Digital TV News: Empower
Ampersand launches improved solution for multiscreen TV campaign measurement
Sep 16, 2021 – Ampersand has announced the availability of its Total TV Measurement solution for advertisers and agencies, unifying measurement of media delivery across its full footprint of multiscreen TV supply.
News categories: Ampersand, Andrew Ward, Brian McCord, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Rakuten and Telefónica launch event booking app on Movistar+ TV
Sep 15, 2021 – Rakuten and Telefónica have launched the Rakuten Living App on Movistar+ TV in Spain. Movistar Fusion customers with a UHD Decoder can now access an experience that connects online entertainment with offline events.
News categories: Telefónica, Rakuten, Antonio Guzmán, Cédric Dufour, Apps, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Spain
netplus.ch selects Agama for network monitoring and analytics
Sep 15, 2021 – netplus.ch has extended its Agama video analytics and monitoring solution with additional coverage in the head-end and to all types of OTT devices, providing a full view of video distribution in subscribers' homes.
News categories: Agama, netplus.ch, Johan Görsjö, Romain Lonfat, Digital TV, IPTV, QoE, Switzerland, TV Everywhere
ZEE5 harnesses customer data insights with CSG
Sep 14, 2021 – CSG (NASDAQ: CSGS) has announced that, using CSG's platform, ZEE5 has integrated its customer data into a single, unified platform that enables a data-driven approach to creating personalized customer experiences.
News categories: CSG, ZEE5, Ian Watterson, Big Data, Digital TV, India, Streaming, UX, Worldwide
Evergent subscription management for Astro's sooka OTT service
Sep 8, 2021 – Evergent has announced that Astro will use its customer management and monetization tools to support registration and subscription management for its new streaming service, sooka.
News categories: Evergent, Astro, sooka, Vijay Sajja, Euan Smith, Digital TV, Malaysia, Streaming
1Tennessee implements U.S. streaming solution from NAGRA
Sep 9, 2021 – 1Tennessee has selected the OpenTV Video Platform from NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) to deliver its IP-based multiscreen video service. The solution includes Harmonic cloud video, a CRM system from GLDS and Jackson Energy Authority's E+ Premier.
News categories: NAGRA, 1Tennessee, Xavier Fustagueras, John Warmath, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, USA
NetRange provides customisable Smart TV app portal for KTC
Sep 8, 2021 – NetRange has announced that it has renewed its partnership with KTC to provide KTC customers with a customisable Smart TV app portal offering for individual markets through the NetRange Smart TV App Store.
News categories: NetRange, KTC, Michi Uematsu, Lawsen Rao, Apps, China, Digital TV, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
WideOrbit integrates Comscore local market intelligence
Aug 12, 2021 – Comscore (NASDAQ: SCOR) has announced that it has signed an agreement for WideOrbit to integrate its 3-day television ratings delivery system to deliver measurement insights in a timelier fashion.
News categories: Comscore, WideOrbit, Bill Livek, Eric Mathewson, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Parrot Analytics helps inform YouTube and Google TV programming
Aug 9, 2021 – YouTube and Google TV have incorporated Parrot Analytics' global audience demand data and entertainment consulting services to help make insight-driven content decisions.
News categories: Parrot Analytics, Wared Seger, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
- UEI providing voice-enabled remote for Astro's Ultra set-tops
- Ross Video withdraws from IBC 2021 exhibition
- Comcast brings XiOne streaming box to the U.S.
- Liberty Global to sell UPC Polska to iliad’s Play subsidiary
- Subscription fatigue in Australia? Not yet but on the way
- Sofia Digital working on a central service list registry for DVB-I
- Sony Pictures Networks India and Zee Entertainment negotiating merger
- Roku's Shopify app enables small business TV ad campaigns
- Americans move from bingeing on TV to social media in 2021
- VideoElephant makes 150 linear video channels available for licensing
- Android TV in 25% of advanced set-top boxes
- Pure TV launches in Ireland based on the Netgem TV platform
- FreeWheel and Strategus unlock access to CTV inventory
- SVOD subscriptions in Eastern Europe to double
- Roku introduces 4K and 4K+ streaming sticks
- rlaxx TV to monetise linear ad breaks with smartclip
- Conviva releases State of Streaming: Content Discovery report
- Roku OS 10.5 to begin rollout in next few weeks
- Altice France to acquire Coriolis Telecom
- Eltrona launches TV+ with ocilion