Digital TV News: VodafoneZiggo
Liberty Global video subscribers down 21,900 in Q1 2022
May 10, 2022 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ:LBTYA, LBTYB, LBTYK) has announced its Q1 2022 results. Organic video subscriber losses at continuing operations were 21,900 in the quarter. VodafoneZiggo video subscribers were down 24,500 over the same period.
News categories: Liberty Global, Mike Fries, Belgium, Cable TV, Digital TV, Ireland, Netherlands, Poland, Results, Slovakia, Subscribers, Switzerland
Liberty Global reports Q4 2021 results
Feb 17, 2022 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ:LBTYA, LBTYB, LBTYK) has announced its Q4 2021 results. Organic video subscriber losses at continuing operations were 19,400 in the quarter. VodafoneZiggo video subscribers were down 24,900 over the same period.
News categories: Liberty Global, Belgium, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Ireland, Netherlands, Results, Slovakia, Subscribers, Switzerland, UK
Vodafone Group TV subscribers down 51,000 in 3Q 2021
Nov 16, 2021 – Vodafone Group has announced its H1 FY22 results. In the quarter to 30 September 2021, the number of TV subscribers decreased by 51,000 to end with a total of 18.449 million. VodafoneZiggo subscribers were down 23,000, finishing at 3.755 million.
News categories: Vodafone Group, Cable TV, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV, Italy, Netherlands, Portugal, Results, Spain, Subscribers
Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
Oct 14, 2021 – According to Dataxis, the pay TV market in Europe is expected to slowly recover from the blow it suffered during the pandemic. Pay TV revenues in Europe should reach €33 billion in 2025, eventually topping its 2019 level.
News categories: Dataxis, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Terrestrial
VodafoneZiggo video subscribers down 23,600 in 2Q 2021
Jul 30, 2021 – VodafoneZiggo has reported results for the second quarter of 2021. Strong progress on the company's Mediabox Next roll-out continues as 1.6 million customers now have the new 4K video platform.
News categories: VodafoneZiggo, Cable TV, Digital TV, Netherlands, Results, Set Top Box, Subscribers
Liberty Global reports Q2 2021 results
Jul 29, 2021 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ:LBTYA, LBTYB, LBTYK) has announced its Q2 2021 results. Organic video subscriber losses were at 41,900 in the quarter. Liberty has received a non-binding offer from Iliad to acquire 100% of UPC Poland.
News categories: Liberty Global, Mike Fries, Belgium, Cable TV, Digital TV, Ireland, Netherlands, Poland, Results, Slovakia, Subscribers, Switzerland, UK
Liberty Global reports Q4 2020 results
Feb 16, 2021 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ:LBTYA, LBTYB, LBTYK) has announced Q4 2020 results. In the quarter, the company gained video subscribers in Ireland, Poland and Slovakia, and saw losses in the UK, Belgium and Switzerland - a reduction of 9,500 overall.
News categories: Liberty Global, Belgium, Cable TV, Digital TV, Ireland, Netherlands, Poland, Results, Slovakia, Subscribers, Switzerland, UK
Liberty Global Vodafone deal approved by European Commission
Jul 18, 2019 – European Commission has announced its final approval of the sale of Liberty Global’s operations in Germany, Hungary, Romania and the Czech Republic to Vodafone Group. The transaction, announced May 9, 2018, has a total enterprise value of approximately €19 billion [$21.5] billion, on a GAAP basis.
News categories: Liberty Global, European Commission, Vodafone, Mike Fries, Cable TV, Czech Republic, Digital TV, EU, Germany, Hungary, MandA, Regulation, Romania
EU clears T-Mobile NL's acquisition of Tele2 NL
Nov 27, 2018 – The European Commission has approved under the EU Merger Regulation the proposed acquisition of Tele2 NL by T-Mobile NL. The Commission concluded that the merger would raise no competition concerns in the European Economic Area or any substantial part of it.
News categories: European Commission, T-Mobile, Tele2, Digital TV, IPTV, MandA, Netherlands, Regulation
- Nielsen Admosphere to implement cross-platform TV audience measurement in the Czech Republic
- ASTA-NET selects CryptoGuard to secure IPTV services in Poland
- Redge Technologies extends contract with TVN Warner Bros. Discovery
- ViX+, TelevisaUnivision’s premium SVOD tier, debuts on July 21
- Eurofins releases updated NEXTGEN TV logo certification test suite
- Xfinity Stream app launches on Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD
- Tencent Video available in NetRange Smart TV app store
- Gibtelecom launches new TV platform with Netgem
- izzi adds anti-piracy and extended threat defense technologies from Verimatrix
- MEO deploys Velocix CDN and cloud-native VRM platforms
- AminoOS deployed to Vodafone Iceland’s legacy Samsung STBs
- Bhimavaram Community Network chooses Skyworth for 4K RDK IPTV set-tops
- Synaptics selects Allegro DVT VVC compliance streams
- NextGen TV launches in Shreveport, LA
- Sunrise deploys Media Distillery to enhance TV user experience
- Vewd brings in-vehicle streaming to Renesas R-Car automotive chipsets
- Omdia expects pay TV & online video subscriptions to pass 3 billion in 2027
- SeaChange Advanced Advertising Platform selected by Armstrong and BEAM
- U.S. streaming video consumers becoming more price sensitive
- SES-22 to launch on June 29th