Digital TV News: itel
Shipments of TV panels projected to drop 2.8% YoY in 2023
Jan 11, 2023 – The recent decline of the global economy has significantly dampened the outlook for sales of TVs. As a result, TrendForce expects shipments of TV panels to fall by 2.8% YoY to a total of 264 million units for 2023.
News categories: TrendForce, Asia, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Telenet acquires Eltrona's activities in Luxembourg
Dec 21, 2022 – The shareholders of Eltrona and Telenet (Brussels: TNET) have reached an agreement whereby Telenet will acquire all remaining shares of Eltrona, active in the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg.
News categories: Telenet, Eltrona, John Porter, Paul Denzle, Broadband, Digital TV, IPTV, Luxembourg, MandA, Mobile
Perhaps live sports not so critical for pay-TV subscriber retention
Oct 31, 2022 – According to Aluma, while 18% of U.S. pay-TV subscribers are moderately likely to cancel service if their favorite sport moved its live games exclusively to subscription streaming services, only 8% would 'definitely' cancel.
News categories: Aluma, Michael Greeson, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
Vodafone Portugal to acquire Nowo
Sep 30, 2022 – Vodafone Portugal has entered into an agreement with Llorca JVCO, shareholder of Másmóvil Ibercom, for the purchase of Cabonitel, owner of Nowo Communications, subject to the necessary regulatory approval.
News categories: Vodafone Portugal, Nowo Communications, Mário Vaz, Digital TV, IPTV, MandA, Portugal
Mongolia's Univision selects Broadpeak for video delivery
Aug 23, 2022 – Broadpeak has announced that Univision has deployed its origin packager, video delivery mediator, HTTP video cache servers and video delivery analytics for hybrid IPTV and OTT video service delivery in Mongolia.
News categories: Broadpeak, Univision, Jacques Le Mancq, Tulga Otgonbayar, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2022, IPTV, Mongolia
Mongolia's Univision selects end-to-end solution from Viaccess-Orca
May 25, 2022 – Viaccess-Orca (VO) has announced that Univision will deliver its IPTV service in Mongolia with an end-to-end solution from VO. VO's TV Platform will allow the operator to quickly create new services, including aggregated content offerings.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, Univision, Philippe Léonetti, Tulga Otgonbayar, BroadcastAsia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Mongolia
Agama and Divitel expand QA and monitoring services at Digicel
Mar 10, 2022 – Agama has announced that, in partnership with Divitel, the Digicel Group will deploy Agama's monitoring solution for quality assurance of the OTT head-end in its video delivery network, monitoring both unicast and multicast streams.
News categories: Agama, Divitel, Digicel, Mikael Dahlgren, Hans Kornmann, Asia, Cable TV, Caribbean, Digital TV, Latin America, QoE, Streaming
Molotov renews SSAI contract with AIP
Feb 8, 2022 – Ad Insertion Platform (AIP) is to continue to provide Server-Side-Ad-Insertion (SSAI) technology for Molotov's MANGO AVoD service. AIP's platform solves the technical complexities of delivering addressable dynamic advertising for streamed TV.
News categories: Ad Insertion Platform, Molotov, Laurent Potesta, Eric Renard, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, France, Streaming
A-LIVE partners with Minerva to offer fans NFTs of music concert
Jan 12, 2022 – In December 2021, Coma Cose streamed an augmented reality concert to paying viewers. One thousand fans were also able to purchase a recording of the concert along with unique fragments packaged as NFTs and delivered via a Limited Edition Box.
News categories: Minerva, A-LIVE, Fabrizio Capobianco, Alex Braga, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022