Cable TV (CATV, DVB-C, MMDS, …) News
Altice USA residential video RGUs down 67,000 in 3Q 2021
Nov 4, 2021 – Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) has reported results for the period ended September 30, 2021. Altice finished with 2,803,000 residential video RGUs, down 67,000 in the quarter, compared to a loss of 86,000 in Q3 2020.
News categories: Altice USA, Dexter Goei, Cable TV, Digital TV, Results, Subscribers, USA
Liberty Latin America adds 18,600 video RGUs in 3Q 2021
Nov 2, 2021 – Liberty Latin America (NASDAQ: LILA; LILAK, OTC Link:LILAB) has announced results for the period ended September 30, 2021. The company added 18,600 video RGUs in the quarter, to finish with a total of 1,987,500 subscribers.
News categories: Liberty Latin America, Bahamas, Barbados, Cable TV, Caribbean, Chile, Costa Rica, Digital TV, IPTV, Jamaica, Panama, Puerto Rico, Results, Subscribers, Trinidad and Tobago
Broadpeak and Enghouse power MCTV video streaming service
Nov 2, 2021 – Broadpeak and Enghouse have joined forces to optimize MCTV's video streaming service, MCTV Stream. MCTV will use Broadpeak's CDN, Cache Servers and Origin Packager alongside Enghouse's EspialTV managed IPTV solution.
News categories: Broadpeak, Enghouse, MCTV, Jacques Le Mancq, Mick McCluskey, Katherine Gessner, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
StarHub TV+ integrates Amazon Prime Video streaming app
Nov 1, 2021 – StarHub has announced the launch of Amazon’s streaming service Amazon Prime Video on StarHub TV+. Amazon Prime Video is the ninth OTT service to be fully integrated within StarHub TV+.
News categories: StarHub, Prime Video, Johan Buse, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Singapore
Charter residential video customers down 133,000 in 3Q 2021
Oct 29, 2021 – Charter Communications has reported results for the priod ended September 30, 2021. Residential video customers decreased by 133,000 in Q3, finishing the quarter at 15.287 million.
News categories: Charter Communications, Cable TV, Digital TV, Results, Subscribers, USA
Comcast cable video subscribers down 408,000 in 3Q 2021
Oct 28, 2021 – Comcast (NASDAQ: CMCSA) has reported results for the quarter ended September 30, 2021. Cable video customer net losses were 408,000 in the quarter. At Sky, Total Customer Relationships decreased by 233,000.
News categories: Comcast, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, Results, Satellite, Streaming, USA
Megacable video subscribers up 59,000 in 3Q 2021
Oct 26, 2021 – Megacable (BMV:MEGA.CPO) has announced results for the third quarter of 2021. The Video segment continued its growth trend, ending with 3,516,194 subscribers, up 155 thousand, or 4.6%, compared to 3Q20.
News categories: Megacable, Cable TV, Digital TV, Mexico, Results, Subscribers
Beijing Gehua Cable updates infrastructure with ATEME
Oct 26, 2021 – ATEME has announced that Beijing Gehua Cable (BGC) has deployed ATEME encoders to upgrade its cable TV service. The update delivers greater stability and video quality for viewers, while reducing BGC’s energy footprint.
News categories: ATEME, Gehua Cable, Xiao Zhang, Cable TV, China, Content Distribution, Digital TV
Thailand pay TV revenues to grow to $1.1bn in 2026
Oct 27, 2021 – Pay TV service revenue in Thailand is expected to grow at a healthy CAGR of 8.5% from $734m in 2021 to $1.1bn in 2026, supported by growing DTH, Cable TV and IPTV subscriptions, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Aasif Iqbal, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Thailand
- Vewd For Automotive enables premium entertainment in Skywell electric SUV
- WarnerMedia adds 4.3 million HBO Max and HBO subscribers in 4Q 2021
- 5G-MAG joins forces with DVB on the future of TV over 5G
- LG Ads introduces suite of Guaranteed Outcome-based media offerings
- Breezeline selects Vecima and TiVo to support its expansion
- Bitcentral acquires Powr.tv
- Friend MTS extends content protection deal with Lega Serie A
- Cinedigm launches streaming channels on AR glasses with Nreal
- NextGen TV broadcasting begins in Green Bay, WI
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 69,000 in 4Q 2021
- TV shipments expected to reach 217 million units in 2022
- Vodafone Portugal launches hands-free entertainment and Smart Home hub with UEI
- Evoca expands to Denver with Altitude Sports
- European Parliament agrees Digital Services Act (DSA) proposal
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 25.1% in 2021
- MPEG LA offers one-stop license for ATSC 3.0
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in Canada
- SLING TV comes to VIZIO SmartCast platform
- VideoAI from CTS automates video content metadata generation
- Irdeto brings Server Side Ad Insertion solution to market