Digital TV News: Tribe
NAGRA and Ampere Analysis identify pay TV consumer types
Nov 14, 2017 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S), in partnership with Ampere Analysis, has released 'Television Tribes,' a study that reveals the new reality of pay-TV consumer viewing types and outlines how operators can unlock new revenue opportunities by catering to their complex needs.
News categories: NAGRA, Ampere Analysis, Ivan Verbesselt, Guy Bisson, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
Vimeo helps power two Lionsgate OTT offerings
Sep 6, 2017 – Vimeo has announced that its video technology will help power two of Lionsgate’s over-the-top (OTT) offerings, the Laugh Out Loud comedy service and the Tribeca Shortlist streaming service for movie lovers.
News categories: Vimeo, Lionsgate, Kathleen Barrett, Julie Uhrman, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Tribe achieves 1 million downloads in Indonesia and the Philippines
Mar 24, 2017 – Tribe, the Astro Malaysia owned online video streaming service, is celebrating its first anniversary with a new milestone - 1 million downloads across Indonesia and the Philippines, an impressive feat amidst fierce competition in the video OTT space.
News categories: Tribe, Astro Malaysia, Iskandar Samad, Apps, Digital TV, Indonesia, Market Research, OTT, Philippines
NeuLion and Insight TV form Ultra HD entertainment partnership
Dec 22, 2016 – NeuLion (TSX: NLN) has announced a partnership with global Ultra HD channel INsight TV, to launch an OTT Ultra HD Entertainment platform with native Ultra HD digital content powered by the NeuLion Digital Platform.
News categories: NeuLion, Insight TV, Roy Reichbach, Rian Bester, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
GLOBE to offer ASTRO's Tribe OTT in the Philippines
Apr 28, 2016 – Astro Malaysia and GLOBE Telecom have agreed to work together to offer Tribe over-the-top (OTT) video services in the Philippines. Both parties will also collaborate on content opportunities.
News categories: GLOBE Telecom, Astro Malaysia, Albert de Larrazabal, Digital TV, OTT, Philippines
Astro launches Tribe OTT video service in Indonesia
Mar 18, 2016 – Astro Malaysia has announced the launch of Tribe, a differentiated OTT video service for the region. Astro partnered with Axiata Digital Services for the first launch of the service, in Indonesia.
News categories: Astro Malaysia, Tribe, Axiata Digital Services, Dato' Rohana Rozhan, Iskandar Samad, Digital TV, Indonesia, OTT
Amazon announces Streaming Partners Program
Dec 8, 2015 – Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) has launched its Streaming Partners Program, an over-the-top streaming subscription program for video providers that enables them to reach tens of millions of Prime members.
News categories: Amazon, Showtime Networks, Starz, Michael Paull, David Nevins, Chris Albrecht, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, USA, Worldwide
Industry Leaders Announce Open Platform for Mobile Devices
Nov 5, 2007 – A broad alliance of leading technology and wireless companies today joined forces to announce the development of Android, the first truly open and comprehensive platform for mobile devices.
News categories: Open Handset Alliance, Android Video Demo, Middleware, Mobile, Software
More Rural Telcos Sign on to IP-PRIME
Oct 24, 2007 – Bob Phillips, president and chief executive officer of the National Rural Telecommunications Cooperative (NRTC) has announced that more rural telcos are adopting the innovative and cost-effective, end-to-end IPTV service, IP-PRIME®.
News categories: IP-PRIME, National Telecommunications Cooperative Association, National Rural Telecommunications Cooperative, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite, USA
- EnTouch Systems joins RCN, Grande, Wave group
- Disney+ available directly on VIZIO SmartCast TVs
- Sandvine releases 2020 Mobile Internet Phenomena report
- Comscore announces renewal with CBS TV stations
- TVSquared releases pan-European TV advertising performance analysis
- Imagine Communications agrees ad insertion deal with the NCTC
- Cello launches Freeview Play Smart TV with Alexa in UK
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 194,000 in 4Q 2019
- One third of Taiwanese online consumers have accessed TV piracy sites
- Redbox launch Redbox Free Live TV across the U.S.
- Cisco releases Annual Internet Report
- Pixelworks and Qualcomm integrate Live Local TV with 5G broadband
- Kantar to measure TV audiences for MINTIC in Colombia
- NCTC to offer discounted Amazon Fire TV devices to members
- Viu reaches 41.4 million monthly active users
- Roku ends 2019 with 36.9 million active accounts
- Online viewing continues to gain ground on traditional broadcast TV
- Vianeos provides revamped UX for Batelco TV in Bahrain
- VUALTO partners with ATEME for automated encoder integration
- STV selects Arqiva Hybrid TV Service for HD restart feature