Digital TV News: Kaon Media
3SS and KAON to power Android TV services from Allente
Oct 12, 2020 – 3SS and KAONMEDIA (KOSDAQ: KAON MEDIA) have announced that Allente, the entity resulting from the merger between Viasat Consumer and Canal Digital, is to deploy KAON STBs and middleware with 3SS-enabled viewing experiences.
News categories: 3SS, KAONMEDIA, Kai-Christian Borchers, Tom Buhl, Jon Espen Nergård, Android TV, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Norway, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Sweden, UX
NCTC agrees terms with KAONMEDIA for Android STBs
Apr 22, 2020 – The NCTC, representing more than 750 U.S. broadband and cable operators, has completed an agreement with Kaon Media under which NCTC member operators will receive preferred pricing on Kaon's KSTB2020 Android STB and voice-enabled remote control.
News categories: NCTC, KAONMEDIA, Steve Beardslee, Eric Hybertson, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
Kaon unveils RDK Video Accelerator set-top box
Sep 10, 2019 – KAONMEDIA (KOSDAQ: KAON MEDIA) has become a member of the RDK Video Accelerator program with the introduction of its RDK Video Accelerator set-top box. The box comes pre-integrated with the RDK application framework and the Metrological App Store.
News categories: Kaon, RDK, CM KIM, Steve Heeb, Cable TV, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, USA, Worldwide
Kaon Media cuts time-to-market by selecting Vewd
Oct 4, 2017 – Vewd has announced that Kaon Media has selected Vewd products for its next generation of set-top boxes. Kaon selected Vewd for two reasons: its ability to cut time-to-market significantly, and support for what OTT TV operators want to offer.
News categories: Vewd, Kaon Media, Aneesh Rajaram, Chulmin Kim, Digital TV, HTML5, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Stofa selects Irdeto to protect new Android set-top box
Apr 6, 2017 – Irdeto has announced that Stofa has selected Irdeto Cloaked CA to securely deliver content through its upcoming Android set-top box (STB). The box was developed in cooperation with Google and Kaon Media.
News categories: Irdeto, Stofa, Kaon, Doug Lowther, Ole Fruekilde Madsen, Android TV, Cable TV, Content Protection, Denmark, Digital TV, Set Top Box
Stofa selects iWedia Android TV for new 4K Box
Mar 30, 2017 – iWedia has announced that its Teatro-3.5 solution for Android TV has been chosen by Stofa to operate its next-gen TV box. The software runs on a quad cable tuner 4K STB provided by Kaon Media.
News categories: iWedia, Stofa, KaonMedia, Nikola Teslić, Android TV, Cable TV, Denmark, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Video Exchange
ALi chipset enables Adrenio STB deployments in Switzerland
Sep 9, 2015 – ALi Corporation has announced that it is collaborating with Adrenio to deploy high definition set-top boxes in Switzerland. Adrenio is a professional digital TV solution provider and system integrator serving about 200 independent cable operators in Switzerland.
News categories: ALi Corp, Adrenio, KAON Media, Tony Chang, Thomas Muehlehaler, IBCShowcase, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Switzerland
KAON to distribute Frog by Wyplay pre-integrated on its STBs
Sep 7, 2015 – Wyplay and Kaon Media (KOSDAQ: KAON MEDIA) have announced their collaboration on the Frog Turnkey solution. Wyplay will be providing its Frog turnkey solution pre-integrated on KAON devices and KAON will bundle it in its offers to pay TV operators in key growth markets such as Eastern Europe or Africa.
News categories: Wyplay, KAON, Jacques Bourgninaud, Tom Buhl, Africa, Europe, IBCShowcase, Middleware, Set Top Box
Verimatrix chosen for Digicel Play HD digital entertainment service
Jun 2, 2015 – Verimatrix has announced that Digicel New Media Ventures has deployed the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS) for DVB to protect its Digicel Play high definition digital entertainment service offering.
News categories: Verimatrix, Digicel, Steve Oetegenn, Alan Constant, Caribbean, Central America, ConnecTechAsia, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Oceania, Satellite, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
- NEXTGEN TV launches on six local TV stations in Mobile-Pensacola
- Comscore ad marketplace for Connected TV goes global
- Foxtel selects TiVo to power voice search
- Applicaster technology stack accelerates video app development
- AT&T U.S. down 627k; Vrio up 229k video subs in 3Q 2020
- Q1-Q3 2020 Smart TV sales up 14% in Germany
- Technicolor teams with Google to promote hybrid Android TV devices
- BitRouter releases ATSC3pro receiver software update
- Deutsche TV-Plattform launches CI+ 2.0 initiative
- Ultra HD Forum updates Guidelines and plans watermarking API
- WarnerMedia RIDE streaming comes to AT&T-connected GM vehicles
- U.S. has close to 300 OTT video services
- ENENSYS ATSC 3.0 solution deployed by SEI and VSatcast
- Sinclair acquires two TV stations in Washington, DC
- FreeWheel releases H1 2020 U.S. Video Marketplace Report
- Eutelsat selected by Kabelio for new Swiss HD platform
- RCN, Grande and Wave launch TiVo Stream 4K
- Nielsen to measure CTV campaigns on YouTube & YouTube TV
- Tata Elxsi selected as certified 3PL partner for Google Widevine
- 58 million U.S. broadband households to be MVPD-free by 2025