Digital TV News: Connect Devices
DTG and Connect Devices create Smart TV cyber security scheme
Dec 9, 2020 – The DTG in partnership with Connect Devices, is working on a cyber security certification scheme for smart TVs after being awarded U.K. Government funding under the Grant Programme for Consumer IoT Assurance Schemes.
News categories: DTG Testing, Connect Devices, Alex Buchan, Jonathan Marshall, Digital TV, Smart TV, UK
DTG plans ‘Secure by Design’ scheme to strengthen cyber security in TV products
Sep 12, 2019 – The Digital TV Group (DTG) has announced plans to launch a cyber security conformance scheme. The aim of the scheme is to provide consumers and retailers with the confidence that their connected devices are protected against cyber-attacks.
News categories: Digital TV Group, Richard Lindsay-Davies, Dr Ian Levy, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UK
HONOR Vision first smart screen device with Huawei's HarmonyOS
Aug 10, 2019 – HONOR has launched its HONOR Vision Series at the 2019 Huawei Developer Conference (HDC). Equipped with three Huawei chipsets, HONOR Vision is the world's first smart screen device to carry Huawei's self-developed HarmonyOS.
News categories: HONOR, Huawei, George Zhao, China, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Smart TV
Consumer IoT to be worth $6.6bn for telcos
Dec 12, 2018 – While the Internet of Things (IoT) is primarily associated with the industrial and enterprise markets, there is an adjacent opportunity emerging for Mobile Services Providers (MSPs) to spur the growth of a consumer IoT market, according to ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Pablo Tomasi, Market Research, Smart Home, Worldwide
Roku adds audio and voice assistance to the TV user expereince
Jan 3, 2018 – Roku has unveiled plans to make it easy for Roku TV customers to add audio to their TV experience. The company has also announced plans to develop and launch a voice assistant, the Roku Entertainment Assistant, optimized for home entertainment.
News categories: Roku, Anthony Wood, CES2022, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Streaming, USA, UX
RealPlayer Cloud now available worldwide
Feb 24, 2014 – RealNetworks (NASDAQ: RNWK) has announced the global roll-out of RealPlayer® Cloud, allowing users to easily move, watch and share videos on any device or operating system, anywhere in the world.
News categories: RealNetworks, Rob Glaser, Digital TV, TV Everywhere, Worldwide
Broadcom Drives Future Growth of China's Next Generation Broadband Initiative
Oct 31, 2012 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced cable innovations to drive new TV and broadband experiences in China, fueling the next phase of next generation broadband (NGB).
News categories: Broadcom, Cable TV, China, Middleware, Semiconductor, Smart Home
IEEE 1905.1 industry standard moves to product design stage
Jan 9, 2012 – The IEEE 1905.1 Working Group has approved its Hybrid Networking (P1905.1) draft standard. The industry standard combines the mobility of wireless with the performance of wires to enable the next-generation networked home.
News categories: Powerline Alliance, IEEE 1905.1, Blu-ray, Gaming, Gateway, Home Server, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV
Rovi Launches Software Application for Managing Home Music, Videos and Photos
Mar 29, 2010 – Rovi Corporation (NASDAQ: ROVI) has announced the availability of its Personal Media Manager, software that enables consumers to 'clean' or update the data residing in their media libraries as well as stream and share content stored on a home network.
News categories: Rovi Corp, Middleware, Smart Home
- Operations of Digi Communications in Hungary acquired by 4iG
- OTT revenues poised to surpass pay TV revenues in MENA by 2024
- Astro Malaysia debuts addressable TV advertising with Synamedia
- Kaltura powers Vodafone TV in Germany
- Roku #1 TV streaming platform in Mexico
- ATEME brings HDR10+ support to live transcoding
- BBC iPlayer arrives on PlayStation 5
- BARB UK adds SVOD and video-sharing platform measurement
- Baltcom strengthens position in Eastern Latvia with Microlines acquisition
- ATSC issues RFP for broadcast core network technologies to enhance ATSC 3.0
- Verimatrix launches cybersecurity solution against video piracy
- Agama and Antecna to provide video monitoring and analysis for m:tel
- ViacomCBS and NENT Group to roll out Pluto TV in the Nordics
- Iskon launches OTT service in Croatia with Beenius
- Kineton and SmarDTV demonstrate OpApp & CAM at 9th HbbTV Symposium
- Irdeto launches CAM-based HbbTV OpApp solution
- South African government provides update on analogue switch-off
- Nielsen to enhance TV measurement with individual commercial metrics
- DVB releases first 8K UHD video delivery specifications
- TV shipments expected to undergo 12.4% YoY decline in 2H 2021