Digital TV News: Liberty Global
Sunrise deploys Media Distillery to enhance TV user experience
Jun 28, 2022 – Media Distillery has announced that Sunrise has deployed its EPG Correction Distillery. Thanks to the technology, the operator’s DTV subscribers with the latest generation TV box now see accurate EPG start- and end-times for programmes.
News categories: Media Distillery, Sunrise, Liberty Global, Roland Sars, Tina Rodriguez, Chris van der Linden, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, Switzerland, UX
Penthera improves streaming quality with intelligent buffering
May 25, 2022 – Penthera has announced PlayAssure, software that builds a more extensive real-time buffer of video on streaming devices. This improves video quality and reduces or eliminates rebuffering due to unreliable networks.
News categories: Penthera, Brian Kline, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, Streaming, Worldwide
Liberty Global video subscribers down 21,900 in Q1 2022
May 10, 2022 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ:LBTYA, LBTYB, LBTYK) has announced its Q1 2022 results. Organic video subscriber losses at continuing operations were 21,900 in the quarter. VodafoneZiggo video subscribers were down 24,500 over the same period.
News categories: Liberty Global, Mike Fries, Belgium, Cable TV, Digital TV, Ireland, Netherlands, Poland, Results, Slovakia, Subscribers, Switzerland
Liberty Global completes sale of UPC Poland to Iliad
Apr 1, 2022 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB and LBTYK) has completed the previously announced sale of UPC Poland to iliad S.A.’s Polish mobile subsidiary Play for an enterprise value of PLN 7.0 billion ($1.7 billion)
News categories: Liberty Global, iliad, Cable TV, Digital TV, MandA, Poland
Liberty Global reports Q4 2021 results
Feb 17, 2022 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ:LBTYA, LBTYB, LBTYK) has announced its Q4 2021 results. Organic video subscriber losses at continuing operations were 19,400 in the quarter. VodafoneZiggo video subscribers were down 24,900 over the same period.
News categories: Liberty Global, Belgium, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Ireland, Netherlands, Results, Slovakia, Subscribers, Switzerland, UK
ANGA COM to return in May
Feb 14, 2022 – ANGA COM is to make a comeback on 10 to 12 May 2022 in Cologne. Gross exhibition space for the first 300 exhibitors is already more than 20,000 sqm with the total space of European and North American exhibitors already at the level of 2019.
News categories: ANGA COM, Dr. Peter Charissé, ANGA COM, Digital TV, Germany, Worldwide
Telenet extends agreement with Liberty Global for Horizon 4 platform
Dec 20, 2021 – Telenet (Brussels: TNET) has announced a one-year extension of its agreement with Liberty Global Technology Services under which the Horizon 4 video platform and the related Horizon Go application is made available to the Telenet group.
News categories: Telenet, Liberty Global, Apps, Belgium, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
Oct 14, 2021 – According to Dataxis, the pay TV market in Europe is expected to slowly recover from the blow it suffered during the pandemic. Pay TV revenues in Europe should reach €33 billion in 2025, eventually topping its 2019 level.
News categories: Dataxis, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Terrestrial
Liberty Global to sell UPC Polska to iliad’s Play subsidiary
Sep 22, 2021 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB, LBTYK) has reached a definitive agreement to sell its operations in Poland to iliad's Polish mobile subsidiary Play. UPC Poland has 1.4 million video subscribers.
News categories: Liberty Global, iliad, Play, UPC Polska, Mike Fries, Cable TV, Digital TV, MandA, Poland
- Nielsen Admosphere to implement cross-platform TV audience measurement in the Czech Republic
- ASTA-NET selects CryptoGuard to secure IPTV services in Poland
- Redge Technologies extends contract with TVN Warner Bros. Discovery
- ViX+, TelevisaUnivision’s premium SVOD tier, debuts on July 21
- Eurofins releases updated NEXTGEN TV logo certification test suite
- Xfinity Stream app launches on Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD
- Tencent Video available in NetRange Smart TV app store
- Gibtelecom launches new TV platform with Netgem
- izzi adds anti-piracy and extended threat defense technologies from Verimatrix
- MEO deploys Velocix CDN and cloud-native VRM platforms
- AminoOS deployed to Vodafone Iceland’s legacy Samsung STBs
- Bhimavaram Community Network chooses Skyworth for 4K RDK IPTV set-tops
- Synaptics selects Allegro DVT VVC compliance streams
- NextGen TV launches in Shreveport, LA
- Sunrise deploys Media Distillery to enhance TV user experience
- Vewd brings in-vehicle streaming to Renesas R-Car automotive chipsets
- Omdia expects pay TV & online video subscriptions to pass 3 billion in 2027
- SeaChange Advanced Advertising Platform selected by Armstrong and BEAM
- U.S. streaming video consumers becoming more price sensitive
- SES-22 to launch on June 29th