Digital TV News: JVC
Four TV partners join Freeview Play platform
Nov 22, 2016 – Freeview has announced that Freeview Play, the subscription-free catch-up and on-demand TV service will launch on Blaupunkt, Hisense, Sharp AQUOS, and Toshiba devices in the coming months. Freeview Play is the most widely adopted service for catch-up TV in the UK.
News categories: Freeview Play, Digital UK, Hisense, Guy North, Jonathan Thompson, Howard Grindrod, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV, UK
Freeview Play spec adds HEVC and Ultra HD via broadband
Sep 23, 2016 – Digital UK has published an updated technical specification for Freeview Play, setting out new features and requirements for products developed during 2017. Freeview Play combines live television with catch-up TV and on-demand services, making it easy for viewers to watch what they want, when they want.
News categories: Digital UK, James Jackson, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UK
MPEG LA expands HEVC license coverage
Mar 19, 2015 – MPEG LA has announced that the coverage of its HEVC Patent Portfolio License has been updated to conform with recent revisions to the HEVC standard as defined in Recommendation ITU-T H.265 v2 (10/2014).
News categories: MPEG LA, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Worldwide
MPEG LA offers HEVC patent portfolio license
Sep 29, 2014 – MPEG LA has announced the availability of the HEVC Patent Portfolio License. The joint license includes patents that are essential to the High Efficiency Video Coding standard (HEVC, also known as H.265 and MPEG-H Part 2).
News categories: MPEG LA, Larry Horn, Bill Geary, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Games Console, Licensing, Patent, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
MPEG LA announces license terms for HEVC
Jan 17, 2014 – MPEG LA has announced that a group of 25 companies have agreed on HEVC license terms expected to issue as part of an HEVC Patent Portfolio License in early 2014. Final agreements are yet to be concluded.
News categories: MPEG LA, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Licensing, OTT, Patent, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, Worldwide
JVC Unveils World's First Handheld 4K Camcorder
Jan 11, 2012 – JVC has announced the GY-HMQ10, the world's first handheld 4K camcorder, which captures, records, and plays video images at four times the resolution of HD TV. Powered by JVC's Falconbrid chip, it delivers real-time 3840x2160 footage at 24p, 50p, or 60p.
News categories: JVC, Camcorder, Digital TV
DLNA Sees Surge in Certified Blu-ray™ Players
Jul 27, 2010 – The Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) has announced that the number of DLNA Certified® Blu-ray™ players has nearly doubled in 2010, bringing the total to 105.
News categories: Digital Living Network Alliance, Blu-ray, Market Research, Smart Home
Zoran Reports Fourth Quarter and Year End 2009 Results
Jan 25, 2010 – Zoran (NASDAQ:ZRAN) has reported results for its fourth quarter and year ended December 31, 2009. Revenues for the fourth quarter were $93.3 million, compared to $115.5 million last quarter and $74.7 million for the fourth quarter of 2008.
News categories: Zoran, DVD, Results, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
CEA Advances Mobile DTV Through Plugfest
Dec 10, 2009 – The Consumer Electronics Association (CEA)® has completed hosting the first ever ATSC Mobile DTV Plugfest. The Plugfest utilized four independently developed transmission systems, 12 receiver systems, and four software vendors.
News categories: Consumer Electronics Association, CES2020, Content Distribution, Middleware, Mobile, USA
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA