Digital TV News: Hisense
Tremor International grows TV data reach to 44 million U.S. households
Feb 17, 2022 – Tremor International has announced the increased scale of its data-driven TV Intelligence solution. Its TV Intelligence footprint now reaches 44 million US households, with a dataset sourced from smart TVs and eighteen MVPD providers.
News categories: Tremor International, Jessica La Rosa, Yan Liu, Stuart Schwartzapfel, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Hisense selects NetRange Smart TV portal for VIDAA TVs
Feb 14, 2022 – NetRange has been chosen to provide content for a range of Hisense TVs powered by VIDAA OS. The NetRange Smart TV portal provides a wide variety of apps, including local language content for Europe, LATAM, SE Asia and the CIS markets.
News categories: ACCESS CO, VIDAA, Rajin Persaud, Shinji Hoshino, Apps, Digital TV, Smart TV, Worldwide
Hisense ULED ATSC 3.0 TVs to support Advanced HDR
Feb 3, 2022 – During CES, Hisense announced that it is collaborating with ATSC 3.0 and Advanced HDR by Technicolor for integration into upcoming ULED TVs. Consumers that tune in to Sinclair ATSC 3.0 stations on Hisense TVs will be able to enjoy TV transmitted in HDR.
News categories: Technicolor, Hisense, Sinclair Broadcast, Tony Bozzini, David Gold, Mark Aitken, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
VIDAA selects Unruly SSP and ad server to provide inventory access
Jan 13, 2022 – VIDAA has selected Unruly as its Sell-side Platform (SSP) enabling global access to its video and native display media. VIDAA will also integrate Unruly’s ad server to enable greater control over CTV ad delivery.
News categories: Unruly, VIDAA, Kenneth Suh, Guy Edri, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, Worldwide
NEXTGEN TV coalition highlights industry momentum at CES
Jan 5, 2022 – The coalition of U.S. broadcasters transitioning to NEXTGEN TV has applauded the plans announced during CES 2022 by Hisense and MediaTek, and new field test data recently achieved by Sony at the 'Motown 3.0 Open Test Track' in Detroit.
News categories: Pearl TV, MediaTek, Hisense, Sony Electronics, Anne Schelle, Alfred Chan, ATSC 3, CES2023, Digital TV, In-Car, Semiconductor, Smart TV, USA
Hisense unveils premium product lineup at CES 2022
Jan 4, 2022 – This year, Hisense is delivering bigger screens, upgraded technologies like ULED and Mini LED, content platforms and features such as Google TV and ATSC 3.0, and upgrades to smart home, audio and gaming features.
News categories: Hisense, David Gold, Android TV, ATSC 3, CES2023, Digital TV, Gaming, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA
Roku #1 TV streaming platform in Mexico
Nov 30, 2021 – Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in Mexico, based on hours streamed, according to a study from the Hypothesis Group. This leadership position comes as the company closes 2021 with 8 Roku TV partners in Mexico and the availability of the new Roku Streaming Stick 4K player.
News categories: Roku, Arthur van Rest, Digital TV, Market Research, Mexico, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming
VIDAA and Intertrust partner to secure broadcasting direct-to-TV
Nov 17, 2021 – VIDAA and Intertrust have announced the availability of Hisense smart TVs preloaded with Intertrust's content security for broadcast TV protection. The solution enables secure direct-to-TV broadcasting without the need for STBs or CAMs.
News categories: Intertrust, VIDAA, Kenny Huang, Guy Edri, Content Protection, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Tremor signs global partnership with VIDAA for ACR data
Oct 26, 2021 – Tremor International (AIM/NASDAQ: TRMR) has announced an exclusive partnership with VIDAA. The agreement sees Tremor's platform gain exclusive access to VIDAA's ACR data, both in the US and internationally.
News categories: Tremor, VIDAA, Ofer Druker, Guy Edri, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV, USA, Worldwide
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes
- ADTH introduces ultra-compact USB ATSC 3.0 receiver
- ATSC 3.0-in-a-box from ENENSYS and Ateme powers WCRN Boston NEXTGEN TV
- Sinclair partners with Korean broadcasters to further NextGen broadcasting
- Linear TV viewing down as online long form viewing time continues to grow
- Auton and Anywave launch ATSC 3.0 broadcast internet test lab in Oregon
- OAN expands CTV reach with NetRange
- Liberty Global, Telefónica, InfraVia Capital to build fibre network in the UK
- Kaltura confirms receipt of unsolicited proposal from Panopto
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 521,000 in 2Q 2022
- Freeview Play adds new content discovery tools