Digital TV News: High View
Red Bee, Nowtilus and Equativ launch FAST channels on LG Smart TVs with High View
Sep 29, 2022 – Red Bee Media, Nowtilus and Equativ (formerly Smart) have announced the launch of a jointly created FAST offering. High View is the debut customer, distributing the content on LG Smart TVs through LG Channels.
News categories: Red Bee Media, High View, LG Electronics, Nowtilus, Equativ, Steve Nylund, Alexander Trauttmansdorff, Chris Jo, Austria, Digital TV, Germany, Smart TV, Streaming, Switzerland
MultiChoice Group implements Irdeto Server Side Ad Insertion
Sep 8, 2022 – Irdeto has announced the rollout of Irdeto Server Side Ad Insertion (SSAI) by MultiChoice. Irdeto SSAI, launched to the market in January 2022, maximizes addressable live ad inventory of OTT video at scale while delivering a seamless ‘TV-like’ viewing experience.
News categories: Irdeto, MultiChoice, Shane McCarthy, Fahmeeda Cassim Surtee, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, South Africa
Wurl announces cable STB software partnerships
Sep 8, 2016 – Wurl has announced a series of partnerships with key providers of cable set-top software that will showcase Wurl TV Network broadband channels at this week's International Broadcasting Convention (IBC).
News categories: Wurl, Sean Doherty, Cable TV, Digital TV, IBC2022, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Wurl releases U.S. video viewing index
Sep 25, 2015 – Wurl has announced a video index that compares the usage of major video viewing services based on publicly available data. The index, referred to as 'AMOV', measures the average minutes of viewing by U.S. adults on each video platform, taking into account both usage and reach.
News categories: Wurl, Sean Doherty, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
DISH first with whole-home Netflix experience
Apr 14, 2015 – In an industry first, DISH has enhanced its whole-home entertainment offerings with the expansion of Netflix to its Joey clients. At the same time it has added the Vevo music video service to its Hopper HD DVR platform.
News categories: DISH Network, Netflix, Vivek Khemka, Bill Holmes, Apps, Digital TV, DVR, Satellite, Smart Home, Streaming, USA
FOXTEL Delivers Subscriber, Profit and TV Viewing Share Growth
Aug 13, 2008 – FOXTEL has announced steady growth in subscribers, improved profitability and solid revenue increases in the year ended 30 June 2008. As at 30 June 2008, FOXTEL had a total of 1.54m direct and wholesale subscribers (including installation queue).
News categories: FOXTEL, Australia, Cable TV, DVR, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
- Smart TV shipments in India up 38% YoY in Q3 2022
- VR device shipments to bounce back in 2023
- Seven Network partners with Imagine Communications
- Fixed Wireless Access forecast to top 300 million connections in six years
- Breezeline expands fiber services in New Hampshire
- U.S. consumers watch over six hours of video per week on their mobiles
- Semiconductor market expected to decline slightly in 2023
- 6G-Datacast.tv offers datacasting protocol for ATSC 3.0
- Bedrock powers RTL streaming service in Hungary
- KONKA plans GCC region expansion
- Dyn Media chooses Deltatre to deliver end-to-end OTT service
- Globecast providing cloud playout and distribution for EarthxTV
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue to fall 3.6% in 2023
- Mediaroom Play powers streaming experiences for more viewers in Canada
- DAZN and Irdeto fight piracy in premium sports
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $243 billion in 2028
- VEON to sell Russian operations to their management
- MASMEDIA TV selects StreamVX energy-efficient encoding
- Regional versions of BBC One HD to roll out in England by Spring 2023
- New TV apps for TF1 and RTBF powered by Dotscreen