Digital TV News: TeleAnalytics
Q2-09 was a Record-Setting Mobile TV Quarter
Oct 28, 2009 – Issue No. 10 of the quarterly TeleAnalytics Mobile TV Tracking Service (TMTS) quantitatively substantiates the position taken back in Q3-08 that the worldwide Mobile TV adoption/sales would not be much upset by the financial crisis.
News categories: TeleAnalytics, 5G, Brazil, China, Digital TV, Europe, ISDB-T, Japan, Korea, Market Research, Mobile, Russia, SBTVD, USA
FLO TV Unveils its New Digital Handheld Television
Oct 6, 2009 – FLO TV (Nasdaq: QCOM) has unveiled the FLO TV Personal Television - an entirely new dedicated device that will let TV lovers watch news, live sports, children's programming and entertainment on a dedicated device for mobile TV viewing.
News categories: FLO TV, Digital TV, Mobile, Portable, Smart TV, USA
Mobile TV Device Volumes Will Not Decline in 2009
Jul 23, 2009 – TeleAnalytics has calculated that the end-2009 Mobile TV user count will be in the 80.8 million to 81.9 million range. Mobile TV device sales will at worst remain flat, but an increase of up to 2% may be witnessed with respect to the 2008 sales total.
News categories: TeleAnalytics, Brazil, China, Digital TV, Europe, Japan, Korea, Market Research, Mobile, Smart TV, Subscribers, USA
From 26.3 Million Mobile TV Users in 2007 to 51.6 Million at the End of 2008
Sep 4, 2008 – On the basis of monthly adoption data for all commercial broadcast Mobile TV networks, Issue No 5 of the quarterly TeleAnalytics Mobile TV Tracking Service calculates that the end 2008 Mobile TV user count will be 51.6 million.
News categories: TeleAnalytics, Austria, Brazil, China, Digital TV, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Korea, Market Research, Mobile, Netherlands, Peripherals / Accessories, Smart TV, Subscribers, Switzerland, USA
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs
- HEVC Advance royalty rates to remain at current levels
- Alphonso signs ACR distribution deals with Seiki and Skyworth
- THEO Technologies and Synamedia form HESP Alliance
- U.S. consumers spend nearly seven hours per week watching online video
- NEXTGEN TV launches at four TV stations in Salt Lake City
- FCC designates Huawei and ZTE as national security threats
- STARZPLAY available from UPC Switzerland
- Verizon Media launches TV tune-in attribution with Inscape
- Eros Now partners with Dish TV India
- NexGuard watermarking integrated into AWS Elemental MediaConvert
- TRAI reports pay TV numbers for India at end-2019
- Altibox takes Verimatrix security into the Cloud
- Consolidated Communications introduces CCiTV in Texas
- Brat TV chooses Amagi to expand streaming TV footprint
- Churn rate for U.S. OTT services at 41% in Q1 2020
- Origin Broadband launches Origin TV in the UK with Netgem
- Mobile operators to generate 170 million SVOD subscribers
- NLogic and TVbeat bring holistic TV ad management to Canada
- Netflix, Hulu user numbers fell as COVID-19 measures were relaxed