Digital TV News: OTE TV
COSMOTE TV deploys private CDN with Synamedia
May 19, 2020 – COSMOTE TV has gone live with Synamedia’s Media Streamer CDN platform for its new streaming service. Media Streamer provides virtualized edge caching and streaming through a network of servers deployed across cities throughout Greece.
News categories: Synamedia, COSMOTE, Julien Signes, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Greece, OTT
COSMOTE TV launches OTT service in Greece
Dec 11, 2019 – COSMOTE TV’s OTT service is now commercially available in Greece. With the new service, subscribers have access to COSMOTE TV's premium content with personalized recommendations based on their preferences and habits.
News categories: COSMOTE, Android TV, Digital TV, Greece, OTT, Set Top Box
ACCESS and ZEASN usher in next gen Smart TV experiences
Sep 6, 2018 – ACCESS and ZEASN have announced that they have combined ACCESS’ expertise in connected entertainment with ZEASN’s smart TV app store and embedded OS. The joint solution is based on ACCESS’ NetFront™ Browser BE and ZEASN’s TV store and WhaleOS.
News categories: ACCESS CO, ZEASN, Dr. Neale Foster, Jason He, Apps, Digital TV, HTML5, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV, Worldwide
COSMOTE TV delivers Smart Remote experience on Zenterio OS-based STBs
Aug 30, 2018 – Zenterio has announced that OTE Group has deployed, in COSMOTE TV its pay-TV service, an advanced set-top box (STB) called EUROBOX (KAON NS2000) using Zenterio OS. Zenterio OS allows COSMOTE TV to support internet-delivered, on-demand content in addition to live content.
News categories: Zenterio, OTE Group, Jörgen Nilsson, Apps, Digital TV, Greece, IBC2020, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box
COSMOTE TV launches multiroom in Greece
Nov 2, 2017 – COSMOTE TV has announced that its subscribers are now able to watch simultaneously different channels through different TV sets in the home, as well as enjoy interactive TV services on all screens, via its COSMOTE TV MULTIROOM service.
News categories: COSMOTE TV, Digital TV, Greece, IPTV, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box
Zenterio migrates legacy STBs for OTE in Greece
May 2, 2017 – Zenterio has announced that it has completed the migration to Zenterio OS of the first 85,000 legacy set-top boxes for COSMOTE TV, OTE Group’s pay TV platform. The upgrade began at the end of 2016 on a customer opt-in basis.
News categories: Zenterio, OTE Group, Jörgen Nilsson, Digital TV, Greece, IPTV, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box
Gracenote unveils entertainment data products for video, music and sports
Feb 23, 2017 – Gracenote (NYSE: NLSN) has launched data products for Video, Music and Sports that enable entertainment providers and smart device makers to use Gracenote data and IDs to power advanced voice and text search, intuitive user experiences as well as more personalized media recommendations.
News categories: Gracenote, Rich Cusick, Big Data, Digital TV, Worldwide
COSMOTE TV reaches 500,000 subscribers
Jan 30, 2017 – OTE Group, the largest telecommunications provider in the Greek market, has announced that COSMOTE TV has continued to grow, reaching 500 thousand subscribers, with more than 250 thousand migrating to hybrid services.
News categories: OTE Group, COSMOTE TV, Digital TV, Greece, IPTV, Satellite, Subscribers
OTE adopts COSMOTE TV brand for communication and entertainment services
Nov 14, 2016 – OTE Group's TV service has been re-named COSMOTE TV. The new world of COSMOTE TV unifies the capabilities of the group's satellite and IPTV platforms. COSMOTE TV offers interactive household and on-the-go TV services for all.
News categories: OTE Group, Dimitris Michalakis, Digital TV, Greece, IPTV, Satellite
- PAOK FC OTT platform built with Insys Sport on AWS
- SLING TV in-app guide integrates local OTA channels on LG Smart TVs
- Conviva releases State of Streaming Q2 report
- Stay-at-home providing springboard for French SVOD
- Survata announces enhanced CTV measurement suite
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
- ViacomCBS to launch connected video ad platform
- Bell Canada releases Android TV 4K HDR streaming box
- ORS chooses 3SS to deliver simpliTV service in Austria
- Mongolia's Skymedia upgrades to Minerva 10
- Express-80 and Express-103 satellites launched
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- Finecast brings audience measurement to Australian BVOD platforms
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019
- Strong recovery expected for Mexico’s video entertainment market
- ATEME negotiating acquisition of ANEVIA
- Charter residential video customers up 102,000 in 2Q 2020