Parade Technologies Enters HDMI®-to-MHL™ Transmitter Chip Market
Sep 4, 2012 – Parade Technologies (Taiwan OTC: 4966.TWO) has announced its entry into the HDMI®-to-MHL™ transmitter IC market. The PS5101 converts 19-wire HDMI video streams into 5-wire MHL (Mobile High-Definition Link) for transmission to external TVs and CE devices.
News categories: Parade Technologies, Camcorder, ICs, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Smartphone, Tablet
4.5 million digital satellite receivers sold in Germany in 1H 2012
Aug 16, 2012 – The Q2 2012 CEMIX Consumer Electronics Market Index report for Germany has been published. The number of satellite set-top boxes sold in the country in the first half of 2012 was 4.5 million, up 91% on the figure for the equivalent period of 2011.
News categories: Camcorder, Digital TV, DVD, Games Console, Germany, In-Car, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet
German satellite STB market grows 70% to 1Q 2012
May 23, 2012 – The Q1 2012 CEMIX market report for Germany has been published. Owing to the switch-off of analogue satellite in the country, the number of satellite STBs sold in the first quarter of this year was 2.16 million, up 70% on the same period of 2011.
News categories: GfK, Camcorder, DVD, Games Console, Germany, In-Car, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet
JVC Unveils World's First Handheld 4K Camcorder
Jan 11, 2012 – JVC has announced the GY-HMQ10, the world's first handheld 4K camcorder, which captures, records, and plays video images at four times the resolution of HD TV. Powered by JVC's Falconbrid chip, it delivers real-time 3840x2160 footage at 24p, 50p, or 60p.
News categories: JVC, Camcorder, Digital TV
3D technology to have major impact on camcorder market
Dec 15, 2011 – In October 2011, retail sales data from Germany show that more than 10% of camcorders sold were equipped with 3D ready (with optical conversion lens) or twin lens functionality.
News categories: GfK, Camcorder, Germany, Market Research, VR
Mobile SoC TAM to Exceed 3.1 Billion Devices in 2015
Dec 14, 2011 – In-Stat forecasts that consumer's desire to be connected anywhere and anytime, and to any and every type of content, will push the mobile SoC TAM to over 3.1 billion devices in 2015, up from 2 billion in 2010.
News categories: In-Stat, Camcorder, Games Console, Market Research, Mobile, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Smartphone, Tablet
HDMI-Enabled Product Shipments to Surpass 1 Billion in 2014
Dec 13, 2011 – New In-Stat research forecasts that the number of HDMI-enabled device shipments will surpass 1 billion in 2014, while DVI-enabled shipments will decline by 9.4% annually through 2015.
News categories: In-Stat, Blu-ray, Camcorder, DVD, Games Console, Market Research, Mobile, Optical Disc Recorder, Peripherals / Accessories, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV
DiiVA Consortium Announces Mobile Extensions to the DiiVA Specification
Oct 31, 2011 – The DiiVA™ Consortium has announced the release of the DiiVA 1.1a specification which adds provisions for a standard low pin-count mobile interface targeted at portable devices such as tablets, smartphones, digital cameras and camcorders.
News categories: DiiVA, Camcorder, China, Digital TV, Mobile, MWC19, Portable, Smart Home, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet
Challenging climate for consumer electronics
Aug 31, 2011 – The consumer electronics (CE) market has registered a significant deterioration in the first half of 2011. In the first six months of the year, sales in Western Europe declined by a total of 11.3% in comparison with the same period of the prior year.
News categories: GfK, Blu-ray, Camcorder, DVD, Europe, IFA2019, Market Research, Smart TV
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA