Digital TV News: Empower
Disney Advertising expands deal with The Trade Desk
Jul 12, 2022 – Disney Advertising and The Trade Desk have reached an agreement to enable the integration of Disney's Audience Graph with the open-source identity framework, Unified ID 2.0, within a secure environment.
News categories: The Trade Desk, Rita Ferro, Tim Sims, Aaron LaBerge, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Worldwide
iQIYI implements Unified ID 2.0 identity framework
Jul 4, 2022 – The Trade Desk (NASDAQ: TTD) has announced that iQIYI (NASDAQ: IQ) has implemented Unified ID 2.0 on its international service. The new identifier works in most omnichannel environments, including OTT and CTV.
News categories: The Trade Desk, iQIYI, Doug Choy, Frankie Fu, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Bhimavaram Community Network chooses Skyworth for 4K RDK IPTV set-tops
Jun 29, 2022 – Skyworth Digital has announced that Bhimavaram Community Network (BCN) has chosen Skyworth Digital as the provider of Asia's first 4K RDK IPTV set-top box for access to BCN's digital entertainment services.
News categories: Skyworth Digital, Bhimavaram Community Network, Conditional Access, Digital TV, India, IPTV, RDK, Set Top Box
Irdeto announces results for its 2022 financial year
Jun 23, 2022 – Irdeto has announced results for its 2022 financial year. Irdeto Video Entertainment continued to grow its global footprint, bringing new innovations to the market and supporting the needs of its customers.
News categories: Irdeto, Doug Lowther, Advertising, Android TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, RDK, Results, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Frost & Sullivan names Samba TV #1 in TV viewership data capability
Jun 23, 2022 – Frost & Sullivan has released findings of an analysis assessing the capabilities of eight leading television data providers. The '2022 Frost Radar on Television Viewership Data Providers' found Samba TV to be the leader in TV data capabilities.
News categories: Samba TV, Frost & Sullivan, Ashwin Navin, Robert Cavin, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA, Worldwide
Tremor International makes strategic investment in VIDAA
Jun 21, 2022 – Tremor International (AIM/NASDAQ: TRMR) has agreed to make a $25 million investment in VIDAA. Over time, VIDAA will grant exclusivity to the Unruly SSP and Spearad ad server, and the companies have extended their agreement to share VIDAA ACR data.
News categories: Tremor International, VIDAA, Hisense, Ofer Druker, Guy Edri, Dr. Lan Lin, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, MandA, Smart TV, Worldwide
TelevisaUnivision and VideoAmp partner on audience measurement
Jun 21, 2022 – TelevisaUnivision and VideoAmp have announced a partnership in which TelevisaUnivision will use VideoAmp’s data to power its advanced advertising solutions. TelevisaUnivision will connect VideoAmp's data to its Hispanic household graph.
News categories: VideoAmp, TelevisaUnivision, Michael Parkes, Dan Aversano, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Innovid launches measurement platform for converged TV
Jun 15, 2022 – Innovid (NYSE: CTV) has announced the launch of a TV measurement platform for converged TV, InnovidXP – the first unified cross-platform solution directly integrated with ad serving data and creative personalization.
News categories: Innovid, Jo Kinsella, Celeste Castle, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
iWedia partners with Realtek to launch NextGen TV reference platform
Jun 7, 2022 – iWedia has partnered with Realtek to develop a reference platform to speed ATSC 3.0 deployment. The platform is based on Realtek's TV SoC and hardware platform integrated with the iWedia ATSC 3.0 broadcast/broadband stack and browser.
News categories: iWedia, Realtek, Hans-Jürgen Desor, Yee-Wei Huang, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Smart TV, USA
- Discovery+ launching on Sling TV and Dish TV
- FAST Channels TV provides linear channels for Digital TV Cyprus OTT platform
- Video streaming services lost further playtime per user in H1 2022
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes
- ADTH introduces ultra-compact USB ATSC 3.0 receiver
- ATSC 3.0-in-a-box from ENENSYS and Ateme powers WCRN Boston NEXTGEN TV
- Sinclair partners with Korean broadcasters to further NextGen broadcasting
- Linear TV viewing down as online long form viewing time continues to grow
- Auton and Anywave launch ATSC 3.0 broadcast internet test lab in Oregon
- OAN expands CTV reach with NetRange
- Liberty Global, Telefónica, InfraVia Capital to build fibre network in the UK