Digital TV News: Datacom
Astro Malaysia adopts Broadpeak's multicast ABR technology
Jun 18, 2019 – Broadpeak is working with Astro Malaysia to strengthen the latter's OTT video delivery service through its multicast ABR solution. Astro is using the solution to distribute 20 MPEG-DASH live channels to Android TVs and iOS and Android tablets and smartphones.
News categories: Broadpeak, Astro, Jacques Le Mancq, Shahrul Imran Sultan, ConnecTechAsia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Malaysia, Streaming
Datacom signed-up as Viaccess-Orca system integrator in APAC
Jun 11, 2019 – Viaccess-Orca (VO) has announced that Datacom is the first company to sign-up to VO's system integration partnership program. Datacom will play a role in bringing VO's content protection and TV platform solutions to Asia-Pacific countries.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, Datacom, Pierre-Alexandre Bidard, Bo Guan, Australia, China, ConnecTechAsia, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Hong Kong, Macau, Malaysia, Mongolia, Pakistan, Philippines, Vietnam
Hathway selects Verimatrix to secure DVB hybrid network on Android TV
Oct 11, 2018 – Verimatrix has announced Hathway as its latest Verimatrix VCAS Ultra customer. Hathway selected the cardless solution to secure its new DVB Hybrid Cable Box, which is the first STB of its kind in India to be built on the Android TV O operating system.
News categories: Verimatrix, Hathway, Steve Oetegenn, Vivekanand Tripathi, Android TV, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, India, Set Top Box
Hathway deploys 0.4 million Phase III and IV STBs in 4Q 2016
Feb 9, 2017 – According to its results for the quarter ended December 31, 2016, Hathway Cable & Datacom (BSE:533162 NSE:HATHWAY) deployed 0.4 million set-top boxes in Phase III and IV areas during the period. This brings its total STB deployments to 12.2 million.
News categories: Hathway, Cable TV, India, Results, Set Top Box, Subscribers
Technicolor to provide Hathway with Gateway and HD Set-Top Box
Jul 17, 2013 – Technicolor (PARIS: TCH) has announced that it has been awarded two contracts from Hathway, India's leading cable broadband service provider, for MediaAccess gateways and MediaPlay set-top boxes.
News categories: Technicolor, Hathway, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, Gateway, India, Set Top Box
Hathway deploys 1.7 million DAS set-top boxes in Mumbai, Delhi and Kolkata
Nov 15, 2012 – According to its results for Q2 FY 13, Hathway (BSE:533162; NSE:HATHWAY) has completed the roll out of DAS in the Phase I cities of Mumbai, Delhi and Kolkata. As of end October 2012 the Company had cumulatively deployed 1.7 million set-top boxes in these cities.
News categories: Hathway, Cable TV, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Set Top Box, Subscribers
IMAQLIQ and Opera Software bring latest browsing technology to IPTV
Feb 2, 2011 – Opera Software has announced a collaboration with IMAQLIQ to provide the latest technology to consumers using IPTV. IMAQLIQ, a Russian developer of telecommunications equipment, will integrate Opera on its line of devices for interactive TV.
News categories: Opera Software, IMAQLIQ, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Hathway becomes India's first Cable TV MSO to reach one million digital subscribers
Oct 1, 2010 – NDS has announced that it is now powering one million digital TV connections for Hathway, India's leading Multi System Operator (MSO). Hathway, the fastest growing MSO in India, has become the first to reach the digital subscriber milestone.
News categories: Hathway, NDS Group, Cable TV, India, Subscribers
NDS and Hathway Announce New Agreement to Accelerate Digital Cable Deployment in India
May 5, 2010 – NDS has announced that it has signed a new agreement with Hathway which will enable Hathway to rapidly accelerate deployment of digital STBs and significantly boost its digital cable TV subscriber base in India over the next 12 months.
News categories: NDS Group, Hathway, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Content Distribution, India, Middleware, Set Top Box
- Vewd and Mediatek bring entertainment to vehicle rear-seats
- Conviva expands into advertising audience measurement
- C Spire to acquire Troy Cablevision
- Software Freedom Conservancy sues Vizio for GPL violations
- Altibox Android TV service goes live with 3SS and Technicolor
- Sunrise UPC launches yallo TV in Switzerland
- ATEME embeds Viaccess-Orca contribution watermarking
- Deloitte releases results of Digital Media Trends Fall Pulse survey
- RFE receives Android TV Operator Tier certification for IPTV STB
- Disney+ coming to Hisense and Toshiba TVs with VIDAA Smart OS
- Tremor International acquires Spearad
- TekSavvy TV footprint expands across Canada
- Airtel launches Video Platform as a Service product
- Comcast launches Smart TVs based on its XClass TV platform
- ViacomCBS and Altice USA renew distribution agreement
- OTT now at 82% consumer saturation in the U.S.
- MultTV and MwareTV launch multi-tenant TV as a Service in Brazil
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in the U.S.
- HBO Max to be available at Telia from October 26
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner