Digital TV News: IBM
IBM extends Watson advertising AI to OTT media and streaming
Apr 29, 2021 – IBM (NYSE: IBM) has expanded its IBM Watson Advertising Accelerator with the aim of using AI to dynamically optimize OTT ads for improved campaign outcomes, not dependent on traditional advertising identifiers.
News categories: IBM, Xandr, David Olesnevich, Doug Hurd, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming
CTA announces return to Las Vegas for CES 2022
Apr 29, 2021 – The Consumer Technology Association (CTA) has announced that CES 2022 will return to Las Vegas next year. CTA will convene the tech industry in-person and digitally. CES heads back to Las Vegas Jan. 5-8, 2022.
News categories: Consumer Technology Association, Gary Shapiro, Karen Chupka, CES2022, COVID-19, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
Irdeto and IBM integrate video file transfer and forensic watermarking
Sep 3, 2020 – Irdeto's TraceMark for Distribution watermarking has been integrated with IBM’s Aspera on Cloud file transfer product. The combination offers the film industry an easy to implement solution in the fight against piracy.
News categories: Irdeto, IBM, Shane McCarthy, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Watermarking, Worldwide
MediaMath bidding infrastructure to integrate LiveRamp identities
Nov 5, 2019 – MediaMath has announced a partnership with LiveRamp (NYSE: RAMP). LiveRamp’s IdentityLink (IDL) will be integrated into MediaMath’s bidding infrastructure, providing marketers a best in class experience for targeting and measurement.
News categories: LiveRamp, MediaMath, Travis Clinger, Jeremy Steinberg, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Samsung joins the Alliance for Open Media Board of Directors
Apr 3, 2019 – The Alliance for Open Media (AOMedia) has announced that Samsung has joined at the Board-level, the first tier of the organization. AOMedia is a nonprofit organization formed with the aim to define and develop open standards for media compression and delivery over the web.
News categories: Alliance for Open Media, Samsung, Matt Frost, Seunghwan Cho, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, Streaming, TV Everywhere, Worldwide
MultiChoice lists on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange
Feb 27, 2019 – MultiChoice Group Limited (MCG) has listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE). The listed MCG includes MultiChoice South Africa (MCSA), MultiChoice Africa Holdings (MAH), Showmax, as well Irdeto, and all their subsidiaries and affiliates.
News categories: MultiChoice, Naspers, Irdeto, Calvo Mawela, Bob van Dijk, Africa, Content Protection, Digital TV, Finance, Satellite, South Africa, Streaming, Worldwide
Australia's Network 10 signs up with Lotame for audience data
Feb 19, 2019 – Network 10 has signed a partnership with data management platform Lotame as it continues to accelerate the roll out of its data solutions. The partnership gives 10 access to Lotame’s extensive third-party data sets.
News categories: Network 10, Lotame, Christian Williams, Luke Williams, Advertising, Australia, Big Data, Digital TV
Streaming Video Alliance publishes documents on ad delivery for OTT and 360°/VR
Sep 14, 2018 – The Streaming Video Alliance has announced the availability of two newly approved documents. The documents cover advertisement delivery across OTT and the current state of 360-degree video and best practices
News categories: Streaming Video Alliance, Jason Thibeault, Mourad Kioumgi, Brian Stevenson, Ori Finkelman, Eric Klein, Advertising, Digital TV, IBC, Streaming, VR, Worldwide
IBM Watson Media and IRIS.TV team up to launch AI-powered video recommendations
Sep 12, 2018 – IBM Watson Media (NYSE: IBM) and IRIS.TV has announced the launch of Video Recommendations, an AI content personalization engine designed to help publishers boost viewer engagement through highly relevant video programming recommendations.
News categories: IBM, IRIS.TV, David Mowrey, Richie Hyden, Big Data, Digital TV, Worldwide
- Megacable video subscribers up 59,000 in 3Q 2021
- Beijing Gehua Cable updates infrastructure with ATEME
- Ten million Freeview Play users in the UK
- Thailand pay TV revenues to grow to $1.1bn in 2026
- Cinedigm expands monetization opportunities with TheViewPoint
- Nielsen adds Roku to its Digital Content Ratings
- 71% of U.S. TV households have a live pay TV service
- TVSquared brings cross-platform measurement and attribution to the UK and Germany
- Tremor signs global partnership with VIDAA for ACR data
- HBO Max goes live in the Nordics and Spain
- 78% of households in Europe's Top 5 countries watch CTV
- Redbox completes business combination with Seaport Global Acquisition Corp.
- DTH subscribers up 290,000 in India in 2Q 2021
- Global IPTV subscriber numbers to overtake cable in 2026
- Sky Glass powered by Amlogic and RDK
- Panther Logistics appointed as delivery partner for Sky Glass
- VumaTV goes global with Red Bee Media
- Pixalate releases report on open programmatic CTV advertising trends
- Foxtel and ViacomCBS agree content distribution and apps deal
- BBC sets out path to Net Zero by 2030