Digital TV News: Dolby Laboratories
Panasonic announces MZ2000 flagship OLED TV at CES
Jan 4, 2023 – Panasonic's MZ2000 features the latest iteration of its smart TV OS, my Home Screen 8.0, supporting all major video streaming services alongside improvements to the Bass Booster, accessibility, and myScenery features.
News categories: Panasonic, CES2023, Digital TV, Smart TV, TV OS, USA
MediaTek releases Pentonic 1000 4K 120Hz Smart TV SoC
Nov 11, 2022 – MediaTek has launched the Pentonic 1000, its latest smart TV SoC designed for 4K 120Hz displays. Pentonic 1000 combines a multi-core CPU, dual-core GPU, dedicated AI processing unit and video decoding engines into a single chip.
News categories: MediaTek, Alex Chen, Mathias Bendull, Digital TV, ICs, Smart TV, Worldwide
StarHub releases Android TV set-top box with integrated soundbar
Sep 19, 2022 – StarHub has announced TV+ Pro, a set-top box with integrated soundbar designed to captivate audiences with an immersive TV experience delivered in Dolby Atmos and Dolby Vision, with audio tuning by Bang & Olufsen.
News categories: StarHub, Dolby, Bang & Olufsen, Yann Courqueux, Ashim Mathur, Duncan McCue, Android TV, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Singapore
NEXTGEN TV showing increasing consumer interest and purchase intent
Mar 30, 2022 – According to research conducted by Magid, NEXTGEN TV advertising, including Dolby commercials from a marketing campaign which debuted on local TV stations across the U.S., is resonating strongly with consumers.
News categories: Pearl TV, Dolby, Magid, Anne Schelle, Mathias Bendull, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
MediaTek TV SoC supports Dolby Vision IQ with Precision Detail
Mar 23, 2022 – MediaTek has announced that it is the first TV SoC vendor to support Dolby Vision IQ with Precision Detail. Precision Detail is a feature for TVs with Dolby Vision IQ, revealing detail in both bright and dark areas.
News categories: MediaTek, Dolby, Alex Chen, Mathias Bendull, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Smart TV, Worldwide
MPEG LA offers one-stop license for ATSC 3.0
Jan 20, 2022 – MPEG LA has announced the availability of its ATSC 3.0 Patent Portfolio License providing one-stop access to patents that are essential to the next generation broadcast standard developed by the Advanced Television Systems Committee (ATSC).
News categories: MPEG LA, Larry Horn, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Worldwide
HBO Max app now available on LG Smart TVs in the U.S.
Aug 3, 2021 – LG Electronics USA and WarnerMedia have announced that the HBO Max app is now available on LG Smart TVs in the U.S. LG Smart TV owners can now access HBO Max as part of the TV's webOS platform.
News categories: LG Electronics, WarnerMedia, HBO Max, Apps, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Harmonic adds public cloud support for Dolby Vision
Jul 15, 2021 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has implemented public cloud support for the delivery of Dolby Vision HDR live content. Harmonic has integrated Dolby Vision into its VOS cloud streaming platform and XOS software-based appliance.
News categories: Harmonic, Dolby, Stephane Cloirec, Jean-Christophe Morizur, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
ATEME live transcoder supports Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos
Jul 6, 2021 – ATEME has announced that it has integrated Dolby Vision HDR and Dolby Atmos immersive audio technologies into its TITAN Live solution, making it the first solution on the market to encode and deliver both experiences natively.
News categories: ATEME, Dolby, Thomas Burnichon, Jean-Christophe Morizur, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022
- Disney strikes streaming measurement deal with EDO
- ITV increases investment in InfoSum
- German study shows high losses from TV piracy
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
- Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022
- Unified TV ad measurement to be launched in Finland
- KPN introduces KPN TV+ streaming service
- ENENSYS releases ATSC 3.0 modulator for digital TV transmitters
- iWedia report reveals drivers behind set-top box OS selection
- Fabric acquires Internet Video Archive (IVA)
- MENA pay TV subscriptions to grow by 2 million over next 6 years
- Prime Video and DAZN sign global distribution partnership
- CIMM, 4A's and TVB looking at action plan for U.S. local TV measurement
- U.S. TV viewing remained high in December