Digital TV News: Imagination Technologies
Skyviia Showcases Advanced Multi-Screen STB SoC Solutions at IBC 2012
Aug 16, 2012 – At IBC 2012, Skyviia Corporation will debut the company's performance-driven SV8870 multimedia System-on-Chip (SoC) as well as showing its globally deployed price-driven SV8860 HD multimedia decoder.
News categories: Skyviia, Digital TV, IBC, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Imagination announces 4K capable multicore video decoder IP
Mar 26, 2012 – Imagination Technologies has announced the PowerVR VXD395MP video decoder with support for resolutions up to 4Kx2K thanks to a unique multicore architecture. 4Kx2K video provides four times the volume of visual information as an HDTV.
News categories: Imagination Technologies, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
Renesas Introduces High-Performance and Compact SoC for High-End Hybrid Set-Top Box
Mar 19, 2012 – Renesas Electronics (TSE: 6723) has announced the availability of its new system-on-chip (SoC) for high-end set-top boxes (STBs) the R-Home S1, supporting both worldwide digital TV broadcast reception and Internet content distribution.
News categories: Renesas, CCBN, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Video Exchange
MobiTV Collaborates with TI to Deliver OMAP Platform-Based HD Content Streaming
Feb 27, 2012 – MobiTV has announced that it is collaborating with Texas Instruments (NYSE: TXN) to enhance delivery of secure HD content on multiscreen devices by optimizing its technology on TI's OMAP™ platform.
News categories: MobiTV, Texas Instruments, Content Protection, DRM, Middleware, Mobile, Semiconductor, Smartphone, Streaming
Imagination's Ensigma UCCP330 delivers global broadcast TV demodulation plus Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
Jan 10, 2012 – Imagination Technologies (LSE:IMG) is demonstrating in silicon its latest Ensigma UCCP Series3 IP platform, a complete, licensable solution for world TV standard demodulation plus Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity, at CES 2012 in Las Vegas.
News categories: Imagination Technologies, CES2022, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
Mobile SoC TAM to Exceed 3.1 Billion Devices in 2015
Dec 14, 2011 – In-Stat forecasts that consumer's desire to be connected anywhere and anytime, and to any and every type of content, will push the mobile SoC TAM to over 3.1 billion devices in 2015, up from 2 billion in 2010.
News categories: In-Stat, Camcorder, Gaming, Market Research, Mobile, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Smartphone, Tablet
MStar licenses Imagination Technologies' PowerVR graphics IP
Sep 20, 2011 – Imagination Technologies (LSE: IMG) has signed a license agreement with MStar Semiconductor for IP from Imagination's PowerVR SGX Series5XT graphics family. MStar will deploy Imagination's technologies in SoCs targeting consumer markets.
News categories: Imagination Technologies, MStar Semi, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
Trident Announces New Generation of Advanced Set-Top Box SoCs
Sep 7, 2011 – Trident Microsystems (NASDAQ: TRID) has unveiled a new generation of high-performance set-top box (STB) system-on-a-chip (SoC) designed for the worldwide satellite, cable, and IPTV markets.
News categories: Trident Micro, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Sigma Designs and MIPS Technologies Strengthen Relationship Targeting Development of Next-Generation Connected Devices
Dec 21, 2010 – MIPS Technologies (Nasdaq:MIPS) has announced that Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has reaffirmed its commitment to the MIPS® architecture with a new license agreement. The agreement encompasses a broad spectrum of MIPS32® cores.
News categories: MIPS Technologies, Sigma Designs, Licensing, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
- Wurl offers global FAST channel distribution for content companies
- Accedo and Nreal bring streaming to lightweight AR glasses
- HBO up 1.9 million; Vrio down 178,000 video subs in 3Q 2021
- RTL Group and Amobee to form TechAlliance addressable TV JV
- Claro Box TV streaming in Colombia powered by Harmonic
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 68,000 in 3Q 2021
- Vodafone España provides real-time accurate EPG with Alpha Networks and MediaData TV
- Vewd and Mediatek bring entertainment to vehicle rear-seats
- Conviva expands into advertising audience measurement
- C Spire to acquire Troy Cablevision
- Software Freedom Conservancy sues Vizio for GPL violations
- Altibox Android TV service goes live with 3SS and Technicolor
- Sunrise UPC launches yallo TV in Switzerland
- ATEME embeds Viaccess-Orca contribution watermarking
- Deloitte releases results of Digital Media Trends Fall Pulse survey
- RFE receives Android TV Operator Tier certification for IPTV STB
- Disney+ coming to Hisense and Toshiba TVs with VIDAA Smart OS
- Tremor International acquires Spearad
- TekSavvy TV footprint expands across Canada
- Airtel launches Video Platform as a Service product