Digital TV News: Cincinnati Bell
Evolution Digital Android TV box selected by TDS Telecom
Jun 8, 2021 – Evolution Digital has announced that TDS Telecom plans to deploy eSTREAM 4K, its Android TV set-top box. The box integrates third-party apps and a voice-enabled remote control with TDS' managed TiVo application.
News categories: Evolution Digital, TDS Telecom, Marc Cohen, Ken Paker, Android TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, USA, UX
U.S. cable and telco broadband subscribers up 1,165,000 in 1Q 2020
May 13, 2020 – Leichtman Research Group (LRG) has found that the largest cable and telephone providers in the U.S. acquired about 1,165,000 net additional broadband subscribers in 1Q 2020, compared to a gain of about 955,000 in 1Q 2019.
News categories: Leichtman Research, Bruce Leichtman, Broadband, COVID-19, Market Research, USA
Cincinnati Bell to be acquired by Macquarie
Mar 13, 2020 – Cincinnati Bell (NYSE:CBB), together with Macquarie Infrastructure Partners (MIP), has announced an agreement through which a MIP-controlled subsidiary will acquire all outstanding shares of Cincinnati Bell.
News categories: Cincinnati Bell, Macquarie Infrastructure Partners, Ares Management, Lynn A. Wentworth, Leigh Fox, Karl Kuchel, Scott Graves, Digital TV, IPTV, MandA, USA
Cincinnati Bell, Hawaiian Telcom partner with YouTube TV
Jan 15, 2020 – Cincinnati Bell has announced a partnership with YouTube TV that will allow Cincinnati Bell and Hawaiian Telcom customers to stream content via Cincinnati Bell's fiber network. YouTube TV offers live TV that can be watched on any screen.
News categories: Cincinnati Bell, YouTube TV, Tom Simpson, Digital TV, Fibre, Streaming, USA
Amino adapts STB software to run on legacy boxes
May 18, 2017 – Amino has announced that its Amino ENABLE virtual set-top box software is empowering TV operators to migrate to an all IP/Cloud future. It will have its public debut at Broadcast Asia and ANGA this month.
News categories: Amino, Cincinnati Bell, Mark Evensen, Donald McGarva, Tom Simpson, ANGA COM, ConnecTechAsia, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Cincinnati Bell takes multiscreen OTT security from Verimatrix
Apr 24, 2017 – Verimatrix has announced that Cincinnati Bell has broadened its deployment of the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS) multi-network solution to support over-the-top (OTT) video delivery of its streaming app, Watch Fioptics.
News categories: Verimatrix, Cincinnati Bell, Steve Oetegenn, Cory Beimesche, Content Protection, Digital TV, Mobile, NABShow, Streaming, USA
Amino software powers Cincinnati Bell Fioptics TV
Feb 15, 2016 – Amino Communications and Cincinnati Bell have started the migration of Cincinnati Bell’s legacy IPTV devices to Amino’s Enable TV software platform. The upgrade will give Cincinnati Bell Fioptics entertainment customers a rich media interface and advanced applications.
News categories: Amino Communications, Cincinnati Bell, Donald McGarva, Tom Simpson, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
Cincinnati Bell selects Minerva to power enhanced television services
Oct 13, 2015 – Minerva Networks has announced that Cincinnati Bell has deployed Minerva’s platform to offer enhanced television services. artnering with Minerva, Cincinnati Bell is able to offer a full range of premium features.
News categories: Minerva Networks, Cincinnati Bell, Eric Freund, Mark Fahner, Digital TV, IPTV, SCTE•ISBE, USA
U.S. adds 700,000 broadband subscribers in 3Q 2014
Nov 18, 2014 – Leichtman Research Group (LRG) has found that the seventeen largest cable and telephone providers in the US -- representing about 94% of the market -- acquired over 700,000 net additional high-speed Internet subscribers in the third quarter of 2014.
News categories: Leichtman Research, Bruce Leichtman, Broadband, Cable TV, IPTV, Market Research, Subscribers, USA
- Evoca expands to Denver with Altitude Sports
- European Parliament agrees Digital Services Act (DSA) proposal
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 25.1% in 2021
- MPEG LA offers one-stop license for ATSC 3.0
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in Canada
- SLING TV comes to VIZIO SmartCast platform
- VideoAI from CTS automates video content metadata generation
- Irdeto brings Server Side Ad Insertion solution to market
- Five million Brits spending full working day on streaming sites
- Breezeline launches cloud-based TV service
- ATSC 3.0 technologies selected for Brazil's TV 3.0 system
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- MPEG-H selected as audio system for Brazil's TV 3.0 Project
- Altice partners with Ampersand to sell addressable ad inventory
- Cgates goes live with Synamedia video network solutions
- Video Solutions AG launches AVOD channels with Amagi
- Netflix shows signs of slowing in the U.S.
- A-LIVE partners with Minerva to offer fans NFTs of music concert
- Pay TV revenues in the MENA region to decline by $1.5bn
- ViacomCBS migrates from satellite to IP content distribution with CommScope