Digital TV News: DOTSCREEN
Red Bee Media and Dotscreen power RTBF's revamped AUVIO platform
Mar 6, 2023 – Red Bee Media has signed an agreement with RTBF to power its re-launched Auvio platform through Red Bee Media's managed OTT services. Red Bee Media partnered with Dotscreen to improve the Auvio user experience.
News categories: Red Bee Media, RTBF, Dotscreen, Stéphane Grandvarlet, Cecile Gonfroid, Belgium, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, UX
New TV apps for TF1 and RTBF powered by Dotscreen
Nov 24, 2022 – Dotscreen has provided upgrades for two of its European multiscreen UI clients. TF1's MYTF1 Max App has launched on Samsung and LG Smart TVs in France, and RTBF has relaunched its Auvio App in Belgium.
News categories: DOTSCREEN, TF1, RTBF, Stanislas Leridon, Pascal-Hippolyte Besson, Apps, Belgium, Digital TV, France, Smart TV, Streaming
Synamedia expands Synamedia Go cloud video suite
Apr 25, 2022 – Synamedia has announced the launch of its complete Synamedia Go cloud video suite. Synamedia Go offers video service providers everything they need to launch a streaming service as well as the ability to customize it to increase value.
News categories: Synamedia, Nick Thexton, Tom Morrod, Advertising, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Streaming, UX, Worldwide
Media Broadcast renews Freenet HbbTV portal contract with DOTSCREEN
Apr 12, 2022 – Media Broadcast has renewed its contract with DOTSCREEN for the evolution, support, and maintenance of the Freenet HbbTV portal in Germany. DOTSCREEN was the original designer and developer of the portal in 2016.
News categories: DOTSCREEN, Media Broadcast, Stanislas Leridon, Digital TV, Germany, HbbTV, UX
Details of HbbTV Symposium and Awards 2021 announced
Sep 29, 2021 – The HbbTV Association has announced that the HbbTV Symposium and Awards 2021 will take place as an in-person event on November 24-25 at the Cité Internationale Universitaire de Paris in France.
News categories: HbbTV Association, Salto, Vincent Grivet, Thomas Follin, Digital TV, France, HbbTV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Broadpeak's CDN and Multicast ABR power Megacable's Xview+
Jun 10, 2021 – Broadpeak has announced that Megacable is using Broadpeak's CDN and multicast ABR to optimize the delivery of its Xview+ streaming service, including live, VOD, time-shift TV, catch-up and premium TV.
News categories: Broadpeak, Megacable, Jacques Le Mancq, Gerardo Seifert, Android TV, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mexico, QoE, Set Top Box
Megacable launches OTT service powered by Viaccess-Orca
Mar 4, 2021 – Megacable is expanding the delivery of its Xview+ OTT service to Android TV set-top boxes using Viaccess-Orca's TV Platform. Xview+ brings together content in one place, creating a unified experience for subscribers.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, Megacable, Philippe Leonetti, Gerardo Seifert, Android TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mexico, Set Top Box, Streaming
DOTSCREEN retains freenet TV HbbTV portal contract
Feb 10, 2021 – Media Broadcast has renewed its contract with DOTSCREEN for the evolution, support and maintenance of the freenet TV HbbTV portal in Germany. DOTSCREEN has maintained the portal for the last four years.
News categories: DOTSCREEN, Media Broadcast, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Germany, HbbTV, UX
DOTSCREEN offers Amazin'TV UI to RDK Community
Nov 16, 2020 – DOTSCREEN has integrated with RDK to bring Amazin’TV, its full-featured off-the-shelf User Interface, to the RDK community. Amazin’TV offers a fluid, intuitive design, tailored to both live and on demand TV experiences.
News categories: DOTSCREEN, Stanislas Leridon, Digital TV, RDK, UX, Worldwide
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
- LG announces organizational restructuring
- HbbTV updates Operator Application specification
- Bouygues Telecom streams video in Multicast ABR with Broadpeak
- iWedia releases test solution for HbbTV device compliance
- Utomik to bring cloud gaming to VIDAA Smart TVs
- Avid provides Iceland's RÚV with ingest and playout solution
- Global pay TV penetration to fall for the first time in 2024