Peripherals / Accessories News
Wi-Fi Direct-Enabled Digital Televisions Will Approach 80 Million by 2015
Jun 2, 2011 – The first applications to adopt Wi-Fi Direct include mobile PCs, mobile phones, and digital televisions (DTVs). The main display in most homes will be a key target and In-Stat forecasts that by 2015 nearly 80 million DTVs will be Wi-Fi Direct-enabled.
News categories: In-Stat, Blu-ray, Camcorder, Digital TV, DVD, Games Console, Market Research, Mobile, Peripherals / Accessories, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Tablet
Mirics to Deliver Live Global TV Recording and Playback via Dual-Tuner Intel-Branded PC Motherboard
May 30, 2011 – Mirics has announced that Intel (NASDAQ: INTC) will deliver global broadcast TV through an upcoming Intel-branded PC Motherboard. Mirics will be previewing the technology at Computex 2011 in Taipei, May 30th - June 4th, 2011.
News categories: Mirics, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor
ViXS delivers video recording and PVR to the PC with the the 'Colossus' Digital Recorder by Hauppauge
May 30, 2011 – ViXS Systems has announced that Hauppauge Digital (NASDAQ: HAUP) has selected the ViXS XCode® 3111 for Colossus - a high definition TV video recorder for PCs.
News categories: ViXS Systems, Hauppauge, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor
German CE Market Grows by 6.6% % in First Quarter of 2011
May 24, 2011 – The German market for consumer electronics saw a positive start to the year, with an increase of 6.6% in the first quarter compared to 2010, however consumer electronics products fell 1.7 percent.
News categories: GfK, DVD, Games Console, Germany, Market Research, Peripherals / Accessories, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Overall HDMI Device Shipment CAGR to Approach 21% from 2009-2014
May 11, 2011 – While its strength continues to be in the consumer electronics (CE) segment, recent gains in PCs and mobile phones have overall HDMI device shipment CAGR approaching 21% from 2009-2014, according to In-Stat.
News categories: In-Stat, Blu-ray, DVD, Market Research, Mobile, Optical Disc Recorder, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
173 Million Wi-Fi Direct-Enabled Devices to Ship in 2011
Apr 20, 2011 – Wi-Fi Direct is expected to have a break out year in 2011. The number of Wi-Fi Direct-enabled devices shipped will reach 173 million, led by desktop PCs, digital TVs, mobile phones, and notebook PCs, says In-Stat.
News categories: In-Stat, Market Research, Mobile, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Smart TV
SmarDTV MicroSD Card With Nagra Security Complies With New CEA Standard
Apr 11, 2011 – Nagra (SIX.KUD.S) in collaboration with its sister company SmarDTV, has announced that the SmarDTV microSD removable security card embedding the latest Nagra security system is now compliant with the newly introduced CEA-2040 standard.
News categories: SmarDTV, Nagra, CAM, Content Protection, Digital TV, Mobile, NABShow, Peripherals / Accessories, Portable, Tablet, USA
Parade Technologies Offers World's First DisplayPort® 1.2 Dual Mode HDMI Demultiplexers
Mar 14, 2011 – Parade Technologies has announced the world's first DisplayPort Demultiplexer ICs (PS8336A and PS8336B) that are fully compliant with the higher data rates and capabilities of DisplayPort 1.2 and HDMI 1.4a.
News categories: Parade Tech, ICs, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor
Embedded DisplayPort (eDP) Will Surpass 80% Penetration of Mobile PC Market by 2014
Mar 7, 2011 – With VGA and LVDS in phase-out, DisplayPort and HDMI will be the only display interfaces left. Internal DisplayPort (iDP) is expected to begin the process of replacing LVDS in digital televisions in late 2011, according to In-Stat.
News categories: In-Stat, Market Research, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Smart TV
- Fincons Group joins Deutsche TV-Plattform
- Samba TV taps Oracle Moat to measure viewability of CTV ads
- Amazon Prime Video app added to TiVo devices at Atlantic Broadband
- TekSavvy TV launches Cloud PVR and advanced features
- CJ Hello deploys ATEME transcoding solution
- US: Netflix grabs the most attention, but its reign will be challenged
- AWS compute and storage available at the edge of 5G networks
- FOX selects AWS as its cloud and machine learning provider
- TiVo launches Prime Video App to its U.S. pay-TV operator customers
- KPN integrates Amazon Prime Video into the TV menu
- Vodafone UK offers Apple TV 4K with unlimited broadband and mobile data
- A1 Bulgaria launches advanced TV with Zappware
- Tru Optik and Anzu.io to bring targeting to in-game advertising
- 14.5 million Australians now paying TV subscriptions
- EE hosts 5G-powered multi-location augmented reality gig
- Four-fifths of broadcasters considering personalised ads
- 3Q 2019 TV shipments grow 16.8% QoQ owing to peak season
- Worldwide spending on AR/VR expected to reach $18.8bn in 2020
- 13.7 million EU citizens streaming unauthorised IPTV
- WIND-Hellas launching Cloud Recordings with Zappware