Digital TV News: Arris
NürnbergMesse acquires SCaT India Tradeshow
Jan 21, 2020 – NürnbergMesse is expanding its international portfolio by acquiring the Indian exhibition SCaT India Tradeshow, which has been taking place in Mumbai every year since 1993. The 17 events organised by NürnbergMesse India already include the Broadcast India Show.
News categories: NürnbergMesse, Peter Ottmann, Digital TV, India
Dotscreen to develop Freesat UI on Arris set-top box
Sep 13, 2019 – DOTSCREEN has announced its selection by Freesat as the developer of the operator's User Interface for its next HbbTV compliant set-top box. DOTSCREEN has already been working for Freenet TV in Germany and Fransat in France.
News categories: DOTSCREEN, Freesat, Arris, Chandan Rajah, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, UK, UX
Altice France selects CommScope for SFR Box 8 Smart Media Device
Sep 12, 2019 – Altice France is collaborating with CommScope to bring a personalised connected home experience to its SFR subscribers. Altice’s SFR Box 8 Smart Media Device represents the next phase of customer experience engagement as it aggregates services that consumers love.
News categories: CommScope, SFR, Altice France, Joe Chow, Grégory Rabuel, Digital TV, France, IBCShowcase, IPTV, Set Top Box, UX
ARRIS and TDS Telecom to deploy Android TV STB
Jul 29, 2019 – ARRIS and TDS Telecom have announced plans to deploy an Android TV set-top for the TDS Cloud TV Platform called TDS TV+. TDS plans to launch the cloud-based, IP video delivered solution later this year, beginning in its cable footprint in central Oregon.
News categories: ARRIS, TDS Telecom, Larry Robinson, Ken Paker, Android TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, USA, UX
Over 50 million RDK device deployments
Jun 5, 2019 – At ANGA COM 2019, RDK Management shared details about the adoption of RDK open source software used to power customer-premises equipment from video and broadband services providers worldwide. The number of RDK devices deployed is now over 50 million.
News categories: RDK Management, Steve Heeb, ANGA COM, Digital TV, Gateway, Market Research, Middleware, Worldwide
HbbTV Association adds seven new members
May 16, 2019 – The HbbTV Association has announced that seven new companies (ARRIS, Irdeto, DATV, Enensys, Fluendo, Samba TV and SmarDTV) have joined the industry association in the past six months.
News categories: HbbTV Association, Vincent Grivet, Digital TV, HbbTV, Worldwide
RDK development platform combines ARRIS STB and Metrological App Store
Apr 8, 2019 – ARRIS has announced the availability of the RDK Lab Accelerator. The Accelerator is based on the ARRIS VIP5202W UHD IP set-top and provides the RDK community with a development platform that uses the latest RDK application framework and pre-integrated Metrological App Store.
News categories: CommScope, RDK Management, Metrological, Larry Robinson, Steve Heeb, Apps, Digital TV, RDK, Set Top Box, USA, Worldwide
ARRIS powers satellite distribution for AMC Networks
Apr 2, 2019 – ARRIS International (NASDAQ: ARRS) has announced that AMC Networks has selected ARRIS for video compression and transcoding. The ARRIS platform will serve as a foundation for AMC Networks' satellite distribution architecture of the future.
News categories: ARRIS International, AMC Networks, Dan Whalen, Steve Pontillo, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Satellite, USA
CommScope to acquire ARRIS
Nov 8, 2018 – CommScope (NASDAQ: COMM) has agreed to acquire ARRIS International (NASDAQ: ARRS) in an all-cash transaction for $31.75 per share, or a total purchase price of approximately $7.4 billion, including the repayment of debt.
News categories: CommScope, ARRIS International, Eddie Edwards, Bruce McClelland, Content Distribution, CPE, Digital TV, Gateway, MnA, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- HBO Max to expand into Latin America and Europe in 2H 2021
- SpotX releases 2021 video advertising trends report
- Comscore and MediaMath offer programmatic contextual ad targeting
- NetRange cloud app portal selected by itel for new Smart TVs
- Vewd integrates support for BML and Hybridcast
- Nordic streaming market approaching 14 million subscriptions
- Discovery announces global launch of discovery+
- VUALTO DRM selected to protect France Télévisions' AV content
- FreeWheel and NBCUniversal automate linear ad decisioning
- Deltatre AXIS to power BritBox for a further five years
- Zappware enables WIND VISION on PCs in Greece
- InterDigital and Futuresource release video sustainability report
- Local broadcasters collaborate to launch NextGen TV in Florida
- Highest ever Samsung Smart TV sales in 3Q 2020
- Orange France delivers targeted ads with SoftAtHome video player
- Velocix unveils cloud-native video personalisation service
- DIRECTV GO now available in Brazil
- VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
- Inverto first with EICS TV distribution equipment certification
- XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5