Parade Technologies Enters HDMI®-to-MHL™ Transmitter Chip Market
Sep 4, 2012 – Parade Technologies (Taiwan OTC: 4966.TWO) has announced its entry into the HDMI®-to-MHL™ transmitter IC market. The PS5101 converts 19-wire HDMI video streams into 5-wire MHL (Mobile High-Definition Link) for transmission to external TVs and CE devices.
News categories: Parade Technologies, Camcorder, ICs, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Smartphone, Tablet
4.5 million digital satellite receivers sold in Germany in 1H 2012
Aug 16, 2012 – The Q2 2012 CEMIX Consumer Electronics Market Index report for Germany has been published. The number of satellite set-top boxes sold in the country in the first half of 2012 was 4.5 million, up 91% on the figure for the equivalent period of 2011.
News categories: Camcorder, Digital TV, DVD, Games Console, Germany, In-Car, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet
German satellite STB market grows 70% to 1Q 2012
May 23, 2012 – The Q1 2012 CEMIX market report for Germany has been published. Owing to the switch-off of analogue satellite in the country, the number of satellite STBs sold in the first quarter of this year was 2.16 million, up 70% on the same period of 2011.
News categories: GfK, Camcorder, DVD, Games Console, Germany, In-Car, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet
JVC Unveils World's First Handheld 4K Camcorder
Jan 11, 2012 – JVC has announced the GY-HMQ10, the world's first handheld 4K camcorder, which captures, records, and plays video images at four times the resolution of HD TV. Powered by JVC's Falconbrid chip, it delivers real-time 3840x2160 footage at 24p, 50p, or 60p.
News categories: JVC, Camcorder, Digital TV
3D technology to have major impact on camcorder market
Dec 15, 2011 – In October 2011, retail sales data from Germany show that more than 10% of camcorders sold were equipped with 3D ready (with optical conversion lens) or twin lens functionality.
News categories: GfK, Camcorder, Germany, Market Research, VR
Mobile SoC TAM to Exceed 3.1 Billion Devices in 2015
Dec 14, 2011 – In-Stat forecasts that consumer's desire to be connected anywhere and anytime, and to any and every type of content, will push the mobile SoC TAM to over 3.1 billion devices in 2015, up from 2 billion in 2010.
News categories: In-Stat, Camcorder, Games Console, Market Research, Mobile, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Smartphone, Tablet
HDMI-Enabled Product Shipments to Surpass 1 Billion in 2014
Dec 13, 2011 – New In-Stat research forecasts that the number of HDMI-enabled device shipments will surpass 1 billion in 2014, while DVI-enabled shipments will decline by 9.4% annually through 2015.
News categories: In-Stat, Blu-ray, Camcorder, DVD, Games Console, Market Research, Mobile, Optical Disc Recorder, Peripherals / Accessories, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV
DiiVA Consortium Announces Mobile Extensions to the DiiVA Specification
Oct 31, 2011 – The DiiVA™ Consortium has announced the release of the DiiVA 1.1a specification which adds provisions for a standard low pin-count mobile interface targeted at portable devices such as tablets, smartphones, digital cameras and camcorders.
News categories: DiiVA, Camcorder, China, Digital TV, Mobile, MWC20, Portable, Smart Home, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet
Challenging climate for consumer electronics
Aug 31, 2011 – The consumer electronics (CE) market has registered a significant deterioration in the first half of 2011. In the first six months of the year, sales in Western Europe declined by a total of 11.3% in comparison with the same period of the prior year.
News categories: GfK, Blu-ray, Camcorder, DVD, Europe, IFA2020, Market Research, Smart TV
- COVID-19 will accelerate pay-TV revenue decline in Australia
- Unruly expands brand protection with DoubleVerify
- Zixi integrated into Harmonic's cloud based live streaming platform
- Flynet delivers OTT content with Viaccess-Orca DRM in El Salvador
- SonyLIV added to NetRange Smart TV App Store for India
- Phoenix Model Market adds second TV transmitter
- Interra Systems and BuyDRM integrate monitoring with DRM
- Sky Q adds smart new features
- Netgem acquires French fibre operator Comcable
- Hybrid tool targets viewers who did or did not watch linear TV spot ads
- SETAR deploys Nordija interactive TV platform in Aruba
- BoFiNet enlists Globecast for OTT service creation in Botswana
- fuboTV secures $20m of financing
- Fraunhofer HHI presents H.266/VVC video coding
- SeaChange leadership extends salary reduction plan
- Growth in TV Panel quotes even higher than expected in July
- DNA selects VisualOn media player for Android TV app
- Mobile to provide 40% of SVOD subscriptions
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs