Digital TV News: Claro
RDK surpasses 100 million device deployments
Sep 7, 2022 – RDK Management (RDK) has announced details about the continued adoption of the RDK open source software platform used to power CPEs from service providers worldwide. The number of RDK devices deployed globally rose to 100 million, up from 80 million last year.
News categories: RDK Management, Jason Briggs, Digital TV, Gateway, Market Research, RDK, Set Top Box
Latin America SVOD revenues to grow to $8.54 billion by 2027
Aug 25, 2022 – According to Digital TV Research, Latin American SVOD revenues will reach $8.54 billion by 2027, up from $5.01 billion in 2021. Netflix will account for 41% of the 2027 total, down from 72% in 2021.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Latin America, Market Research, Streaming
Claro video comes to ZEASN-powered smart TVs in Latin America
Jan 27, 2022 – ZEASN has announced that streaming service Claro video is now available on multiple ZEASN-supported smart TV brands, including AOC's Whale OS powered connected televisions, increasing the presence of Claro video on TV screens in Latin America.
News categories: ZEASN, Claro video, Thomas Li, Apps, Digital TV, Latin America, Smart TV, Streaming
Starzplay expands internationally
Dec 16, 2021 – Starzplay is celebrating a collection of partner launches in the second half of 2020 including a new presence in the Nordics with NENT/Viaplay. In addition, Starzplay has expanded this month with Vodafone in Italy, Sky in Switzerland and Molotov in France, with more planned.
News categories: Starz, Superna Kalle, Digital TV, Europe, Streaming
JW Player and Applicaster launch integrated OTT app solution
Nov 17, 2021 – JW Player has partnered with Applicaster to launch an OTT app solution for broadcasters and content owners. The out-of-the-box solution enables content owners to launch custom OTT apps at scale without requiring any development.
News categories: JW Player, Applicaster, Dave Otten, Ido Hadari, Apps, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Claro Box TV streaming in Colombia powered by Harmonic
Oct 21, 2021 – Claro Colombia has deployed Harmonic's (NASDAQ: HLIT) VOS Cloud-Native Software solution, Electra X live video processor and MediaGrid shared storage to power its Claro Box TV streaming service.
News categories: Harmonic, Claro Colombia, Alvaro Martin, Walter Borda, Colombia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming
América Móvil and Liberty Latin America to combine Chilean operations
Sep 29, 2021 – Liberty Latin America (NASDAQ:LILA; LILAK, OTC Link:LILAB) and América Móvil (BMV:AMX, NYSE:AMX; AMOV) have agreed to combine their respective Chilean operations, VTR and Claro Chile, into a 50:50 joint venture.
News categories: Liberty Latin America, América Móvil, Cable TV, Chile, Digital TV, MandA
C&W Panamá to acquire América Móvil's Panama operations
Sep 15, 2021 – Liberty Latin America (NASDAQ: LILA; LILAK, OTC Link: LILAB) has announced that its 49%-owned subsidiary Cable & Wireless Panamá has agreed to acquire América Móvil's operations in Panama (Claro Panamá).
News categories: Liberty Latin America, Claro Panamá, Balan Nair, MandA, Panama
Latin America SVOD subscriptions to exceed 130 million by 2026
Sep 6, 2021 – Digital TV Research expects that, despite several poor economies, Latin America will have 131 million SVOD subscriptions by 2026; up from 76 million at end-2021. Brazil will remain the market leader.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Latin America, Streaming, Subscribers
- Sky NZ reveals IP-only solution for VodafoneTV customers
- IAB Tech Lab releases updates to SIMID 1.2 and VAST 4.3 for comment
- Semiconductor market slowdown picks up speed
- MultiChoice to be second syndication partner for Sky Glass
- Canadian program drives energy efficiency of new set-top boxes
- Tring selects multiscreen solution from SmartLabs
- TP Vision to be launch partner for DTG DVB-I Test Suite
- beIN sports, iQIYI and TVBAnywhere+ apps now on Astro Ultra Box
- Air Broadband adds Netgem TV to its offer in the UK
- SeaChange to power FIFA World Cup streaming for Grupo TVCable
- Share of large panel TVs triples in India to over 40%
- Turk Telekom rolls out IPTV/OTT platform with ZTE
- OKAST powers Endemol France channels on Samsung TV Plus
- CommScope launches HomeVista pre-integrated video solution
- StarHub releases Android TV set-top box with integrated soundbar
- Broadcast and cable show signs of revival in U.S.
- EU proposes new cybersecurity rules for hardware and software products
- Vestel launches 97XX 4K UHD set-top box series
- Telekom and RTL Deutschland use 5G network slicing to broadcast live TV
- Netflix to remain SVOD world leader