARRIS (NASDAQ: ARRS) has announced that Poland's second-largest cable service provider, Vectra, has chosen the ARRIS HMC3021 hybrid HD set-top box to accelerate its shift to IP.
News categories: ARRIS Group, Vectra, ANGA COM, Cable TV, Digital TV, Poland, Set Top Box
Vectra Selects SeaChange Back Office for New Video-on-Demand Service
May 10, 2012 – SeaChange International (NASDAQ: SEAC) has announced that Vectra, Poland's third-largest cable operator, will implement its web-centric Adrenalin video back office. Adrenalin will support Vectra's rollout of video-on-demand (VOD) in 2012.
News categories: SeaChange, Vectra, ANGA COM, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Poland
UPC leads in digital cable in Poland
Jun 13, 2011 – According to Poland's Chamber for Electronic Communication (PIKE), at the end of March 2011, UPC had the largest number of subscribers in Poland receiving digital cable TV, with a total of 408,000. Vectra was second with 331,000.
News categories: Polska Izba Komunikacji Elektronicznej, Cable TV, Market Research, Poland, Subscribers
UPC Polska catching up with Vectra in digital cable
Mar 11, 2010 – According to Poland's Chamber for Electronic Communication (Polska Izba Komunikacji Elektronicznej - PIKE), at the end of 2009, Vectra had the largest number of subscribers in Poland receiving digital cable TV, with a total of 240,000. UPC was second with 229,400.
News categories: Polska Izba Komunikacji Elektronicznej, UPC Polska, Vectra, Cable TV, Market Research, Poland, Subscribers
- Discovery+ launching on Sling TV and Dish TV
- FAST Channels TV provides linear channels for Digital TV Cyprus OTT platform
- Video streaming services lost further playtime per user in H1 2022
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes
- ADTH introduces ultra-compact USB ATSC 3.0 receiver
- ATSC 3.0-in-a-box from ENENSYS and Ateme powers WCRN Boston NEXTGEN TV
- Sinclair partners with Korean broadcasters to further NextGen broadcasting
- Linear TV viewing down as online long form viewing time continues to grow
- Auton and Anywave launch ATSC 3.0 broadcast internet test lab in Oregon
- OAN expands CTV reach with NetRange
- Liberty Global, Telefónica, InfraVia Capital to build fibre network in the UK