Digital TV News: Dolby Laboratories
Harmonic adds public cloud support for Dolby Vision
Jul 16, 2021 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has implemented public cloud support for the delivery of Dolby Vision HDR live content. Harmonic has integrated Dolby Vision into its VOS cloud streaming platform and XOS software-based appliance.
News categories: Harmonic, Dolby, Stephane Cloirec, Jean-Christophe Morizur, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
ATEME live transcoder supports Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos
Jul 7, 2021 – ATEME has announced that it has integrated Dolby Vision HDR and Dolby Atmos immersive audio technologies into its TITAN Live solution, making it the first solution on the market to encode and deliver both experiences natively.
News categories: ATEME, Dolby, Thomas Burnichon, Jean-Christophe Morizur, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
Survey from Dolby reveals trends in home entertainment consumption
Nov 17, 2020 – Dolby (NYSE: DLB) has released findings from a global survey illustrating a shift in consumer entertainment behavior. The survey shows that consumers continue to want, demand, and are willing to spend more on enhanced experiences.
News categories: Dolby, Wakefield Research, John Couling, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
Synamedia joins Phoenix Model Market NEXTGEN TV initiative
Jan 6, 2020 – Synamedia has announced that it has entered a partnership with Pearl TV to join the Phoenix Model Market Initiative. Synamedia will provide encoding expertise and services and build future ATSC 3.0 applications based on market needs.
News categories: Synamedia, Pearl TV, Dave Longaker, Anne Schelle, ATSC 3, CES2022, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Encoding.com to show broadcast and OTT Cloud media processing at NAB 2019
Apr 4, 2019 – Encoding.com will announce at this year's NAB Show support for Apple ProRes encoding, Dolby Vision HDR transcoding, Nielsen CPVOD watermarking and ultra-fast processing for large video files via its proprietary chunk parallel processing technology.
News categories: Encoding.com, Jeff Malkin, Jean-Christophe Morizur, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Worldwide
Amazon introduces Fire TV Stick 4K and new Alexa Voice Remote
Oct 3, 2018 – Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) has announced the Fire TV Stick 4K, the most powerful streaming media stick available, plus a new Alexa Voice Remote. The Alexa Voice Remote is also available with the recently launched Fire TV Cube.
News categories: Amazon, Marc Whitten, John Couling, Canada, Digital TV, Germany, India, Japan, OTT, Set Top Box, UK, USA
Phoenix ATSC 3.0 'Model Market' on-air with UniMás programming
Apr 9, 2018 – The first next-generation TV signal in the Phoenix Model Market is 'on the air,' with KFPH-CD Channel 35, owned by Univision Communications now transmitting UniMás network programming using the new ATSC 3.0 standard.
News categories: Pearl TV, Univision, Anne Schelle, John Eck, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, USA
Dolby shows industry adoption of audio technologies at CES2018
Jan 9, 2018 – At CES, Dolby (NYSE:DLB) is showcasing a broad portfolio of audiovisual experiences across a range of price points and devices, driving Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos adoption in more markets with leading global partners.
News categories: Dolby, Kevin Yeaman, Blu-ray, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV
CTA predicts record U.S. sales in 2018 for AR/VR
Jan 4, 2018 – Augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) technologies are positioned for record growth in 2018, according to the CTA. And the latest exhibitor update on CES 2018 shows a record-setting footprint for both AR and VR.
News categories: Consumer Technology Association, Karen Chupka, Mark Turner, CES2022, USA, VR
- Magnite to manage ad placement for Brazil's NetMovies
- Acxiom and Totalplay to provide addressable audiences in Mexico
- Undertone launches CTV ad solution for improved consumer engagement
- More than seventy 8K TVs now certified by the 8K Association
- Ocean Blue Software acquires Advanced Media Group from EKT
- DVB approves commercial requirements for DVB-I over 5G
- V-Nova raises €33 million in series C round
- AT&T premium TV down 473k; Vrio down 239k; HBO up 3.6M video subs in 2Q 2021
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 62,000 in 2Q 2021
- Astro launches STB for TV without a satellite dish
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV solutions
- Freesat 4K STB receives EICS certification with DTG Testing
- Cox Media Group Local Solutions partners with Amazon Advertising
- Samba TV announces global TV viewership dashboard
- Sky Brasil's SKY Connect 4K Android TV DVR powered by Wyplay
- NBCUniversal adopts Ad-ID for its One Platform
- Redbox to expand free live TV content with Wurl
- ThinkAnalytics rebrands its suite as 'Think360'
- Grupo Werthein to buy AT&T's Vrio operations
- ITV and Sky upgrade their commercial partnership