Honduras Digital TV News
Conax provides pay TV security for Millicom's Tigo DTH in LatAm
Sep 11, 2014 – Conax (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that it is providing Millicom with content protection for its expanding cable and satellite Pay TV operations under the Tigo Star brand. Conax has entered a Supply Agreement with Millicom for its Tigo DTH LatAm operations.
News categories: Conax, Millicom, Luciano Marino, Rohit Mehra, Bolivia, Content Protection, Costa Rica, Digital TV, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, IBC2020, Satellite
Millicom launches satellite pay TV in Costa Rica and Honduras
Jun 5, 2014 – Millicom (Stockholmsbörsen: MIC) has announced that it has launched satellite pay-TV services in two more countries, Costa Rica and Honduras. These follow the first two services in Bolivia and El Salvador.
News categories: Millicom, Hans-Holger Albrecht, Costa Rica, Digital TV, Honduras, Satellite
Qualy TV DTH arrives in Costa Rica
Dec 4, 2013 – Qualy TV, part of the Albavisión group, has launched its new pay TV service in Costa Rica using the satellite platform of Media Networks, a unit of Telefónica. The basic service consists of 53 SD channels, with additional movie and adult packages available.
News categories: Qualy TV, Media Networks, Costa Rica, Digital TV, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Satellite
Honduras adopts ISDB-T for DTT
Sep 27, 2013 – The government of Honduras has announced the adoption of ISDB-T as its standard for digital terrestrial television. In 2007, Honduras opted for the ATSC system, but has now changed its policy to favour the Japanese-Brazilian standard.
News categories: Digital TV, Honduras, ISDB-T, SBTVD, Terrestrial
Millicom ends 2012 with 558,000 Tigo cable TV customers in Central America
Mar 6, 2013 – Millicom, which operates cable services in El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Costa Rica, and Nicaragua under the Tigo brand, has reported Financial and Operational Data as at December 31 2012. At the end of the year it had 558,000 cable TV RGUs.
News categories: Millicom, Cable TV, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Paraguay, Results, Subscribers
ROK Powers Mobile TV Service for Claro in Honduras
Jul 28, 2011 – ROK Global (FWB:RKG) has announced that, following the success of its Mobile TV subscription services with other América Móvil (BMV: AMXL; NYSE: AMX) operators in Latin America, ROK-powered Mobile TV is now live with Claro in Honduras.
News categories: ROK Global, Honduras, Mobile
Compunicate winning CA contracts in Latin America
Apr 26, 2011 – Compunicate has been winning conditional access (CA) contracts across northern Latin America. For example, Teleoperadora del Nordeste (Telenord) and Orbit Cable, both in the Dominican Republic, have deployed systems with Compunicate CA.
News categories: Compunicate, Cable TV, Colombia, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Dominican Republic, Honduras, Set Top Box
Hondutel looking for IPTV trial partner
Nov 3, 2008 – Hondutel, a Honduran government-owned telco, is looking for a technical partner to carry out IPTV trials over the next months before launching a general RFI (request for information) targeted at providers.
News categories: Hondutel, Digital TV, Honduras, IPTV
Macrovision's Passport IPG Solution Takes Latin America Cable Audiences to the Cutting Edge of TV
Sep 18, 2008 – Macrovision (NASDAQ: MVSN) has announced that América Móvil (Claro), Cablevisión, Telecentro and Videomar have all chosen to provide Macrovision's Passport IPG solutions to their cable viewers, enhancing their overall TV viewing experience.
News categories: Macrovision, América Móvil, Cablevisión, Telecentro, Argentina, Brazil, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Middleware, Nicaragua, Set Top Box
- ATRESMEDIA and smartclip deepen HbbTV advertising partnership
- Comscore, Kantar extend measurement partnership with Auditel Italy
- Pay TV revenues to plunge to $150 billion
- Cable-Tec Expo unable to go ahead
- Sisvel announces first VP9 and AV1 patent licensees
- Comcast to bring HBO Max to Xfinity customers
- HBO Max launched in the U.S.
- Nordic households spending €149pm on media and access services
- SES unveils results of Philippines TV market reception survey
- Over half of U.S. adults watching more TV since the pandemic
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Las Vegas
- Shifts in viewing behavior continue during COVID-19 pandemic
- Dailymotion and Huawei Video announce global video partnership
- SoftAtHome builds RDK-based video product for service providers
- Nordija integrates Yospace ad insertion technology
- iQIYI partners MediaTek for AV1-powered Ultra HD streaming
- Bitė to acquire Telecentras' IPTV business in Lithuania
- World's fastest internet speed from a single optical chip
- Disney+ attracts 2 million Australian viewers in 4 months
- Global TV shipments to fall 5.8% in 2020