Digital TV News: YouSee
Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
Jan 25, 2023 – YouSee has agreed a deal with Simply.TV. Metadata from Simply.TV will help YouSee with visuals, recommendations, sports info, ingestion of broadcaster data, and an ID space bringing all services together.
News categories: Simply.TV, YouSee, Daniel Rühmann, Jannie Marie Kaarsberg, Big Data, Denmark, Digital TV, UX
SkyShowtime rollout to begin in the Nordics on September 20th
Sep 5, 2022 – SkyShowtime will launch in Denmark, Finland, Norway and Sweden on September 20th, before expanding into the Netherlands in Q4. The rollout will continue across Spain, Portugal, Andorra, and Central & Eastern Europe over the following months.
News categories: SkyShowtime, Monty Sarhan, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Norway, Sweden
Sunrise deploys Media Distillery to enhance TV user experience
Jun 28, 2022 – Media Distillery has announced that Sunrise has deployed its EPG Correction Distillery. Thanks to the technology, the operator’s DTV subscribers with the latest generation TV box now see accurate EPG start- and end-times for programmes.
News categories: Media Distillery, Sunrise, Liberty Global, Roland Sars, Tina Rodriguez, Chris van der Linden, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, Switzerland, UX
Media Distillery and Gracenote optimize EPG utility
Nov 16, 2021 – Media Distillery and Gracenote have created a solution to optimise Electronic Programme Guide (EPG) utility. The offering helps operators improve content navigation through increased guide and recording accuracy.
News categories: Media Distillery, Gracenote, Simon Adams, Roland Sars, Big Data, Digital TV, UX, Worldwide
ATEME encoding chosen for YouSee and Blockbuster in Denmark
Mar 23, 2021 – ATEME has announced that Nuuday, a Danish company providing TV and VoD services as part of the TDC Group, has adopted ATEME's TITAN range of encoding solutions for its YouSee and Blockbuster services.
News categories: ATEME, Nuuday, Katrine Finstad, Peter Bukhave Hansen, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Denmark, Digital TV
Media Distillery secures €3 million of funding
Jan 7, 2021 – Media Distillery has secured €3 million of funding, mainly from entrepreneurs and executives in the TV and broadcast industry. The funding will be used for international expansion and to extend the platform.
News categories: Media Distillery, Roland Sars, Geert Vos, Big Data, UX, Venture Capital, Worldwide
YouSee and Media Distillery use AI to enhance the TV viewing experience
Aug 27, 2019 – YouSee and Media Distillery have announced that they have partnered on the use of AI to improve the television viewing experience and to provide a clean on-demand experience, offering an experience similar to that of online video subscription services.
News categories: Media Distillery, YouSee, Roland Sars, Henrik Harder, Big Data, Cable TV, Denmark, Digital TV, UX
Nuuday selects Agama for service and customer experience assurance
Aug 27, 2019 – Agama has announced that Nuuday has chosen to implement Agama’s end-to-end video assurance and analytics solution for its video services delivered under the YouSee brand. Nuuday will use Agama across all platforms, including OTT, cable and IPTV.
News categories: Agama, Nuuday, Mikael Dahlgren, Peter Bukhave, Big Data, Cable TV, Denmark, Digital TV, IBC2022, IPTV, Streaming
TDC launches next generation Home Gateway in Denmark with SoftAtHome
Apr 18, 2019 – SoftAtHome has announced that its software enables TDC’s Danish customers to benefit from gigabit services. TDC’s subscribers now enjoy a much faster Internet connection with two bonded VDSL lines, highest quality TV and uninterrupted communications.
News categories: SoftAtHome, TDC, David Viret-Lange, Michael Vig Larsen, Broadband, Denmark, Gateway, Middleware
- Irdeto enhances software DRM to prevent content key extraction
- T-Mobile NL partners with Witbe to guarantee IPTV service quality
- Global semiconductor sales grew 3.2% in 2022 despite H2 slowdown
- Veset acquired by PLAY Japan
- Hisense no. 1 in TV shipments in December 2022
- LG adds Apple integrations to webOS Hub smart TV platform
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023