Digital TV News: Singtel
Singtel puts HOOQ into liquidation
Mar 27, 2020 – Singtel has announced that HOOQ Digital, a joint venture company in which Singtel has an indirect 76.5% effective interest, has commenced a creditors’ voluntary liquidation and has appointed provisional liquidators.
News categories: HOOQ, Singtel, Asia, Digital TV, Finance, OTT
iQIYI to launch service experience Testing Stations across Asia
Mar 25, 2020 – iQIYI (NASDAQ: IQ) is rolling-out Testing Stations to provide data on the experience of its service on different devices and networks. The first started in Singapore at the end of 2019. Similar stations are planned for Thailand, Vietnam, the Philippines and Indonesia.
News categories: iQIYI, Ye Tao, Digital TV, Indonesia, OTT, Philippines, QoE, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam
Singtel TV subscribers up 1,100 in 2Q 2019
Aug 8, 2019 – Singtel has reported results for its first quarter, ended 30 June 2019. In Singapore, pay-TV customers increased by 1,100 on a sequential quarter basis to finish the period at 382,000.
News categories: Singtel, Digital TV, IPTV, Results, Singapore, Subscribers
Over 100 million monthly active users for ThinkAnalytics' cloud content discovery
Jul 9, 2019 – ThinkAnalytics has announced that its cloud-based personalized content discovery platform is the first in the industry to scale to over 100 million monthly active users in the cloud. Four of the firm’s OTT customers now have a combined user base that exceeds that number.
News categories: ThinkAnalytics, Peter Docherty, Big Data, Digital TV, UX, Worldwide
HOOQ selects Brightcove to power live and on-demand video streaming
Jun 23, 2019 – Brightcove (NASDAQ: BCOV) has announced that HOOQ has selected the Brightcove Video Platform as the underlying streaming solution to power its live and video-on-demand service to subscribers across Singapore, Indonesia, Thailand, Philippines, and India.
News categories: Brightcove, HOOQ, Sara Larsen, Michael Fleishman, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, Indonesia, OTT, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand
Singtel, Optus, Ericsson and OPPO make 5G AR call between Singapore and Australia
Feb 22, 2019 – Singtel, Optus and Ericsson have made a 5G video call with Augmented Reality (AR) between Singapore and Australia. Made with OPPO 5G test devices, the call marks the latest 5G highlight for Singtel, Optus, Ericsson and OPPO.
News categories: Singtel, Optus, Ericsson, OPPO, Mark Chong, Allen Lew, Martin Wiktorin, Peter Huang, 5G, Australia, Digital TV, Singapore, VR
45% of Thai consumers use pirated TV boxes
Nov 14, 2018 – In a recent study, commissioned by the Asia Video Industry Association's Coalition Against Piracy, into the content viewing behaviour of Thai consumers, it was revealed that 45% of consumers use a TV box which can be used to stream pirated television and video content.
News categories: Asia Video Industry Association, True Visions, Neil Gane, Sompan Charumilinda, Content Protection, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, Thailand
Nearly one in four Hong Kong consumers use pirated TV boxes
Jun 25, 2018 – In a newly released Casbaa survey of the content viewing behaviour of Hong Kong consumers, it was revealed that close to one in four consumers (24%) use a TV box which can be used to stream pirated television and video content.
News categories: Casbaa, Neil Gane, Louis Boswell, Content Protection, Digital TV, Hong Kong, OTT
Sofia Digital makes possible Smart TV app for Malaysia's tonton
Jun 7, 2018 – A Smart TV app for Malaysian OTT service provider tonton has been developed by Sofia Digital. The company delivered a turnkey service which included development, integration, and certification of each TV-vendor Appstore submission process.
News categories: Sofia Digital, tonton, Mika Kanerva, Airin Zainu, Apps, Digital TV, Malaysia, OTT, Smart TV
- Omdia cuts 2020 TV shipment forecast by 10 percentage points
- Comscore research shows continuing surge in U.S. daytime TV viewing
- VideoAmp creates combined Smart TV and STB viewing dataset for the U.S.
- Roku OS 9.3 begins roll-out
- Italian local re-broadcaster RAS goes live with Synamedia virtualized DCM
- Altice Europe terminates discussions on acquisition of Partner Communications
- Asia Pacific set for 417 million SVOD subscribers
- Comscore sees notable rise in U.S. streaming usage
- Movies Anywhere app comes to LG Smart TVs
- Singtel puts HOOQ into liquidation
- COVID-19 pandemic to reduce global TV brand shipments by 5.8% in 2020
- Six million viewers for Italy's tivùsat
- Wicket Labs adds $1.9m of extra funding
- NENT Group to launch Viaplay in Iceland on April 1st
- TV antenna usage in US broadband households up 25% in 2019
- Coronavirus expected to add 5% to global VOD subscriptions in 2020
- COVID-19 response to bolster cloud gaming revenues
- iQIYI to launch service experience Testing Stations across Asia
- Switch Media's server-side ad insertion integrated with SpringServe's ad platform
- Verimatrix VCAS pre-integrated with Broadcom's Android TV platform