Digital TV News: IHS Technology
Revenue from online advertising to overtake TV
Dec 30, 2016 – Big brand budgets and quadrennial events such as the Olympics, European Football Championship and US Presidential Election will drive 2016’s global advertising revenue growth to $532 billion, according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO).
News categories: IHS Markit, Eleni Marouli, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
EU cable TV continues to grow despite OTT competition
Dec 19, 2016 – The cable industry in the European Union has continued to grow amidst increasing competition from traditional and Over-The-Top (OTT) players, according to a report released by IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO).
News categories: IHS Markit, Maria Rua Aguete, Cable TV, Digital TV, EU, Market Research
Digital video software market to exceed $9 billion by 2021
Dec 7, 2016 – The video software market is expected to exceed $9 billion in revenue by 2021, according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO). The atomization of media distribution and the switch from hardware-based technology to cloud implementations are key drivers.
News categories: IHS Markit, Cecilia Zhu, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Market Research, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Netflix, Amazon outspend CBS, HBO and Turner on TV programming
Oct 17, 2016 – Online platforms Netflix and Amazon have ramped up their investment in programming, spending $7.5 billion last year—more than CBS, HBO, Turner and most countries, including South Korea and Australia.
News categories: IHS Markit, Tim Westcott, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
HDR TV shipments to grow to 4.3 million units in 2016
Oct 12, 2016 – HDR TV shipments will reach more than 4 million units in 2016 and growth to more than 30 million units by 2020, according to IHS Markit. The market for HDR compatible TVs will be as much as four times larger.
News categories: IHS Markit, Paul Gagnon, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Consumer spending on VR to hit $3.3 billion by 2020
Oct 6, 2016 – Aggressive promotional activity from smartphone vendors and the launch of premium smartphone VR solutions will help drive the installed base of VR headsets from 4 million in 2015 to 81 million in 2020, according to IHS Markit.
News categories: IHS Markit, Piers Harding-Rolls, Digital TV, Market Research, Metaverse, Worldwide
SVoD spending in Western Europe passed €2 billion in 2015
Sep 20, 2016 – Total spending on subscription video on demand (SVoD) in Western Europe broke the €2 billion mark in 2015 and is forecast to reach €3 billion by year-end 2016, according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO).
News categories: IHS Markit, Tania Loeffler, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, Streaming
Majority of Netflix subscribers to be outside US by 2018
Aug 23, 2016 – By 2018, the number of international Netflix subscribers will overtake the number of US domestic subscribers, according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO). The total number of Netflix subscribers grew 30 percent between 2014 and 2015 and is forecast to grow 21 percent in 2016.
News categories: IHS Markit, Irina Kornilova, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Subscribers, USA, Worldwide
Time spent watching TV went up in Italy and France in 2015
Jul 26, 2016 – IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) has announced findings from its study on TV viewing times across the UK, France, Germany, Italy and Spain. The report examined changes in television viewing behaviour across broadcast and digital platforms.
News categories: IHS Markit, Daniel Sutton, Digital TV, France, Germany, Italy, Market Research, Spain, UK
- Amagi to power VIDAA's global FAST service expansion
- SEI Robotics and 3SS power Tele2 Tv Hub Mini dongle
- Global installed base of smart home devices exceeds 2bn in 2022
- HBO Max to be available to KPN's broadband, TV and mobile customers
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost ~1,925,000 subscribers in 2Q 2022
- Pay TV revenues in Australia to continue to decline
- Samba TV enters Spanish market via partnership with Smartclip
- Ad-supported Disney+ tier to launch in the U.S. on December 8th
- Foxxum launches RDK-based OS for Connected TVs
- Gracenote enables optimized program metadata distribution
- VIZIO Account simplifies subscriptions for its Smart TV customers
- Discovery+ launching on Sling TV and Dish TV
- FAST Channels TV provides linear channels for Digital TV Cyprus OTT platform
- Video streaming services lost further playtime per user in H1 2022
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia