Digital TV News: EBS
Dedicated Ethiopian TV neighbourhood created on NSS-12 at 57°E
Jul 9, 2019 – SES and the Association of Ethiopian Broadcasters (AEB), and the Ethiopian Broadcasting Cooperation (EBC) have signed an agreement that will result in the creation of a dedicated Ethiopian TV neighbourhood on SES's NSS-12 satellite at 57°E.
News categories: SES S.A, Association of Ethiopian Broadcasters, Ethiopian Broadcasting Corporation, Ferdinand Kayser, Amman Fissehazion, Belete Esubalew Gemberie, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Ethiopia, Satellite
EBS provides scheduling information and EPG metadata for UKTV
May 20, 2019 – EBS has announced a supply deal with UKTV for UKTV's full portfolio of channels. EBS now provides scheduling information and EPG metadata for UKTV operations on the Sky, Freeview, and Freesat platforms via its scheduling software, Pawa.
News categories: EBS, UKTV, Keith Bedford, Dave Maynard, Big Data, Digital TV, UK
EBS signs metadata deal with UK's ITV
Aug 24, 2017 – EBS agreed a deal with ITV to provide EPG metadata services for ITV’s portfolio of UK channels. Services supplied to ITV include: EPG data, press listings, image-led weekly and seasonal highlights and extensive editorial services.
News categories: EBS, ITV, Keith Bedford, Ian Cottrell, Big Data, Digital TV, UK
EBS wins EPG contract with Viasat World
Feb 15, 2017 – EBS has announced a contract with Viasat World. The EBS scheduling system, Pawa, will provide Viasat World’s portfolio of operators and partners with localised press listings, highlights and EPGs as well as images and metadata.
News categories: EBS, Viasat World, Keith Bedford, Karin Heijink, Big Data, Digital TV, Worldwide
EBS to supply EPG data for Africa's Kwesé TV
Feb 7, 2017 – EBS has announced that it has added Econet Media’s Kwesé TV platform to its portfolio of clients. The partnership enables Kwesé TV to deliver enriched metadata and images for every programme via EBS’ EPG and metadata management application.
News categories: EBS, Econet, Keith Bedford, Joseph Hundah, Africa, Big Data, Digital TV, Ghana, Rwanda, Satellite, Zambia
EBS enables EPG data for DVBLogic NAS PVR and recommendation engine
Dec 11, 2014 – EBS has announced that DVBLogic is including EBS’ Pawa listings data as part of its new DVBLink software release, which includes TV Adviser, a recommendation engine. DVBLink enables a NAS device to be turned into a PVR.
News categories: EBS, DVBLogic, Keith Bedford, Pavlo Barvinko, Digital TV, DVR, Middleware, UK
dotTV Consortium to Demonstrate Next Generation Digital Television Service at NAB
Apr 9, 2008 – The dotTV Consortium, whose mission is to develop and promote specifications for the next-generation digital TV service, will demonstrate its service at NAB in Las Vegas.
News categories: dotTV Consortium, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVR, Middleware, NABShow, OTT, Placeshifting, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV
Major Consumer Electronics, Technology and Broadcast Companies Announce the Formation of dotTV Consortium
Jan 7, 2008 – A group of major consumer electronics, technology and broadcast companies have announced the formation of dotTV, an industry consortium whose mission is to build a next-generation interactive TV viewing experience leveraging social networking and online video to engage viewers.
News categories: dotTV, Digital TV, DVR, Korea, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV
hanarotelecom Posts 200,000 Subscribers for hanaTV
Jan 4, 2007 – hanarotelecom (KOSDAQ: 033630) (NASDAQ: HANA) has announced that it achieved 200,000 subscriber sign-ups for hanaTV, a TV-Portal service that enables subscribers to watch any content they want on TV at their convenience.
News categories: Hanaro, Digital TV, IPTV, Korea, Subscribers
- Roku launches The Roku Channel in the UK
- Verimatrix integrates server-side watermarking with Akamai
- HbbTV releases HbbTV Conformance Test Suite v2020-1
- 10 million more digital pay TV subscribers for Eastern Europe by 2025
- BritBox app launches on LG Smart TVs
- Contentos integrates Theta Network decentralized video delivery for COS.tv
- SeaChange selected by Midco to monetize video streaming service
- Apptopia and Braze release state of streaming industry report
- Edge Networks announces 'Evoca' ATSC 3.0 pay TV service
- Allegro DVT releases AL-D21x video decoder IP family with AV1 support
- Nielsen and Sinclair Broadcast announce multi-year renewal
- Verimatrix introduces DRM for video protection between devices
- Deltatre unveils SaaS platform for real-time, data-driven UX decisions
- Omdia cuts 2020 TV shipment forecast by 10 percentage points
- Comscore research shows continuing surge in U.S. daytime TV viewing
- FCC proposed rule change to support ATSC 3.0 distributed transmission
- VideoAmp creates combined Smart TV and STB viewing dataset for the U.S.
- Roku OS 9.3 begins roll-out
- Italian local re-broadcaster RAS goes live with Synamedia virtualized DCM
- Altice Europe terminates discussions on acquisition of Partner Communications