Digital TV News: Empower
Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
Sep 20, 2023 – Skyline has announced that du has chosen its DataMiner Platform for its new Al Qudra teleport as well as for monitoring of its new broadcast center providing DTH, IPTV and OTT services.
News categories: Skyline, du, Ben Vandenberghe, Saleem AlBlooshi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, QoE, UAE
ZTE unveils updated Cloud PVP solution at IBC 2023
Sep 16, 2023 – ZTE (0763.HK/000063.SZ) unveiled its next-generation Cloud Premium Video Platform (PVP) at IBC. Türk Telekom is using the solution to provide advanced experiences for its viewers.
News categories: ZTE, Türk Telekom, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2023, IPTV, Turkey
Accedo brings AI-powered sports highlights to Accedo Launcher
Sep 17, 2023 – Accedo has partnered with Magnifi by VideoVerse to bring AI-powered sports highlights to its Accedo Launcher. Accedo Launcher is a customizable Android TV experience for set-top boxes.
News categories: Accedo, Magnifi, Bleuenn Le Goffic, Meghna Krishna, Android TV, Digital TV, IBC2023, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
NPAW introduces Nokia-developed video probe at IBC 2023
Sep 15, 2023 – NPAW has announced that it is to introduce the NPAW Device Probe (NDP), a tool previously developed by Nokia for quality assurance, integration testing, troubleshooting, and production of video solutions.
News categories: NPAW, Big Data, Digital TV, IBC2023, Middleware, QoE, Worldwide
iWedia technology integrated with the OBLO IoT platform
Sep 14, 2023 – iWedia and OBLO have partnered on a connected device solution, combining iWedia's Diagnostics System, WatchParty, Gamification, and User Engagement Monitoring with the OBLO IoT platform.
News categories: iWedia, OBLO, Hans-Jürgen Desor, Nikola Teslic, Digital TV, IBC2023, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Tata Elxsi and Ateme offer pre-integrated FAST deployment solution
Sep 13, 2023 – Tata Elxsi has announced an alliance with Ateme to deliver a pre-integrated FAST channel deployment solution, combining Tata Elxsi's OTT delivery platform with Ateme's SSAI technology.
News categories: Tata Elxsi, Ateme, KP Sreekumar, Ahmed Swidan, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Project launched to improve entertainment metadata management and delivery
Sep 13, 2023 – Fabric is collaborating with IMDb, FOX, Paramount, ITV, EIDR and Xperi on the Authenticated Data Specification (ADS) Accelerator Project, aiming to improve the management and delivery of accurate metadata for content.
News categories: Fabric, Tuncay Pervaz, Big Data, Digital TV, IBC2023, Worldwide
MainConcept combines immersive advertising with encoding efficiency
Sep 13, 2023 – MainConcept has announced it will showcase its new codec-based, server-side ad-technology at IBC. The technology allows personalized, overlay ads to be embedded into streams, at scale.
News categories: MainConcept, Thomas Kramer, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2023, Streaming, Worldwide
United Cloud selects Verimatrix for mobile app protection
Sep 13, 2023 – Verimatrix (Paris: VMX) has announced that United Cloud will deploy Verimatrix Extended Threat Defense (XTD) technologies to strengthen protections for its EON TV-branded TV 2.0 platform.
News categories: Verimatrix, United Cloud, Asaf Ashkenazi, Sergej Berisaj, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Streaming
- Ateme enables 5G Broadcast transmission in the U.S.
- Amazon announces Fire TV product updates
- TCL adds Fire TV options to U.S television portfolio
- Another slow year expected for AR/VR headsets
- Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
- Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
- TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework
- Allegro DVT launches video encoder IP for 4K/8K video
- AVOD revenues to hit $69 billion in 2029
- ZTE unveils updated Cloud PVP solution at IBC 2023
- Accedo brings AI-powered sports highlights to Accedo Launcher
- 76% of Nordic households now have an internet connected TV set
- TVMonaco chooses OKAST streaming platform
- DAZN Edge platform expands coverage in Europe with MainStreaming
- LG presents vision to become media and entertainment platform company
- UK PSBs developing broadband-delivered free TV service
- ZTE and Netgem collaborate on cloud gaming for Android TV
- Rokid shows portable Android TV device for AR glasses at IBC
- NPAW introduces Nokia-developed video probe at IBC 2023
- Eutelsat and ENENSYS show live DVB-NIP over 5G at IBC