Digital TV News: Imagination Technologies
Skyviia Showcases Advanced Multi-Screen STB SoC Solutions at IBC 2012
Aug 16, 2012 – At IBC 2012, Skyviia Corporation will debut the company's performance-driven SV8870 multimedia System-on-Chip (SoC) as well as showing its globally deployed price-driven SV8860 HD multimedia decoder.
News categories: Skyviia, Digital TV, IBC, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Imagination announces 4K capable multicore video decoder IP
Mar 26, 2012 – Imagination Technologies has announced the PowerVR VXD395MP video decoder with support for resolutions up to 4Kx2K thanks to a unique multicore architecture. 4Kx2K video provides four times the volume of visual information as an HDTV.
News categories: Imagination Technologies, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
Renesas Introduces High-Performance and Compact SoC for High-End Hybrid Set-Top Box
Mar 19, 2012 – Renesas Electronics (TSE: 6723) has announced the availability of its new system-on-chip (SoC) for high-end set-top boxes (STBs) the R-Home S1, supporting both worldwide digital TV broadcast reception and Internet content distribution.
News categories: Renesas, CCBN, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Video Exchange
MobiTV Collaborates with TI to Deliver OMAP Platform-Based HD Content Streaming
Feb 27, 2012 – MobiTV has announced that it is collaborating with Texas Instruments (NYSE: TXN) to enhance delivery of secure HD content on multiscreen devices by optimizing its technology on TI's OMAP™ platform.
News categories: MobiTV, Texas Instruments, Content Protection, DRM, Middleware, Mobile, OTT, Semiconductor, Smartphone
Imagination's Ensigma UCCP330 delivers global broadcast TV demodulation plus Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
Jan 10, 2012 – Imagination Technologies (LSE:IMG) is demonstrating in silicon its latest Ensigma UCCP Series3 IP platform, a complete, licensable solution for world TV standard demodulation plus Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity, at CES 2012 in Las Vegas.
News categories: Imagination Technologies, CES2022, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
Mobile SoC TAM to Exceed 3.1 Billion Devices in 2015
Dec 14, 2011 – In-Stat forecasts that consumer's desire to be connected anywhere and anytime, and to any and every type of content, will push the mobile SoC TAM to over 3.1 billion devices in 2015, up from 2 billion in 2010.
News categories: In-Stat, Camcorder, Gaming, Market Research, Mobile, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Smartphone, Tablet
MStar licenses Imagination Technologies' PowerVR graphics IP
Sep 20, 2011 – Imagination Technologies (LSE: IMG) has signed a license agreement with MStar Semiconductor for IP from Imagination's PowerVR SGX Series5XT graphics family. MStar will deploy Imagination's technologies in SoCs targeting consumer markets.
News categories: Imagination Technologies, MStar Semi, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
Trident Announces New Generation of Advanced Set-Top Box SoCs
Sep 7, 2011 – Trident Microsystems (NASDAQ: TRID) has unveiled a new generation of high-performance set-top box (STB) system-on-a-chip (SoC) designed for the worldwide satellite, cable, and IPTV markets.
News categories: Trident Micro, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Sigma Designs and MIPS Technologies Strengthen Relationship Targeting Development of Next-Generation Connected Devices
Dec 21, 2010 – MIPS Technologies (Nasdaq:MIPS) has announced that Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has reaffirmed its commitment to the MIPS® architecture with a new license agreement. The agreement encompasses a broad spectrum of MIPS32® cores.
News categories: MIPS Technologies, Sigma Designs, Licensing, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
- Magnite to manage ad placement for Brazil's NetMovies
- Acxiom and Totalplay to provide addressable audiences in Mexico
- Undertone launches CTV ad solution for improved consumer engagement
- More than seventy 8K TVs now certified by the 8K Association
- Ocean Blue Software acquires Advanced Media Group from EKT
- DVB approves commercial requirements for DVB-I over 5G
- V-Nova raises €33 million in series C round
- AT&T premium TV down 473k; Vrio down 239k; HBO up 3.6M video subs in 2Q 2021
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 62,000 in 2Q 2021
- Astro launches STB for TV without a satellite dish
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV solutions
- Freesat 4K STB receives EICS certification with DTG Testing
- Cox Media Group Local Solutions partners with Amazon Advertising
- Samba TV announces global TV viewership dashboard
- Sky Brasil's SKY Connect 4K Android TV DVR powered by Wyplay
- NBCUniversal adopts Ad-ID for its One Platform
- Redbox to expand free live TV content with Wurl
- ThinkAnalytics rebrands its suite as 'Think360'
- Grupo Werthein to buy AT&T's Vrio operations
- ITV and Sky upgrade their commercial partnership