Asia Digital TV News
Global SVOD revenue to grow to $100 billion
Sep 28, 2020 – According to Digital TV Research, global SVOD revenues will reach $100 billion by 2025, double the $50 billion recorded in 2019. SVOD revenues will be above $1 billion in 16 countries.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, China, Digital TV, France, Germany, Market Research, OTT, UK, USA, Worldwide
Amazon announces new Fire TV devices and redesigned UX
Sep 24, 2020 – Amazon (NASDAQ:AMZN) has announced a next-generation Fire TV Stick, an all-new Fire TV Stick Lite, and a reimagined Fire TV experience that is more personal and customized.
News categories: Amazon, Marc Whitten, Asia, Canada, Digital TV, Europe, Latin America, OTT, Set Top Box, USA, UX
Discovery acquires assets of adtech start-up AdSparx
Sep 22, 2020 – Discovery (Nasdaq: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) has announced that it has acquired the assets of AdSparx, a start-up offering a cloud-based platform for server side in-stream dynamic ad insertion (DAI).
News categories: Discovery, AdSparx, Avi Saxena, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, India, MnA, OTT, USA
Sluggish growth expected for pay TV in India
Sep 22, 2020 – Pay-TV services revenue in India is expected to grow at a lethargic CAGR of 0.7% from US$3.19bn in 2020 to US$3.30bn in 2025 due to growing user substitution to OTT platforms, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Deepa Dhingra, COVID-19, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Subscribers
GTPL KCBPL selects ATEME for converged headend in India
Sep 17, 2020 – ATEME has announced that GTPL KCBPL has chosen to implement ATEME’s TITAN Live solution for its cable TV and OTT platform. ATEME’s TITAN Live is being used to encode and transcode channel video headends.
News categories: ATEME, GTPL KCBPL, Michel Artieres, Bijoy Agarwal, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India
ViacomCBS global streaming service to be called Paramount+
Sep 15, 2020 – ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC, VIACA) has unveiled 'Paramount+' as the brand name for the company’s upcoming global streaming service. CBS All Access will be rebranded as Paramount+ in early 2021 as part of the service expansion.
News categories: ViacomCBS, Bob Bakish, Marc DeBevoise, Australia, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Latin America, Norway, OTT, Sweden, USA
StarHub TV+ service and set-top box launched
Sep 10, 2020 – StarHub has announced StarHub TV+ is an all-in-one offering giving customers streaming services, apps and TV programmes through a single platform. The service is supported by a new StarHub TV+ Box bsaed on Android TV.
News categories: StarHub, Johan Buse, Android TV, Digital TV, Fibre, Set Top Box, Singapore, TV Everywhere
OzTAM adds co-viewing to BVOD reporting
Sep 10, 2020 – OzTAM has introduced CTV co-viewing data to its VPM Report. The enhancement evolves the VPM service from a 1:1 people-to-device measure for BVOD to reflect that people often watch BVOD content together on a CTV.
News categories: OzTAM, Doug Peiffer, Advertising, Australia, Big Data, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT
Cloud TV OS launched for Smart TVs in India
Sep 9, 2020 – Indian start-up Cloud TV has introduced an OS solution for Smart TVs. Designed to facilitate control over UI/UX development, Cloud TV OS offers customization possibilities for Android-based televisions.
News categories: Cloud TV OS, Jagdish Rajpurohit, Android TV, Digital TV, India, Smart TV, UX
- Google's share of global digital media revenues declined in Q2
- First Media launches Android TV STB with Widevine CAS in Indonesia
- EBOX deploys Technicolor Android TV set-tops in Québec
- Conviva releases Q3 2020 State of Streaming report
- Realtek selects Allegro DVT H.266/VVC compliance streams
- Russian SVOD consumer spend to increase 1,000% by 2024
- A1 selects XroadMedia for content discovery and recommendations
- Skyworth and 3SS create Netflix-ready Android TV platform
- CANAL+ extends satellite agreements with SES for Europe and Africa
- European Connected TV Initiative to explore advertising opportunities
- Accessible TV Guide rolls out on Freeview Play
- Spain’s AgileTV migrates to Verimatrix Secure Cloud
- Promwad offers videoconferencing and 'watch party' solution for TV
- Phoenix Model Market gets ATSC 3.0 Single Frequency Network
- Magenta Telekom deploys Whip Media Content Value Management platform
- Pay-TV revenue in Philippines to grow at 4.0% CAGR over next five years
- Israel’s RGE chooses Kaltura to power Kids Cloud TV service
- Over 40% of video consumption hours now on mobile for U.S. Gen Z
- T-Mobile USA launches TV bundles and Android TV STB
- TenTime uses NexPlayer to launch Arabic SVOD service