Digital TV News: Dataxis
TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
Sep 17, 2019 – According to Dataxis, among the 215 million households in the region, around 102 million have access to TV in 2018. Even though the penetration is progressing, TV has not yet fully penetrated into sub-Saharan African homes.
News categories: Dataxis, Africa, Digital TV, Market Research
European pay TV revenues up 19% since 2014
Aug 28, 2019 – According to Dataxis, from Q1 2014 to Q1 2019, the total subscription revenues of the direct Pay-TV market in Europe has increased by 19%, reaching 8.9 billion euros in Q1 2019. DTH remains the leading technology.
News categories: Dataxis, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite, Terrestrial
European pay TV to gain 17.7 million subscribers between 2019 and 2023
Jul 12, 2019 – According to Dataxis, the European pay TV market is expected to gain 17.7 million subscribers between 2019 and 2023, reaching 230 million subscribers at the end of the period. The growth will be driven by IPTV and OTT.
News categories: Dataxis, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV, OTT, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial
U.S. vMVPD subscriber growth plateaued in Q4 2018
Apr 25, 2019 – According to Dataxis, Virtual Multichannel Video Programming Distributor (vMVPD) subscriber growth plateaued in the U.S. in Q4 2018. AT&T's DirecTV NOW lost 267,000 subscribers in the quarter, whereas other services experienced a subscription slowdown.
News categories: Dataxis, Digital TV, OTT, Subscribers, USA
Latin America SVOD OTT subscribers reach 21 million in Q3 2018
Mar 11, 2019 – According to Dataxis, in Q3 2018 Latin America passed 21 million subscribers to a Video on Demand OTT (SVOD) service. During 2018, Netflix consolidated its dominant position in the Latin American SVOD market.
News categories: Dataxis, Carlos Blanco, Digital TV, Latin America, Market Research, OTT
Worldwide 4K STB installed base hits 31 million units in 2017
Sep 20, 2018 – According to Dataxis, the global installed base for 4K Set-top Boxes grew to 31 million units at the end of 2017, compared to only 3 million units in 2015. Operators around the world are deploying more and more 4K boxes, which is reflected in the global numbers.
News categories: Dataxis, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Worldwide
52.5 million pay TV subs for European former USSR countries in 1Q 2018
Jul 17, 2018 – According to Dataxis, Pay-TV subscriptions in former European USSR countries reached 53.2m in the first quarter of 2018, a 3% YoY growth. In line with global trends, cable TV is declining in all countries of the region (-2% YoY).
News categories: Dataxis, Armenia, Belarus, Cable TV, Digital TV, Estonia, Georgia, IPTV, Latvia, Lithuania, Market Research, Moldova, Russia, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial, Ukraine
Pay TV subscribers in Latin America reached 71.4 million in Q1 2018
Jul 16, 2018 – According to Dataxis, there were 71.4 million pay TV subscribers in Latin America at end-Q1 2018, a drop of around 0.1% compared to the end of 2017. Venezuela, Brazil and Mexico were the markets recording the highest subscriber losses.
News categories: Dataxis, Digital TV, Latin America, Market Research, Subscribers
Latin America to reach 91.1 million fixed broadband accesses in 2023
Jul 6, 2018 – Dataxis' latest research has revealed that almost 20 million new broadband accesses will be added in Latin America over the next five years. Consequently, the penetration of the service in 2023 will reach 46% of households.
News categories: Dataxis, Broadband, Latin America, Market Research
- Contentos integrates Theta Network decentralized video delivery for COS.tv
- SeaChange selected by Midco to monetize video streaming service
- Apptopia and Braze release state of streaming industry report
- Edge Networks announces 'Evoca' ATSC 3.0 pay TV service
- Allegro DVT releases AL-D21x video decoder IP family with AV1 support
- Nielsen and Sinclair Broadcast announce multi-year renewal
- Verimatrix introduces DRM for video protection between devices
- Deltatre unveils SaaS platform for real-time, data-driven UX decisions
- Omdia cuts 2020 TV shipment forecast by 10 percentage points
- Comscore research shows continuing surge in U.S. daytime TV viewing
- FCC proposed rule change to support ATSC 3.0 distributed transmission
- VideoAmp creates combined Smart TV and STB viewing dataset for the U.S.
- Roku OS 9.3 begins roll-out
- Italian local re-broadcaster RAS goes live with Synamedia virtualized DCM
- Altice Europe terminates discussions on acquisition of Partner Communications
- Asia Pacific set for 417 million SVOD subscribers
- Velocix introduces CDN software for 5G video streaming
- Comscore sees notable rise in U.S. streaming usage
- Movies Anywhere app comes to LG Smart TVs
- Singtel puts HOOQ into liquidation