Digital TV News: Kabel Deutschland
RDK now on more than 60 million devices
Mar 19, 2020 – RDK Management has announced that RDK software now powers more than 60 million devices deployed by service providers around the world. RDK is an open source software platform that standardizes core functions used in broadband, video, and IoT connected devices.
News categories: RDK Management, Steve Heeb, Cable TV, Digital TV, Market Research, RDK, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Over 50 million RDK device deployments
Jun 5, 2019 – At ANGA COM 2019, RDK Management shared details about the adoption of RDK open source software used to power customer-premises equipment from video and broadband services providers worldwide. The number of RDK devices deployed is now over 50 million.
News categories: RDK Management, Steve Heeb, ANGA COM, Digital TV, Gateway, Market Research, Middleware, Worldwide
More than 40 million devices now running RDK
Mar 20, 2018 – At the 2018 Connected TV World Summit, RDK Management provided its annual update about the adoption of the RDK software used to power customer-premises equipment (CPE) from video and broadband services providers worldwide.
News categories: RDK Management, Steve Heeb, Digital TV, Market Research, RDK, Worldwide
RDK now powers 25 million STBs and broadband gateways
May 17, 2017 – At the 2017 Connected TV World Summit, RDK Management provided an update on the adoption of RDK (Reference Design Kit) software. RDK now powers more than 25 million set-top boxes and broadband gateways globally.
News categories: RDK Management, Steve Heeb, Cable TV, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Market Research, RDK, Worldwide
3SS updates UI for Kabel Deutschland Select Video VOD service
News categories: 3 Screen Solutions, Kabel Deutschland, Kai-Christian Borchers, Hagen Bossert, Cable TV, Digital TV, Germany, Set Top Box, UX
Vodafone TV service to launch in UK in Q1 2016
Nov 10, 2015 – Vodafone has announced results for the six months ended 30 September 2015. In Europe, the company had 9.2 million TV customers at the end of the period. Vodafone launched consumer broadband in the UK in October, with a TV service to follow.
News categories: Vodafone, Germany, IPTV, Results, Spain, Subscribers, UK
Pay TV providers embrace OTT video and 'skinny' bundles
May 21, 2015 – The global pay TV services market, including cable TV, satellite TV, telco TV and over-the-top (OTT) video, totaled $237 billion in 2014, up 7 percent from the previous year, according to the 2015 IHS Infonetics Pay TV Services and Subscribers report.
News categories: Infonetics, Jeff Heynen, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite, TV Everywhere, Worldwide
Kabel Deutschland selects Kaltura to power its TV App
Feb 9, 2015 – Kaltura has announced that Kabel Deutschland has selected Kaltura OTT TV to power its TV App. The first phase of the multi-screen TV service includes live TV for iOS devices.
News categories: Kaltura, Kabel Deutschland, Ron Yekutiel, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Germany, TV Everywhere
Kabel Deutschland reports 4Q 2014 results
Feb 4, 2015 – Kabel Deutschland has released results for the quarter ended December 31, 2014. In Premium TV, Kabel Deutschland recorded 55 thousand RGU net additions in the third quarter of fiscal year 2014/15.
News categories: Kabel Deutschland, Cable TV, Germany, Results, Subscribers
- Highest ever Samsung Smart TV sales in 3Q 2020
- Orange France delivers targeted ads with SoftAtHome video player
- Velocix unveils cloud-native video personalisation service
- DIRECTV GO now available in Brazil
- VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
- XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5
- Ericsson predicts 40% of mobile subscriptions in 2026 will be 5G
- Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- Bitmovin and OKAST team up to deliver live and VOD streaming
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic