Digital TV News: Vivante
Broadcom adopts VeriSilicon’s AI processor IP for next-gen STB SoCs
Jan 8, 2019 – VeriSilicon has announced that Broadcom has selected its Vivante VIP8000/VIPNano family of Artificial Intelligence (AI) Processor IP for use in their next generation Set-top Box system-on-chip (SoC).
News categories: VeriSilicon, Broadcom, Weijin Dai, Rich Nelson, CES2021, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Smart Home, Worldwide
Swisscom offers Marvell-based Ultra HD Android IPTV STBs
Sep 16, 2015 – Marvell (NASDAQ:MRVL) has expanded its partnership with Swisscom to launch a new line of Ultra HD (UHD) Android IPTV set-top boxes (STBs) powered by Marvell's ARMADA 1500 Ultra (88DE3218) system-on-chip (SoC).
News categories: Marvell, Swisscom, Weili Dai, Peter Fregelius, Android TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Switzerland
Marvell announces SoC platform for 4K entertainment and gaming
Apr 27, 2015 – Marvell (NASDAQ: MRVL) has announced its ARMADA 1500 Ultra (88DE3218) SoC, designed to enable Pay TV operators and STB manufacturers to deliver small form factor devices with 4K entertainment and gaming to their subscribers.
News categories: Marvell, Verimatrix, Weili Dai, Petr Peterka, Digital TV, ICs, OTT, Set Top Box, Video Exchange, Worldwide
Marvell adds 4K UltraHD SoC to ARMADA 1500 family
Sep 10, 2014 – Marvell (NASDAQ: MRVL) has announced that it has extended its ARMADA 1500 family of SoCs. The ARMADA 1500 PRO features an Ultra HD-capable video processor, 12K DMIPs quad-core ARM CPU, Verimatrix security and 3D graphics.
News categories: Marvell, Weili Dai, Petr Peterka, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Marvell launches quad-core ARMADA 1500 PRO Smart TV platform
Jan 7, 2014 – Marvell (NASDAQ: MRVL) has unveiled the ARMADA® 1500 PRO (88DE3114) a quad-core platform optimized to support Google services for Smart TV and IP-hybrid service security from Verimatrix.
News categories: Marvell, Verimatrix, Weili Dai, Petr Peterka, CES2021, Digital TV, DRM, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Vivante GPU Powers Leading Smart TV Platforms
Jan 11, 2012 – Vivante has announced that it has been selected to power the Marvell® (NASDAQ: MRVL) ARMADA® 1500 Media SoC. Products showcasing the ARMADA 1500 can be seen in the Marvell booth at CES in the Las Vegas Convention Center.
News categories: Vivante, Marvell, CES2021, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Smart TV
Mobile SoC TAM to Exceed 3.1 Billion Devices in 2015
Dec 14, 2011 – In-Stat forecasts that consumer's desire to be connected anywhere and anytime, and to any and every type of content, will push the mobile SoC TAM to over 3.1 billion devices in 2015, up from 2 billion in 2010.
News categories: In-Stat, Camcorder, Gaming, Market Research, Mobile, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Smartphone, Tablet
Vivante Momentum Continues in the GPU Market with 40 Licensees
Dec 28, 2010 – Vivante has announced that the company has marked major milestones in 2010. The product milestones include a cumulative 40 companies licensing Vivante GPU cores; and multiple customers having integrated Vivante's GPUs into products launching in 2011.
News categories: Vivante, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
- Skyworth and 3SS create Netflix-ready Android TV platform
- European Connected TV Initiative to explore advertising opportunities
- Promwad offers videoconferencing and 'watch party' solution for TV
- Phoenix Model Market gets ATSC 3.0 Single Frequency Network
- Magenta Telekom deploys Whip Media Content Value Management platform
- Pay-TV revenue in Philippines to grow at 4.0% CAGR over next five years
- Israel’s RGE chooses Kaltura to power Kids Cloud TV service
- Over 40% of video consumption hours now on mobile for U.S. Gen Z
- T-Mobile USA launches TV bundles and Android TV STB
- TenTime uses NexPlayer to launch Arabic SVOD service
- MCTV selects MOBITV for advanced TV services
- Wiztivi's UI product now RDK compatible
- HbbTV 2.0.3 specification published
- Humax introduces RDK-based voice assistant set-top box
- RDK4 software stack for video service providers released
- Jump and Float Left offer data-driven solution for OTT personalization
- TV5MONDEplus launches globally with Red Bee and Dotscreen
- Netflix loses subscribers in Sweden
- Comscore announces advancements in cross-screen media measurement
- Spain's video entertainment market to grow to €4.5 Billion by 2024