Digital TV News: Entropic
MaxLinear announces Second Quarter 2015 results
Aug 10, 2015 – MaxLinear (NYSE:MXL) has announced results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2015 - the first quarterly results reflecting contribution from the acquisition of Entropic. Net revenue for the second quarter was $70.8 million.
News categories: MaxLinear, Kishore Seendripu, Cable Modem, Cable TV, DOCSIS, Gateway, LNB, Results, Satellite, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Entropic MoCA 1.1 designed into Coship Gateways and Adapters for China
Mar 25, 2015 – Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) has announced that its MoCA 1.1 solution has been selected by Coship to serve the China home networking market. The solution has been designed into Coship's G1200 gateway and MC1000W MoCA to Wi-Fi extender.
News categories: Entropic, Coship, Al Servati, Zero Wang, CCBN, China, Digital TV, Gateway, Semiconductor, Smart Home
MaxLinear to acquire Entropic
Feb 3, 2015 – MaxLinear (NYSE:MXL) and Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) have announced that they have signed an agreement for MaxLinear to acquire Entropic. Entropic shareholders will receive $1.20 per share in cash and 0.2200 shares of MaxLinear common stock for each Entropic common share outstanding.
News categories: MaxLinear, Entropic, Dr. Kishore Seendripu, Dr. Ted Tewksbury, Digital TV, MnA, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Worldwide
Entropic discontinues set-top box SoC product development
Nov 10, 2014 – In Entropic's (Nasdaq:ENTR) quarterly results, the company announced a refocused strategy and restructuring plan. Entropic will continue to pursue design wins with existing STB SoCs, but will discontinue all new set-top box SoC product development.
News categories: Entropic, Dr. Ted Tewksbury, Patrick Henry, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Entropic to explore strategic alternatives
Sep 16, 2014 – Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) has announced that its Board of Directors has authorized the evaluation of strategic alternatives to enhance shareholder value. The Company has engaged investment bank Barclays in connection with its efforts.
News categories: Entropic, Barclays, Patrick Henry, David Lyle, MnA, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Telefónica chooses Eagle Kingdom for PlayBOX OTT STB
Sep 15, 2014 – Eagle Kingdom Technologies (EKT) has won the bidding from Telefónica Spain to supply the new PlayBOX OTT Set Top Box (STB). Based on the advanced IPTV/OTT STB solution from EKT, Telefónica will deploy its OTT experience worldwide.
News categories: Eagle Kingdom, Telefónica, Richard Smith, Digital TV, Latin America, OTT, Set Top Box
LG CNS chooses Entropic SoC for India set-top box
Sep 13, 2014 – Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) has announced that LG CNS has chosen Entropic's EN7190 high-definition (HD) IP set-top box (STB) system-on-a-chip for LG CNS' IP Hybrid STB, the LCP3x0, targeting the transition from standard definition to HD TV viewing in India.
News categories: Entropic, LG CNS, Roger Gregory, Sanghun Lee, Digital TV, IBC2019, India, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
MARUSYS, Entropic show Kodi-based HD PVR and media player
Sep 12, 2014 – Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) has announced that MARUSYS has unveiled an HD PVR and media player based on the Kodi Entertainment Center (formerly known as Xbox Media Center or XBMC) open source platform, and using Entropic's EN7588 SoC.
News categories: Entropic, MARUSYS, Kodi Entertainment Center, Al Servati, Dr. Juha Park, Asia, Digital TV, DVR, Europe, IBC2019, Media Player, Middleware, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Novabase and Entropic launch DTAs to speed analog cable switchoff in Europe
Sep 12, 2014 – Novabase and Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) have announced a portfolio of Digital Transport Adapters (DTAs), powered by Entropic's EN7100-series of set-top box SoCs. The DTAs allow cable subscribers to keep watching their analog TV sets even when connected to an all-digital cable network.
News categories: Entropic, Novabase, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, IBC2019, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
- Disney+ available directly on VIZIO SmartCast TVs
- Comscore announces renewal with CBS TV stations
- TVSquared releases pan-European TV advertising performance analysis
- Imagine Communications agrees ad insertion deal with the NCTC
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 194,000 in 4Q 2019
- One third of Taiwanese online consumers have accessed TV piracy sites
- Redbox launch Redbox Free Live TV across the U.S.
- Cisco releases Annual Internet Report
- Pixelworks and Qualcomm integrate Live Local TV with 5G broadband
- Kantar to measure TV audiences for MINTIC in Colombia
- NCTC to offer discounted Amazon Fire TV devices to members
- Viu reaches 41.4 million monthly active users
- Roku ends 2019 with 36.9 million active accounts
- Online viewing continues to gain ground on traditional broadcast TV
- Vianeos provides revamped UX for Batelco TV in Bahrain
- VUALTO partners with ATEME for automated encoder integration
- STV selects Arqiva Hybrid TV Service for HD restart feature
- AfricaXP adds DTH capacity from Eutelsat for Sub-Saharan Africa
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 44k in 4Q 2019
- 'Tapering subscriber acquisitions' for Dish TV India in 4Q 2019