Digital TV News: Dolby Laboratories
Survey from Dolby reveals trends in home entertainment consumption
Nov 17, 2020 – Dolby (NYSE: DLB) has released findings from a global survey illustrating a shift in consumer entertainment behavior. The survey shows that consumers continue to want, demand, and are willing to spend more on enhanced experiences.
News categories: Dolby, Wakefield Research, John Couling, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
Synamedia joins Phoenix Model Market NEXTGEN TV initiative
Jan 6, 2020 – Synamedia has announced that it has entered a partnership with Pearl TV to join the Phoenix Model Market Initiative. Synamedia will provide encoding expertise and services and build future ATSC 3.0 applications based on market needs.
News categories: Synamedia, Pearl TV, Dave Longaker, Anne Schelle, ATSC 3, CES2021, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Encoding.com to show broadcast and OTT Cloud media processing at NAB 2019
Apr 4, 2019 – Encoding.com will announce at this year's NAB Show support for Apple ProRes encoding, Dolby Vision HDR transcoding, Nielsen CPVOD watermarking and ultra-fast processing for large video files via its proprietary chunk parallel processing technology.
News categories: Encoding.com, Jeff Malkin, Jean-Christophe Morizur, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Worldwide
Amazon introduces Fire TV Stick 4K and new Alexa Voice Remote
Oct 3, 2018 – Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) has announced the Fire TV Stick 4K, the most powerful streaming media stick available, plus a new Alexa Voice Remote. The Alexa Voice Remote is also available with the recently launched Fire TV Cube.
News categories: Amazon, Marc Whitten, John Couling, Canada, Digital TV, Germany, India, Japan, OTT, Set Top Box, UK, USA
Phoenix ATSC 3.0 'Model Market' on-air with UniMás programming
Apr 9, 2018 – The first next-generation TV signal in the Phoenix Model Market is 'on the air,' with KFPH-CD Channel 35, owned by Univision Communications now transmitting UniMás network programming using the new ATSC 3.0 standard.
News categories: Pearl TV, Univision, Anne Schelle, John Eck, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, USA
Dolby shows industry adoption of audio technologies at CES2018
Jan 9, 2018 – At CES, Dolby (NYSE:DLB) is showcasing a broad portfolio of audiovisual experiences across a range of price points and devices, driving Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos adoption in more markets with leading global partners.
News categories: Dolby, Kevin Yeaman, Blu-ray, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV
CTA predicts record U.S. sales in 2018 for AR/VR
Jan 4, 2018 – Augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) technologies are positioned for record growth in 2018, according to the CTA. And the latest exhibitor update on CES 2018 shows a record-setting footprint for both AR and VR.
News categories: Consumer Technology Association, Karen Chupka, Mark Turner, CES2021, USA, VR
Dolby Vision comes to Vestel OLED and Ultra HD TVs
Nov 9, 2017 – Dolby (NYSE:DLB) and Vestel have announced that Dolby Vision will be featured across the entire range of Vestel’s Ultra HD (UHD) TV’s, including Vestel’s new range of OLED TVs.
News categories: Dolby Laboratories, Vestel, Giles Baker, Hakan Kutlu, Digital TV, Smart TV, Worldwide
Huawei and Dolby announce world’s first Dolby Vision STB for IPTV
Oct 24, 2017 – Huawei and Dolby (NYSE: DLB) have announced that the Huawei Q22 is the first IPTV set-top box in the world to support Dolby Vision HDR technology. Dolby Vision delivers greater brightness and contrast, as well as a fuller palette of rich colors.
News categories: Huawei, Dolby, Guipei Chen, Giles Baker, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system
- TeraVolt wins tender for development at ZDF Mediathek
- Ocilion delivers content recommendations with XroadMedia
- Mirada helps izzi bring Disney+ to Mexico
- Bitmovin adds VVC encoding support
- Verimatrix introduces watermarking for HTML5