Romania Digital TV News
CANAL+ Group to acquire M7
May 27, 2019 – CANAL+ Group has announces the acquisition of M7, owned by Astorg. M7 is an aggregator and distributor of local and international channels via satellite and OTT platforms with a presence in the Netherlands, Belgium, Austria, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary and Romania.
News categories: CANAL+ Group, M7 Group, Maxime Saada, Jacques du Puy, Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Hungary, MandA, Netherlands, Romania, Satellite, Slovakia, Streaming
Deutsche Telekom MagentaTV subscribers up 66,000 in 1Q 2019
May 9, 2019 – Deutsche Telekom has released results for the first quarter of 2019. In Germany, 66,000 new MagentaTV customers were recorded in the quarter, taking the total number to 3.4 million, an increase of 7.1 percent compared with March 2018.
News categories: Deutsche Telekom, Austria, Cable TV, Croatia, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Germany, Greece, Hungary, IPTV, Results, Romania, Satellite, Slovakia, Subscribers
Liberty Global organic video subscriber losses at 60,500 for 1Q 2019
May 6, 2019 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB and LBTYK) has announced its financial results for the first quarter of 2019. The company's Vodafone and Sunrise transactions remain on track to close during the summer of 2019 and Q4 2019, respectively.
News categories: Liberty Global, Mike Fries, Belgium, Cable TV, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Poland, Results, Romania, Satellite, Set Top Box, Slovakia, Subscribers, Switzerland, UK
M7 to buy Liberty Global's Eastern European DTH operations
Dec 21, 2018 – M7 Group has announced that it has agreed to buy the DTH satellite TV operations of Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB and LBTYK) currently serving four Eastern European markets (Hungary, Czech Republic, Slovakia and Romania).
News categories: M7 Group, Liberty Global, Hans Troelstra, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Hungary, MandA, Romania, Satellite, Slovakia
EIB supports expansion of DTT broadcasting network in Romania
Dec 14, 2018 – The European Investment Bank (EIB) is lending EUR 9.78m to Romanian public company Societatea Nationala de Radiocomunicatii SA (Radiocom) to partially finance the digitalisation of the country’s terrestrial broadcasting infrastructure.
News categories: European Investment Bank, Radiocom, Andrew McDowell, Eugen Brad, Digital TV, Finance, Romania, Terrestrial
Eastern European OTT revenues to triple
Aug 21, 2018 – According to Digital TV Research, OTT TV episode and movie revenues for Eastern European countries will reach $3.51 billion in 2023; more than triple the $1.01 billion recorded in 2017. Russia will then account for 40% of the region’s OTT revenues.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, Poland, Romania, Russia, Streaming, Subscribers, Ukraine
Vimmi provides OTT and CDN solutions for Pro TV's AVOD platform in Romania
Aug 5, 2018 – Vimmi Communications and Romania's Pro TV, have joined forces to launch a project which includes the implementation and integration of Vimmi’s OTT and CDN solutions with ProTV’s AVOD platfrom, ProTV Plus.
News categories: Vimmi, Pro TV, Eitan Koter, Dr. Hendrik von der Linden, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Romania, Streaming, UX
Samsung, Cisco and Orange trial 5G home entertainment and smart city applications in Romania
Jul 2, 2018 – Samsung and Cisco have announced the completion of a trial and 5G demonstrations with Orange in Romania. During the trial, several parallel UHD videos and VR sessions were streamed simultaneously over the same 5G broadband connection.
News categories: Samsung, Cisco Systems, Orange, GY Seo, Yvette Kanouff, Arnaud Vamparys, 5G, Digital TV, Romania, VR
Vodafone to acquire Liberty Global’s operations in Germany, the Czech Republic, Hungary and Romania
May 9, 2018 – Vodafone has announced that it has agreed to acquire Unitymedia in Germany and Liberty Global’s operations (excluding its 'Direct Home' business) in the Czech Republic, Hungary, and Romania, for a total enterprise value of €18.4 billion.
News categories: Vodafone, Liberty Global, Mike Fries, Cable TV, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Germany, Hungary, MandA, Romania
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
- Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
- Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
- LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
- 70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
- t4h. Android TV remote control for SKY Brasil
- ATEME joins Google Cloud Partner Advantage Program
- discovery+ to launch in Canada on October 19
- LiveRamp launches enhanced TV platform
- Comscore enables deduplicated ad campaigns on YouTube and YouTube TV
- Four Hartford TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Vestel rolls out Red Bull TV app to Smart TVs across Europe
- Viaccess-Orca powers Vialis hybrid DTT/OTT service
- TalkTalk selects Netgem for launch of 4K TV service
- 39% of U.S. OTT viewers access video services for specific content
- 60% of UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV
- Foxtel confirms syndication of Sky Glass streaming platform
- Survey highlights attraction of interacting with streaming video
- Yahoo and Tubi partner to streamline CTV ad buying