Digital TV News: Claro
ZTE helps América Móvil migrate from AOSP to Android TV
Dec 5, 2022 – ZTE (0763.HK / 000063.SZ) has announced that it has assisted América Móvil in the migration of Claro TV set-tops from AOSP to Android TV. The solution has been deployed in multiple countries in Latin America.
News categories: ZTE, América Móvil, Mariano Dizeo, Android TV, Digital TV, Latin America, Set Top Box
RDK surpasses 100 million device deployments
Sep 7, 2022 – RDK Management (RDK) has announced details about the continued adoption of the RDK open source software platform used to power CPEs from service providers worldwide. The number of RDK devices deployed globally rose to 100 million, up from 80 million last year.
News categories: RDK Management, Jason Briggs, Digital TV, Gateway, Market Research, RDK, Set Top Box
Latin America SVOD revenues to grow to $8.54 billion by 2027
Aug 25, 2022 – According to Digital TV Research, Latin American SVOD revenues will reach $8.54 billion by 2027, up from $5.01 billion in 2021. Netflix will account for 41% of the 2027 total, down from 72% in 2021.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Latin America, Market Research, Streaming
Claro video comes to ZEASN-powered smart TVs in Latin America
Jan 27, 2022 – ZEASN has announced that streaming service Claro video is now available on multiple ZEASN-supported smart TV brands, including AOC's Whale OS powered connected televisions, increasing the presence of Claro video on TV screens in Latin America.
News categories: ZEASN, Claro video, Thomas Li, Apps, Digital TV, Latin America, Smart TV, Streaming
Starzplay expands internationally
Dec 16, 2021 – Starzplay is celebrating a collection of partner launches in the second half of 2020 including a new presence in the Nordics with NENT/Viaplay. In addition, Starzplay has expanded this month with Vodafone in Italy, Sky in Switzerland and Molotov in France, with more planned.
News categories: Starz, Superna Kalle, Digital TV, Europe, Streaming
JW Player and Applicaster launch integrated OTT app solution
Nov 17, 2021 – JW Player has partnered with Applicaster to launch an OTT app solution for broadcasters and content owners. The out-of-the-box solution enables content owners to launch custom OTT apps at scale without requiring any development.
News categories: JW Player, Applicaster, Dave Otten, Ido Hadari, Apps, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Claro Box TV streaming in Colombia powered by Harmonic
Oct 21, 2021 – Claro Colombia has deployed Harmonic's (NASDAQ: HLIT) VOS Cloud-Native Software solution, Electra X live video processor and MediaGrid shared storage to power its Claro Box TV streaming service.
News categories: Harmonic, Claro Colombia, Alvaro Martin, Walter Borda, Colombia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming
América Móvil and Liberty Latin America to combine Chilean operations
Sep 29, 2021 – Liberty Latin America (NASDAQ:LILA; LILAK, OTC Link:LILAB) and América Móvil (BMV:AMX, NYSE:AMX; AMOV) have agreed to combine their respective Chilean operations, VTR and Claro Chile, into a 50:50 joint venture.
News categories: Liberty Latin America, América Móvil, Cable TV, Chile, Digital TV, MandA
C&W Panamá to acquire América Móvil's Panama operations
Sep 15, 2021 – Liberty Latin America (NASDAQ: LILA; LILAK, OTC Link: LILAB) has announced that its 49%-owned subsidiary Cable & Wireless Panamá has agreed to acquire América Móvil's operations in Panama (Claro Panamá).
News categories: Liberty Latin America, Claro Panamá, Balan Nair, MandA, Panama
- Hisense no. 1 in TV shipments in December 2022
- LG adds Apple integrations to webOS Hub smart TV platform
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars