Digital TV News: YouSee
Media Distillery and Gracenote optimize EPG utility
Nov 16, 2021 – Media Distillery and Gracenote have created a solution to optimise Electronic Programme Guide (EPG) utility. The offering helps operators improve content navigation through increased guide and recording accuracy.
News categories: Media Distillery, Gracenote, Simon Adams, Roland Sars, Big Data, Digital TV, UX, Worldwide
ATEME encoding chosen for YouSee and Blockbuster in Denmark
Mar 23, 2021 – ATEME has announced that Nuuday, a Danish company providing TV and VoD services as part of the TDC Group, has adopted ATEME's TITAN range of encoding solutions for its YouSee and Blockbuster services.
News categories: ATEME, Nuuday, Katrine Finstad, Peter Bukhave Hansen, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Denmark, Digital TV
Media Distillery secures €3 million of funding
Jan 7, 2021 – Media Distillery has secured €3 million of funding, mainly from entrepreneurs and executives in the TV and broadcast industry. The funding will be used for international expansion and to extend the platform.
News categories: Media Distillery, Roland Sars, Geert Vos, Big Data, UX, Venture Capital, Worldwide
YouSee and Media Distillery use AI to enhance the TV viewing experience
Aug 27, 2019 – YouSee and Media Distillery have announced that they have partnered on the use of AI to improve the television viewing experience and to provide a clean on-demand experience, offering an experience similar to that of online video subscription services.
News categories: Media Distillery, YouSee, Roland Sars, Henrik Harder, Big Data, Cable TV, Denmark, Digital TV, UX
Nuuday selects Agama for service and customer experience assurance
Aug 27, 2019 – Agama has announced that Nuuday has chosen to implement Agama’s end-to-end video assurance and analytics solution for its video services delivered under the YouSee brand. Nuuday will use Agama across all platforms, including OTT, cable and IPTV.
News categories: Agama, Nuuday, Mikael Dahlgren, Peter Bukhave, Big Data, Cable TV, Denmark, Digital TV, IBC2022, IPTV, Streaming
TDC launches next generation Home Gateway in Denmark with SoftAtHome
Apr 18, 2019 – SoftAtHome has announced that its software enables TDC’s Danish customers to benefit from gigabit services. TDC’s subscribers now enjoy a much faster Internet connection with two bonded VDSL lines, highest quality TV and uninterrupted communications.
News categories: SoftAtHome, TDC, David Viret-Lange, Michael Vig Larsen, Broadband, Denmark, Gateway, Middleware
The number of cable homes in Europe grew once again in 2017
Nov 7, 2018 – The number of cable homes in Europe once again grew in 2017, reaching 69.2 million and comprising 36.3% of all TV households. This was the largest number of cable homes in Europe since 2009 according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) and Cable Europe.
News categories: IHS Markit, Cable Europe, Maria Rua Aguete, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, Subscribers
Denmark's TDC to deliver time-shift TV with Harmonic multiscreen solution
Mar 18, 2014 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that TDC, Denmark’s principal telecom company, has deployed a multiscreen solution from Harmonic to deliver time-shift services with catch-up TV content through its YouSee and TDC brands.
News categories: Harmonic Inc, TDC, YouSee, Tom Eltzholtz, Thomas Henriksen, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Denmark, Mobile, Video Exchange
TDC TV stable over 2013 with 1.38 million subscribers
Feb 4, 2014 – TDC has published results for the fourth quarter of 2013. Continued TV net adds in TDC brand (5k) and Fullrate TV relaunch (4k) compensated for the loss of YouSee customers in the organized market (-10k in Q4).
News categories: YouSee, TDC, Cable TV, Denmark, Results
- SLING TV comes to VIZIO SmartCast platform
- VideoAI from CTS automates video content metadata generation
- Irdeto brings Server Side Ad Insertion solution to market
- Five million Brits spending full working day on streaming sites
- Breezeline launches cloud-based TV service
- ATSC 3.0 technologies selected for Brazil's TV 3.0 system
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- MPEG-H selected as audio system for Brazil's TV 3.0 Project
- Altice partners with Ampersand to sell addressable ad inventory
- Cgates goes live with Synamedia video network solutions
- Video Solutions AG launches AVOD channels with Amagi
- Netflix shows signs of slowing in the U.S.
- A-LIVE partners with Minerva to offer fans NFTs of music concert
- Pay TV revenues in the MENA region to decline by $1.5bn
- ViacomCBS migrates from satellite to IP content distribution with CommScope
- VIDAA selects Unruly SSP and ad server to provide inventory access
- NBCUniversal names iSpot.tv as first cross-platform Video Certified Measurement Partner
- GTPL Hathway finishes 2021 with 7.5 million digital CATV subscribers
- Vewd adds SmarDTV CI Plus CAM to Operator TV ecosystem
- DTH subscribers down 970,000 in India in 3Q 2021