Digital TV News: VimpelCom
Kaltura releases updated Cloud TV Platform SDK
Feb 21, 2019 – Kaltura has released a new version of its Cloud TV Platform SDK. The SDK now includes playback optimization for mobile viewing, HEVC support, real-time analytics, plus advertising integrations such as Facebook Audience Network (FAN).
News categories: Kaltura, Dr. Shay David, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Media Player, Mobile, OTT
Kaltura powers Beeline TV Everywhere service
Sep 12, 2018 – Kaltura has revealed that its Kaltura TV Platform is powering the newly-launched Beeline TV service from VimpelCom in Russia. The Kaltura TV Platform gives VimpelCom the technology to replace its legacy pay TV service and reach more devices and customers.
News categories: Kaltura, VimpelCom, Dr. Shay David, George Held, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Russia
VimpelCom becomes VEON and launches OTT platform
Feb 27, 2017 – VimpelCom (NASDAQ: VIP) is re-branding as VEON as it reinvents itself as a global tech company and brings a revolutionary Internet mobile platform to hundreds of millions of customers.
News categories: VimpelCom, Big Data, Digital TV, MWC19, OTT, Worldwide
Kyivstar launches IPTV across its FTTB network in Ukraine
Nov 24, 2015 – Kyivstar has announced the availability of its 'Home TV' IPTV service across the entirety of its FTTB network in Ukraine. The company had been testing Home TV in the cities of Krivoy Rog (Kryvyi Rih) and Zhytomyr before the launch.
News categories: Kyivstar, Digital TV, Fibre, IPTV, Ukraine
Telenor reports third-quarter 2015 results
Oct 28, 2015 – Telenor has reported third-quarter 2015 results. Fibre and cable TV subscribers decreased 8,000 in the quarter to remain at just over one million for Norway and Sweden combined. Canal Digital DTH subscribers declined by 2,000 to finish at 900,000.
News categories: Telenor, Cable TV, Denmark, Finland, IPTV, Norway, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, Sweden
Fixed broadband subscribers to approach 1 billion in 2019
Apr 9, 2015 – According to Infonetics Research (NYSE: IHS) fixed broadband subscribers grew 8% in 2014, reaching 733 million as service providers continue to steadily add subscribers. Subscriber growth is being driven by FTTH and DOCSIS 3.0.
News categories: Infonetics, Jeff Heynen, Broadband, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Subscribers, Worldwide
Beeline adds catch-up TV in Moscow
Oct 31, 2014 – VimpelCom, which operates under the Beeline brand in Russia, has announced that it is now offering a catch-up TV service in the Moscow region. Starting on November 1st, the service allows customer to watch programmes broadcast over the previous 48 hours.
News categories: VimpelCom, Beeline, Digital TV, IPTV, Russia
Subscriber numbers to fall for 40 of Europe's Pay TV operators
Oct 8, 2014 – A report from Digital TV Research forecasts that subscriber numbers will fall for 40 of Europe's pay TV operators between 2013 and 2020.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Cable TV, Digital TV, Digital TV Research Reports, Europe, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Russia's pay TV to grow to 45.3 million subscribers in 2018
Sep 24, 2014 – J'son & Partners Consulting has released figures for pay TV in Russia to the end of the first half of 2014 with forecasts of the market's development to 2018.
News categories: J'son & Partners, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Russia, Satellite, Subscribers
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA
- ANA and Innovid release Connected TV insights report
- Insight TV taps Amagi for OTT channel distribution
- Cincinnati Bell, Hawaiian Telcom partner with YouTube TV