Digital TV News: itel
Yospace wins ITV Hub ad insertion contract extension
Feb 11, 2021 – ITV has extended its relationship with Yospace for targeted advertising on live channels in ITV Hub. The extension runs until 2022 and will mark over a decade of collaboration on server-side ad insertion (SSAI).
News categories: Yospace, ITV, Tim Sewell, Vinay Gupta, Advertising, Digital TV, OTT, UK
TVSquared brings standardized, cross-platform measurement to TV
Feb 2, 2021 – TVSquared has announced the launch of the ADvantage XP tier of its analytics platform. ADvantage XP measures the effectiveness of TV advertising through a scalable platform for linear, addressable and OTT/CTV.
News categories: TVSquared, Jo Kinsella, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Worldwide
Yospace extends ad insertion deal with ITV
Jan 6, 2021 – ITV has extended its relationship with Yospace for targeted advertising on live channels in ITV Hub. The extension runs until 2022 and will mark over a decade of collaboration and innovation in SSAI.
News categories: Yospace, ITV, Vinay Gupta, Advertising, Digital TV, OTT, UK
NetRange cloud app portal selected by itel for new Smart TVs
Dec 3, 2020 – itel has selected the NetRange VISNOS Smart TV app portal for its new Smart TV range. NetRange VISNOS moves app functionality to the cloud enabling an advanced Smart TV experience on low end/low CPU-powered TVs.
News categories: NetRange, itel, Tim Schröder, Frank Gao, Africa, Apps, India, OTT, Smart TV, UX, Vietnam
V-Nova announces the completion of MPEG-5 LCEVC
Nov 2, 2020 – V-Nova has announced that MPEG-5 Part 2 LCEVC has been promoted to an MPEG/ISO final draft international standard. LCEVC enhances the compression performance of any base video codec and offers improved picture quality at up to 40% lower bitrates.
News categories: V-Nova, LCEVC, Guido Meardi, Luis Vicente, Karam Malhotra, Dr Nadine Hachach-Haram, Fathi Albatie, Thomas Kramer, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, Worldwide
HbbTV 2.0.3 specification published
Oct 27, 2020 – The HbbTV Association has completed work on an update to its core specification (HbbTV 2.0.3). For the first time, HbbTV has removed some features and is announcing the intention to remove others in the future.
News categories: HbbTV Association, Vincent Grivet, Jon Piesing, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
58 million U.S. broadband households to be MVPD-free by 2025
Oct 14, 2020 – According to The Diffusion Group, by 2025 more than half of U.S. broadband households will live without an MVPD service. During this time, pay-TV services will lose 36% of their 2020 subscriber base.
News categories: The Diffusion Group, Michael Greeson, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
Pay TV in Portugal grows 4.1% YoY in 1H 2020
Sep 16, 2020 – According to Anacom, in Portugal in the first half of 2020, around 89.3% of households had pay TV, 3.3 percentage points more than the previous year. The number of subscribers was 4.15 million, up 165,000 (+4.1%) year-on-year.
News categories: Anacom, COVID-19, Digital TV, Market Research, Portugal, Subscribers
ZEASN announces Smart TV App Store v3.0
Sep 15, 2020 – ZEASN has announced version 3.0 of its Smart TV App Store. The release adopts a minimalist design style and a new UI, as well as a series of new features and improvements. The update will begin rolling out this week.
News categories: ZEASN, Raymond Chung, Apps, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
- VisualOn launches WatchParty co-watching solution
- Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer first vehicles with Fire TV for Auto
- U.S. pay TV providers lost over 5 million subscribers in 2020
- OTT NOW! from Stoneroos powers SportsTribal
- OTT video streaming in APAC now reaches 392 million people
- Megacable launches OTT service powered by Viaccess-Orca
- No growth expected for Latin America pay TV
- More than 150 million smart speakers sold in 2020
- LG and Sony led OLED TV gains in advanced TV market in Q4
- 63% of TV viewers in the EU5 watch ad-supported streaming
- Slow growth for OTT pay TV in Latin America
- Australia pay TV market to decline at 2.6% CAGR over next five years
- MediaTek releases 4K Smart TV IC with integrated AI processing unit
- SpotX to monetize OTT inventory for Crackle Plus
- Kaltura files for Initial Public Offering
- ANGA COM 2021 switches to online
- Virgin TV 360 now available to all Virgin Media customers
- TVbeat to provide audience insights for OSN
- Roku to acquire Nielsen’s Advanced Video Advertising business
- VIZIO files for initial public offering