Digital TV News: Hisense
NexPlayer integrates with Verimatrix Streamkeeper and Watermarking
Sep 9, 2022 – Verimatrix (Paris:VMX) has announced that NexPlayer has integrated its NexPlayer multi-screen player SDK with the Verimatrix Streamkeeper Multi-DRM platform as well as its accompanying Verimatrix Watermarking tools.
News categories: Verimatrix, NexPlayer, Sebastian Braun, Carlos Lucas, Digital TV, DRM, Media Player, Watermarking, Worldwide
Pearl TV and iWedia fast track ATSC 3.0 A/344 development on Android TV
Sep 8, 2022 – Pearl TV and iWedia have launched a program that accelerates and streamlines the path for adoption of NEXTGEN TV technology by consumer electronic makers producing smart TVs and related devices at volume in the Android TV marketplace.
News categories: iWedia, Pearl TV, Hans-Juergen, Android TV, ATSC 3, Digital TV, IBC2022, Smart TV, USA
DTS Play-Fi wireless audio launching on Vestel and Philips TVs
Aug 31, 2022 – At IFA, attendees will be able to see Vestel's first DTS Play-Fi enabled TVs. In addition, DTS Play-Fi Home Theater for TVs is coming to Philips’ OLED+937, OLED807, and PUS8807 'The One' TV lines.
News categories: DTS, Dannie Lau, Digital TV, Europe, IFABerlin, Smart Home, Smart TV
Hisense lineup of NEXTGEN TVs comes to U.S. retail
Aug 23, 2022 – Pearl TV has announced that NEXTGEN TV models from Hisense, U7H and U8H, are now available at retail in the US. Hisense joins other manufacturers - Sony, Samsung and LG - that already have more than 70 models in stores.
News categories: Pearl TV, Hisense, Anne Schelle, David Gold, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
Roku introduces three more Roku TV partners in Mexico
Aug 18, 2022 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced the arrival of new Roku TV brands in Mexico, from Aiwa, Daewoo, and Sansui. This builds on the Roku TV offering currently available in the country.
News categories: Roku, Arthur Van Rest, Digital TV, Mexico, Smart TV, TV OS
Amagi to power VIDAA's global FAST service expansion
Aug 16, 2022 – Amagi has announced a content distribution agreement with VIDAA. The partnership gives VIDAA users in the Americas, Australia, and the UK access to Amagi's network of FAST channels and AVOD assets.
News categories: Amagi, VIDAA, Guy Edri, Srinivasan KA, Advertising, Australia, Digital TV, Europe, Latin America, Smart TV, Streaming, TV OS
Vewd acquired by Xperi
Jul 5, 2022 – Xperi (NASDAQ: XPER) has acquired Vewd Software for $109 million. The acquisition establishes Xperi as a leading independent streaming media platform through its TiVo brand and the largest independent provider of Smart TV middleware globally.
News categories: Xperi, Vewd, Jon Kirchner, Aneesh Rajaram, Digital TV, MandA, Middleware, Smart TV, TV OS, UX, Worldwide
FIFA+ to launch on Hisense VIDAA TVs ahead of World Cup
Jul 1, 2022 – FIFA+ is to launch on Hisense VIDAA-powered devices from this summer onwards. Hisense will make the new platform available on the company’s VIDAA-powered TVs, and will be downloadable directly on to devices.
News categories: FIFA, Hisense, Charlotte Burr, Guy Edri, Apps, Digital TV, Smart TV, Worldwide
Tremor International makes strategic investment in VIDAA
Jun 21, 2022 – Tremor International (AIM/NASDAQ: TRMR) has agreed to make a $25 million investment in VIDAA. Over time, VIDAA will grant exclusivity to the Unruly SSP and Spearad ad server, and the companies have extended their agreement to share VIDAA ACR data.
News categories: Tremor International, VIDAA, Hisense, Ofer Druker, Guy Edri, Dr. Lan Lin, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, MandA, Smart TV, Worldwide
- Bedrock migrates Videoland streaming subscribers to its latest platform
- Pixalate lists top CTV apps for October 2022
- El Financiero Bloomberg TV develops streaming app with TVCoins
- Garmin receives 2022 BMW Group Supplier Innovation Award
- In Sweden ad-supported video leads in weekly reach
- Accedo powers Janson Media direct-to-consumer streaming service
- Hisense second in global TV shipments
- DAZN now available on Foxxum CTV OS
- Amagi acquires Streamwise
- MyTV Super selects Witbe for production monitoring
- Better Software Group and Red Bee Media power Nordisk Film+
- Broadpeak simplifies content replacement at video service providers
- Hybrid AVOD-SVOD tiers to boost global AVOD revenues
- 12.5m consumer VR headsets to be sold in 2022
- U.S. TV usage rose again in October
- Samsung expands game streaming to more devices
- 83% of US internet households subscribe to at least one OTT service
- OMG first to integrate with TelevisaUnivision's household data graph
- SABC launches SABC+ streaming service
- VlogBox provides CTV content for Pzaz TV