Digital TV News: JVC
MPEG LA offers HEVC patent portfolio license
Sep 29, 2014 – MPEG LA has announced the availability of the HEVC Patent Portfolio License. The joint license includes patents that are essential to the High Efficiency Video Coding standard (HEVC, also known as H.265 and MPEG-H Part 2).
News categories: MPEG LA, Larry Horn, Bill Geary, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Games Console, Licensing, Patent, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
MPEG LA announces license terms for HEVC
Jan 17, 2014 – MPEG LA has announced that a group of 25 companies have agreed on HEVC license terms expected to issue as part of an HEVC Patent Portfolio License in early 2014. Final agreements are yet to be concluded.
News categories: MPEG LA, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Licensing, OTT, Patent, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, Worldwide
JVC Unveils World's First Handheld 4K Camcorder
Jan 11, 2012 – JVC has announced the GY-HMQ10, the world's first handheld 4K camcorder, which captures, records, and plays video images at four times the resolution of HD TV. Powered by JVC's Falconbrid chip, it delivers real-time 3840x2160 footage at 24p, 50p, or 60p.
News categories: JVC, Camcorder, Digital TV
DLNA Sees Surge in Certified Blu-ray™ Players
Jul 27, 2010 – The Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) has announced that the number of DLNA Certified® Blu-ray™ players has nearly doubled in 2010, bringing the total to 105.
News categories: Digital Living Network Alliance, Blu-ray, Market Research, Smart Home
Zoran Reports Fourth Quarter and Year End 2009 Results
Jan 25, 2010 – Zoran (NASDAQ:ZRAN) has reported results for its fourth quarter and year ended December 31, 2009. Revenues for the fourth quarter were $93.3 million, compared to $115.5 million last quarter and $74.7 million for the fourth quarter of 2008.
News categories: Zoran, DVD, Results, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
CEA Advances Mobile DTV Through Plugfest
Dec 10, 2009 – The Consumer Electronics Association (CEA)® has completed hosting the first ever ATSC Mobile DTV Plugfest. The Plugfest utilized four independently developed transmission systems, 12 receiver systems, and four software vendors.
News categories: Consumer Electronics Association, CES, Content Distribution, Middleware, Mobile, USA
Vestel Selects Osmosys Java Based Middleware to Power Integrated Digital TV Devices
Sep 10, 2008 – Osmosys (SWX: ADBN) has announced that Vestel (Istanbul: VESTL) has selected its DVB-MHP middleware and Navigator software to power its integrated digital TV sets (IDTVs). Vestel will roll out the TVs to the Italian DTT market.
News categories: Osmosys, Vestel, Digital TV, DVB-MHP, IBC2019, Italy, Middleware, Smart TV, Terrestrial
DVD6C Announces Royalty Reduction for DVD Decoder and DVD Encoder
Sep 4, 2008 – The DVD6C Licensing Group has announced that, from July 1, 2008, it has revised its worldwide patent licensing program, including offering a new license agreement offering reduced royalty rates on DVD Decoder and DVD Encoder products.
News categories: DVD6C, Digital TV, DVD, Licensing, Optical Disc Recorder, Patent
DVB-T licensing transferred from MPEG LA to SISVEL
Aug 29, 2008 – MPEG LA and SISVEL have announced that the administration of the DVB-T licensing program, including the administration of all DVB-T Patent Portfolio Licenses previously executed by MPEG LA and licensees, has been transferred from MPEG LA to SISVEL.
News categories: SISVEL, MPEG LA, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Peripherals / Accessories, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
- Edgeware and ENENSYS form alliance
- Swisscom IPTV media streaming box powered by Synaptics
- Mirada interim results for the six months to 30 September 2019
- Kantar and VTION roll out OTT Audience Measurement for India
- iQIYI's watermarking system passes ChinaDRM Lab evaluation test
- Rakuten Viki selects BuyDRM's KeyOS MultiKey Service
- Dish TV India adds 42,000 subscribers in 3Q 2019
- Wurl powers the delivery of Hollywire to Samsung TV Plus
- U.S. traditional video subscribers down nearly 1.9 million in 3Q 2019
- Swisscom Box integrates voice assistant for TV and smart home control
- INNOPIA, Amlogic and Verimatrix offer Netflix-integrated Hailstorm Hybrid platform
- EU cable revenue hits all-time high of €24 billion in 2018
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost 1.74 million subscribers in 3Q 2019
- Disney+ passes 10 million sign-ups since launching
- Orange launches Djingo voice assistant
- Netflix and Nickelodeon form multi-year output deal
- Fincons to present Smart Digital Platform compatible with both HbbTV and ATSC 3.0
- Telefónica announces Movistar Living Apps for its STBs
- Sunrise terminates plan to buy UPC Switzerland
- Astro Malaysia releases Astro Ultra Box