Digital TV News: Nielsen
Discovery partners with Inscape for TV audience measurement
Nov 12, 2019 – Discovery (Nasdaq: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) has partnered with Inscape to enhance TV measurement across its TV footprint in the U.S. Discovery will be able to use screen-verified, opt-in viewing data from Smart TVs for measurement and campaign optimization.
News categories: Inscape, Discovery, Jodie McAfee, David Leavy, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
Nielsen completes overhaul of Local TV measurement
Oct 3, 2019 – Nielsen announced that it has integrated advanced metering, big data and people-powered panels into its Local TV measurement service. The transformation delivers metrics that are representative of what people are actually viewing in local broadcast markets.
News categories: Nielsen, Catherine Herkovic, Wendy McMahon, Kathy Doyle, Kevin Stuart, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Nielsen and OpenSlate combine audience and brand safety measurement
Sep 18, 2019 – Nielsen (NYSE: NLSN) has announced that it has partnered with OpenSlate, a provider of brand safety and content suitability measurement. The collaboration combines OpenSlate's expertise with Nielsen's suite of audience measurement offerings.
News categories: Nielsen, OpenSlate, Nikesh Patel, Mike Henry, Jeni Gardner, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
Gracenote launches video ID distribution system
Sep 12, 2019 – Gracenote (NYSE: NLSN) is launching a Video ID Distribution System enabling creators and owners of media programming to more easily distribute their movies, TV shows, short-form videos and other related content to OTT services, smart device manufacturers, and cable and satellite TV providers.
News categories: Gracenote, Simon Adams, Big Data, Digital TV, IBC2019, OTT, Worldwide
FreeWheel introduces ad management platform for OTT publishers
Sep 9, 2019 – FreeWheel has announced advancements in its digital integrated ad management platform for video publishers in Europe, which includes the extension of its partnership with Nielsen into EMEA, as well as holistic ad decisioning across sales channels.
News categories: FreeWheel, Nielsen, Thomas Bremond, Matt O’Grady, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Europe, OTT
Nielsen estimates 120.6 million TV homes in the U.S.
Aug 27, 2019 – According to Nielsen’s National Television Household Universe Estimates, there are 120.6 million TV homes in the U.S. for the 2019-20 TV season. The number of persons age 2 and older in U.S. TV Households is estimated to be 307.3 million.
News categories: Nielsen, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
Videa launches forecasted ratings tool
Jul 24, 2019 – Videa has launched a forecasted ratings tool that brings faster, more efficient and statistically accurate forecasts to its end-to-end solution. The technology picks up viewership patterns and infer future ratings from the patterns.
News categories: Videa, Shereta Williams, Mary Barnas, Alan Wolk, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Nielsen's TV ratings platform moves to AWS
Jul 16, 2019 – Nielsen (NYSE: NLSN) has announced that as part of an initiative to transform the technology that powers its products and services, it has migrated its core National Television Audience Measurement processing to a cloud-based infrastructure.
News categories: Nielsen, AWS, Scott N. Brown, Stephen Orban, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
beIN SPORTS renews with Nielsen for U.S. TV ratings
Jul 2, 2019 – beIN SPORTS has signed a TV measurement agreement with Nielsen (NYSE: NLSN) for the U.S. Under the agreement, both beIN SPORTS and beIN SPORTS en Español will continue to receive market intelligence and person-level viewing data for both networks.
News categories: Nielsen, beIN SPORTS, Peter Bradbury, Antonio Briceño, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
- Fincons Group joins Deutsche TV-Plattform
- Samba TV taps Oracle Moat to measure viewability of CTV ads
- Amazon Prime Video app added to TiVo devices at Atlantic Broadband
- TekSavvy TV launches Cloud PVR and advanced features
- CJ Hello deploys ATEME transcoding solution
- US: Netflix grabs the most attention, but its reign will be challenged
- AWS compute and storage available at the edge of 5G networks
- FOX selects AWS as its cloud and machine learning provider
- TiVo launches Prime Video App to its U.S. pay-TV operator customers
- KPN integrates Amazon Prime Video into the TV menu
- Vodafone UK offers Apple TV 4K with unlimited broadband and mobile data
- A1 Bulgaria launches advanced TV with Zappware
- Tru Optik and Anzu.io to bring targeting to in-game advertising
- 14.5 million Australians now paying TV subscriptions
- EE hosts 5G-powered multi-location augmented reality gig
- Four-fifths of broadcasters considering personalised ads
- 3Q 2019 TV shipments grow 16.8% QoQ owing to peak season
- Worldwide spending on AR/VR expected to reach $18.8bn in 2020
- 13.7 million EU citizens streaming unauthorised IPTV
- WIND-Hellas launching Cloud Recordings with Zappware