Digital TV News: Frog By Wyplay
ELSYS adds security camera support to STB based on Frog middleware
Dec 17, 2019 – Elsys has integrated a range of security video cameras on the Elsys TOTALMAX receiver powered by Frog, the Wyplay open source middleware. ELSYS developed and customized the middleware in partnership with Globo for its SAT HD Regional project.
News categories: Wyplay, Elsys, Jacques Bourgninaud, Damian Zisman, Brazil, CES2020, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Wyplay powers 4K Android IPTV STB from Proximus
Nov 28, 2018 – Proximus has introduced its V6 set-top box (STB) running Wyplay's latest generation Android software. Wyplay enabled Proximus to successfully transition from Linux to Android with a complete software solution and integration services.
News categories: Wyplay, Proximus, Jacques Bourgninaud, Belgium, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Canal+ unveils hybrid 4K ultra HD STB powered by Frog by Wyplay
Jan 25, 2018 – Canal+ Group has unveiled its new 4K ultra HD STB powered by Wyplay. Fully hybrid, with streams coming from satellite and internet, this new 4K ultra HD STB delivers a new user experience with an unrivalled fluidity.
News categories: Wyplay, Canal+ Group, Jacques Bourgninaud, Philippe Rivas, Digital TV, France, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box
Telefónica deploys IPTV STBs in Latin America with Wyplay
Jan 4, 2018 – Telefónica has announced the deployment of IPTV STBs in Latin America based on Frog Source software. Wyplay was selected by Telefónica to become part of the ecosystem of middleware component providers for Telefónica IPTV STBs.
News categories: Wyplay, Telefónica, Jacques Bourgninaud, Digital TV, IPTV, Latin America, Middleware, Set Top Box
RSCRYPTO joins Frog by Wyplay community, updates CA
May 19, 2017 – RSCRYPTO has announced that it has joined more than 150 companies in the Frog by Wyplay Community. At the same time it has launched its next generation CAS-PHI CAS 2.5 which enables operators to take control of their own security.
News categories: RSCRYPTO, Wyplay, Levent Le, Dominique Feral, China, Conditional Access, ConnecTechAsia, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Technicolor becomes Frog by Wyplay Community Member
May 16, 2017 – Wyplay has announced that Technicolor has become a Frog by Wyplay licensee. Technicolor has integrated Wyplay’s open source middleware in CPE offerings for pay TV operators in markets across Latin America, India and South East Asia.
News categories: Wyplay, Technicolor, Jacques Bourgninaud, Geneviève Pinvidic, Asia, Digital TV, India, Latin America, Middleware, Set Top Box
Alpha Networks, Spideo, and Wyplay to demonstrate E2E multiscreen at NAB 2017
Apr 11, 2017 – Alpha Networks, Spideo and Wyplay have announced a partnership where their technologies have been integrated to deliver Frog Premium, an end-to-end TV product, offering an attractive user experience on multiple devices.
News categories: Alpha Networks, Spideo, Wyplay, Kris Warreyn, Gabriel Mandelbaum, Dominique Feral, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, NABShow, Worldwide
Infomir and MathEmbedded to collaborate on STB UX design
Mar 3, 2017 – Infomir and MathEmbedded have announce the beginning of a project to port Frog by Wyplay to set-top boxes developed and manufactured by Infomir. MathEmbedded will help Infomir create the user experience for its STBs.
News categories: Infomir, MathEmbedded, Digital TV, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
Broadpeak nanoCDN integrated with Frog By Wyplay middleware
Jan 4, 2017 – Broadpeak and Wyplay have announced that they will unveil a joint solution at CES 2017. Broadpeak's nanoCDN technology has been integrated with Frog By Wyplay middleware on set-top boxes (STBs) to make multiscreen delivery scalable and affordable.
News categories: Broadpeak, Wyplay, Jacques Le Mancq, Dominique Feral, CES2020, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, Worldwide
- Disney+ available directly on VIZIO SmartCast TVs
- Comscore announces renewal with CBS TV stations
- TVSquared releases pan-European TV advertising performance analysis
- Imagine Communications agrees ad insertion deal with the NCTC
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 194,000 in 4Q 2019
- One third of Taiwanese online consumers have accessed TV piracy sites
- Redbox launch Redbox Free Live TV across the U.S.
- Cisco releases Annual Internet Report
- Pixelworks and Qualcomm integrate Live Local TV with 5G broadband
- Kantar to measure TV audiences for MINTIC in Colombia
- NCTC to offer discounted Amazon Fire TV devices to members
- Viu reaches 41.4 million monthly active users
- Roku ends 2019 with 36.9 million active accounts
- Online viewing continues to gain ground on traditional broadcast TV
- Vianeos provides revamped UX for Batelco TV in Bahrain
- VUALTO partners with ATEME for automated encoder integration
- STV selects Arqiva Hybrid TV Service for HD restart feature
- AfricaXP adds DTH capacity from Eutelsat for Sub-Saharan Africa
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 44k in 4Q 2019
- 'Tapering subscriber acquisitions' for Dish TV India in 4Q 2019