Digital TV News: Michael Koehn
LAOLA1.tv selects Octoshape for premium OTT video delivery
Mar 5, 2015 – Octoshape has announced today that LAOLA1.tv, the international online sport TV channel has selected Octoshape Infinite HD™ to support high quality OTT delivery to its growing customer base.
News categories: Octoshape, LAOLA1.tv, Michael Koehn Milland, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, OTT, Worldwide
Dish Mexico selects Octoshape for multiscreen OTT streaming
Feb 10, 2015 – Dish Mexico has announced that they selected Octoshape for the expansion of Dish content within Mexico. Dish Mexico is the first broadcaster in Mexico to offer live and on-demand, multiscreen broadcast services over the Internet.
News categories: Octoshape, Dish Mexico, Michael Koehn, Carlos Miranda Matzumoto, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mexico, Mobile, Satellite, TV Everywhere
ProSiebenSat.1 selects Octoshape to broadcast OTT IPTV channels
Sep 11, 2014 – Octoshape has announced that ProSiebenSat.1 Media AG, Germany’s largest privately held, commercial television and pay TV operator, has selected Octoshape’s broadcast solutions for expansion into Europe and overseas markets.
News categories: Octoshape, ProSiebenSat, Michael Koehn, Marcel Mohaupt, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Germany, IBC2020, OTT, Worldwide
CSTV selects Octoshape to power OTT service for Samsung devices
Aug 18, 2014 – Octoshape has announced that Chinese Satellite TV Communications Group (CSTV) has selected Octoshape to power 'FainTV' its mobile video streaming service in Taiwan. The service will later launch in Hong Kong and Mainland China.
News categories: Octoshape, CSTV, Samsung, Kevin Wang, Michael Koehn Milland, China, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Hong Kong, Mobile, OTT, Smartphone, Tablet, Taiwan
Octoshape and Altech partner for OTT/IPTV in the Middle-East and Africa
Jul 30, 2014 – Octoshape and Altech Multimedia have announced that they have entered into a partnership to offer video contribution and distribution solutions to major broadcasters and operators in the Middle East and Africa.
News categories: Octoshape, Altech Multimedia, Michael Koehn Milland, Paulo Caldeira, Africa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Middle-East, OTT, Set Top Box
AirTies and Octoshape selected by Digiturk for international OTT service
Jul 28, 2014 – AirTies and Octoshape have announced that Digiturk has selected their joint solution to deliver premium programming over-the-top (OTT) to its international customers.
News categories: AirTies, Octoshape, Digiturk, Hatice Memigüven, Bulend Celebi, Michael Koehn Milland, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Turkey, Worldwide
Octoshape demonstrates 4K end-to-end OTT/IPTV with Harmonic and AirTies
May 13, 2014 – Octoshape has announced an interoperability demonstration of 4k stream resolution delivered over the public Internet to consumer set-top boxes (STBs), with technology from Harmonic and AirTies Wireless Networks.
News categories: Octoshape, Harmonic, AirTies, Bulent Celebi, Michael Koehn Milland, Thierry Fautier, Content Distribution, IPTV, OTT, Set Top Box
TURKWEB selects Erstream and Octoshape for OTT VOD service
May 12, 2014 – Erstream and Octoshape have announced that they have been chosen by TURKWEB, a provider of high definition content including movies and TV series, to provide broadband TV VOD distribution services to customers globally.
News categories: Octoshape, Erstream, TURKWEB, Mert Altındağ, Oguz Erginer, Michael Koehn Milland, Content Distribution, OTT, Turkey, Worldwide
INSIDE Secure partners with Octoshape to secure multiscreen services
Mar 25, 2014 – INSIDE Secure (Paris: INSD) and Octoshape have announced that they have entered into a partnership to enable service providers, content providers and operators to securely deliver premium content to broadband multiscreen devices.
News categories: Octoshape, INSIDE Secure, Koehn Milland, Remy de Tonnac, Content Distribution, DRM, Mobile, NABShow, OTT, Worldwide
- Mobile to provide 40% of SVOD subscriptions
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs
- Dataxis compares Europe, Latam with U.S. AVOD market
- HEVC Advance royalty rates to remain at current levels
- Alphonso signs ACR distribution deals with Seiki and Skyworth
- Market turbulence to boost UK digital video market
- THEO Technologies and Synamedia form HESP Alliance
- U.S. consumers spend nearly seven hours per week watching online video
- NEXTGEN TV launches at four TV stations in Salt Lake City
- FCC designates Huawei and ZTE as national security threats
- STARZPLAY available from UPC Switzerland
- Verizon Media launches TV tune-in attribution with Inscape
- Eros Now partners with Dish TV India
- NexGuard watermarking integrated into AWS Elemental MediaConvert
- TRAI reports pay TV numbers for India at end-2019
- Altibox takes Verimatrix security into the Cloud
- Consolidated Communications introduces CCiTV in Texas
- Brat TV chooses Amagi to expand streaming TV footprint
- Churn rate for U.S. OTT services at 41% in Q1 2020