Peripherals / Accessories News
Wi-Fi Direct-Enabled Digital Televisions Will Approach 80 Million by 2015
Jun 2, 2011 – The first applications to adopt Wi-Fi Direct include mobile PCs, mobile phones, and digital televisions (DTVs). The main display in most homes will be a key target and In-Stat forecasts that by 2015 nearly 80 million DTVs will be Wi-Fi Direct-enabled.
News categories: In-Stat, Blu-ray, Camcorder, Digital TV, DVD, Games Console, Market Research, Mobile, Peripherals / Accessories, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Tablet
Mirics to Deliver Live Global TV Recording and Playback via Dual-Tuner Intel-Branded PC Motherboard
May 30, 2011 – Mirics has announced that Intel (NASDAQ: INTC) will deliver global broadcast TV through an upcoming Intel-branded PC Motherboard. Mirics will be previewing the technology at Computex 2011 in Taipei, May 30th - June 4th, 2011.
News categories: Mirics, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor
ViXS delivers video recording and PVR to the PC with the the 'Colossus' Digital Recorder by Hauppauge
May 30, 2011 – ViXS Systems has announced that Hauppauge Digital (NASDAQ: HAUP) has selected the ViXS XCode® 3111 for Colossus - a high definition TV video recorder for PCs.
News categories: ViXS Systems, Hauppauge, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor
German CE Market Grows by 6.6% % in First Quarter of 2011
May 24, 2011 – The German market for consumer electronics saw a positive start to the year, with an increase of 6.6% in the first quarter compared to 2010, however consumer electronics products fell 1.7 percent.
News categories: GfK, DVD, Games Console, Germany, Market Research, Peripherals / Accessories, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Overall HDMI Device Shipment CAGR to Approach 21% from 2009-2014
May 11, 2011 – While its strength continues to be in the consumer electronics (CE) segment, recent gains in PCs and mobile phones have overall HDMI device shipment CAGR approaching 21% from 2009-2014, according to In-Stat.
News categories: In-Stat, Blu-ray, DVD, Market Research, Mobile, Optical Disc Recorder, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
173 Million Wi-Fi Direct-Enabled Devices to Ship in 2011
Apr 20, 2011 – Wi-Fi Direct is expected to have a break out year in 2011. The number of Wi-Fi Direct-enabled devices shipped will reach 173 million, led by desktop PCs, digital TVs, mobile phones, and notebook PCs, says In-Stat.
News categories: In-Stat, Market Research, Mobile, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Smart TV
SmarDTV MicroSD Card With Nagra Security Complies With New CEA Standard
Apr 11, 2011 – Nagra (SIX.KUD.S) in collaboration with its sister company SmarDTV, has announced that the SmarDTV microSD removable security card embedding the latest Nagra security system is now compliant with the newly introduced CEA-2040 standard.
News categories: SmarDTV, Nagra, CAM, Content Protection, Digital TV, Mobile, NABShow, Peripherals / Accessories, Portable, Tablet, USA
Parade Technologies Offers World's First DisplayPort® 1.2 Dual Mode HDMI Demultiplexers
Mar 14, 2011 – Parade Technologies has announced the world's first DisplayPort Demultiplexer ICs (PS8336A and PS8336B) that are fully compliant with the higher data rates and capabilities of DisplayPort 1.2 and HDMI 1.4a.
News categories: Parade Tech, ICs, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor
Embedded DisplayPort (eDP) Will Surpass 80% Penetration of Mobile PC Market by 2014
Mar 7, 2011 – With VGA and LVDS in phase-out, DisplayPort and HDMI will be the only display interfaces left. Internal DisplayPort (iDP) is expected to begin the process of replacing LVDS in digital televisions in late 2011, according to In-Stat.
News categories: In-Stat, Market Research, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Smart TV
- Spearad launches monetization technology for addressable TV and audio
- SmartLabs migrates legacy boxes for StarNet TV in Moldova
- New global launch dates confirmed for Disney+
- Viacom and ACCESS partner on automotive TV in Germany
- Australians turn to multiple subscriptions for entertainment
- Broadband usage patterns provide clues to imminent cord-cutting
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient
- Consolidated Communications launches CCiTV in Southern Maine
- HONOR Vision first smart screen device with Huawei's HarmonyOS