Digital TV News: Alticast
Alticast to spin-off media business into new company
Oct 31, 2019 – Alticast plans to establish a new company (tentatively, 'Altimedia Corporation') by spinning-off its media business targeting Korean cable and EMEA/Asia broadcasting companies, excluding media business targeting KT/Skylife and North American broadcasting.
News categories: Alticast, Korea, MnA, Worldwide
Alticast partners with LowaSIS for ATSC 3.0 devices
Oct 22, 2019 – Alticast has announced that it has formed a partnership with LowaSIS aimed at helping broadcast customers seamlessly make the transition to ATSC 3.0. Alticast’s client-side software will be pre-integrated onto LowaSIS's dongles, set-top-boxes and home-gateways.
News categories: Alticast, LowaSIS, Guy Charbonneau, Yongsuk Kim, ATSC, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
Alticast and Triveni Digital to demo ATSC 3.0 app synced to a TV show at NAB NYC
Oct 14, 2019 – Alticast and Triveni Digital will showcase how their paired solutions are transforming the NextGen TV user experience by delivering an interactive viewing experience based on the capabilities of ATSC 3.0 during NAB NYC.
News categories: Alticast, Triveni Digital, Jae Park, Mark Simpson, Apps, ATSC, Digital TV, NABShow, USA
t-broad uses Alticast cloud technology to enable UX virtualization
May 7, 2019 – Alticast has announced that t-broad has launched Alticast’s cloud-based, user interface (UI) virtualization solution, Apex - Hybrid as part of their next-generation service. This is the first time that an operating partner of Alticast has launch Apex in its hybrid form.
News categories: Alticast, t-broad, Dosa Park, Sukmin Ahn, Cable TV, Digital TV, HTML5, Korea, Set Top Box
Turk Telekom selects Alticast's AltiPlatform-WEB middleware
Apr 29, 2019 – Alticast has announced that Turk Telekom has selected Alticast's AltiPlatform - Web middleware to serve as their next-generation, interactive viewing platform that will enable OTT services and web-based applications.
News categories: Alticast, Turk Telekom, Brian Koo, Umit Onal, Digital TV, HTML5, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Turkey
KCTV selects Alticast to upgrade TV on Korea's JeJu Island
Feb 21, 2019 – Alticast and KCTV JeJu, a South Korean cable operator servicing JeJu Island, have announced that they are to provide KCTV Jeju’s subscribers with an upgraded user experience and deliver in-room entertainment services to large hotel chains on the island.
News categories: Alticast, KCTV JeJu, Dosa Park, Dongwoo Kang, Android TV, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Korea, Middleware, Set Top Box, UX
Kbro chooses Alticast middleware to power upgrade to Android TV
Dec 18, 2018 – Taiwan's Kbro has selected Alticast’s AltiPlatform as the middleware to integrate its existing service infrastructure with Android TV. The upgrade will combine the operator’s traditional cable services with numerous OTT options.
News categories: Alticast, Kbro, Dosa Park, Chipin Chen, Android TV, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Taiwan, UX
Alticast middleware powers STB for SKY in the Philippines
Oct 23, 2018 – Alticast has announced that the Philippines’ largest cable and broadband technology partner, SKY, a subsidiary of ABS-CBN, has selected Alticast products and solutions to deploy their high-end, linux-based SKY On Demand set-top box.
News categories: Alticast, SKY, Dosa Park, Jose Joevel E Rivera, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Philippines, Set Top Box
Alticast, S&T and UniSoft show ATSC 3.0 solution at NAB NYC 2018
Oct 9, 2018 – At NAB NYC 2018, Alticast, S&T and UniSoft will demonstrate how the companies’ combined technologies allow broadcasters and content delivery networks to fully leverage the benefits and monetization potential of the ATSC 3.0 Next Gen TV broadcast standard.
News categories: Alticast, S&T, UniSoft, Jae Park, Adrian Fowkes, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, USA, UX
- Fincons Group joins Deutsche TV-Plattform
- Samba TV taps Oracle Moat to measure viewability of CTV ads
- Amazon Prime Video app added to TiVo devices at Atlantic Broadband
- TekSavvy TV launches Cloud PVR and advanced features
- CJ Hello deploys ATEME transcoding solution
- US: Netflix grabs the most attention, but its reign will be challenged
- AWS compute and storage available at the edge of 5G networks
- FOX selects AWS as its cloud and machine learning provider
- TiVo launches Prime Video App to its U.S. pay-TV operator customers
- KPN integrates Amazon Prime Video into the TV menu
- Vodafone UK offers Apple TV 4K with unlimited broadband and mobile data
- A1 Bulgaria launches advanced TV with Zappware
- Tru Optik and Anzu.io to bring targeting to in-game advertising
- 14.5 million Australians now paying TV subscriptions
- EE hosts 5G-powered multi-location augmented reality gig
- Four-fifths of broadcasters considering personalised ads
- 3Q 2019 TV shipments grow 16.8% QoQ owing to peak season
- Worldwide spending on AR/VR expected to reach $18.8bn in 2020
- 13.7 million EU citizens streaming unauthorised IPTV
- WIND-Hellas launching Cloud Recordings with Zappware