Digital TV News: Magyar Telekom
ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
Feb 1, 2023 – ThinkAnalytics grew aggressively in 2022 with revenue growth of 30% year on year. New customer signings included Bell Canada, BritBox, Crunchyroll, Telus, Sony Pictures, Magyar Telekom, and MBC Group.
News categories: ThinkAnalytics, Eddie Young, Greg Riker, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Europe, North America, Results, UX, Worldwide
Magyar Telekom selects ThinkAnalytics for content discovery and targeted promotions
Dec 5, 2022 – ThinkAnalytics has announced that Magyar Telekom has chosen its Think360 platform for personalized recommendations, targeted promotions, and viewer engagement across its TV and OTT services.
News categories: ThinkAnalytics, Magyar Telekom, Samuel Sweet, Big Data, Digital TV, Hungary, IPTV, UX
Magyar Telekom adds 20,424 TV subscribers in 3Q 2021
Nov 9, 2021 – Magyar Telekom (Reuters: MTEL.BU; Bloomberg: MTELEKOM HB) has reported results to end-September 2021. The company added 19,948 cable, DTH and IPTV subscribers in Hungary and 476 IPTV subscribers in North Macedonia in the third quarter.
News categories: Magyar Telekom, Cable TV, Digital TV, Hungary, IPTV, Macedonia, Satellite, Subscribers
Magyar Telekom adds 12,935 TV subscribers in 2Q 2021
Aug 10, 2021 – Magyar Telekom (Reuters: MTEL.BU; Bloomberg: MTELEKOM HB) has reported results to end-June 2021. The company added 11,764 TV subscribers in Hungary and 1,171 in North Macedonia in the second quarter.
News categories: Magyar Telekom, Cable TV, Digital TV, Hungary, IPTV, Macedonia, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
Yes DTH extends service agreement with Spacecom
Jul 12, 2021 – Spacecom (Tel Aviv: SCC) has signed a two-year extension deal with D.B.S. Satellite Services, operator of Yes DTH in Israel, to continue the DTH's operations from AMOS-7 and AMOS-3 at 4°W.
News categories: Spacecom, D.B.S. Satellite Services, Dan Zajicek, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Israel, Satellite
Magyar Telekom extends AMOS-3 DTH agreement with Spacecom
Jul 5, 2021 – Spacecom (Tel Aviv: SCC) has announced that T-Home DTH has signed an extension contract with Spacecom. T-Home DTH broadcasts over 160 channels to Hungary, including over 30 in HD, via the AMOS fleet at the 4°W.
News categories: Spacecom, Magyar Telekom, Oren Tepper, Dan Zajicek, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Hungary, Satellite
Magyar Telekom to deploy MediaKind’s cloud-based TV platform
Apr 4, 2019 – MediaKind has announced that Deutsche Telekom (DT) has chosen to extend its partnership with MediaKind via the deployment of a multi-tenant next generation cloud TV platform. The first DT subsidiary to operate the new platform will be Magyar Telekom in Hungary.
News categories: MediaKind, Magyar Telekom, Damien Montessuit, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Hungary, IPTV, UX
Magyar Telekom deploys Harmonic encoding solution for its IPTV service
Jun 13, 2018 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that Magyar Telekom has deployed Harmonic's EyeQ content-aware encoding solution for its IPTV service. Harmonic's reseller Yazoo ensured the smooth deployment of the project.
News categories: Harmonic, Magyar Telekom, Yazoo, Ian Graham, ANGA COM, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Hungary, IPTV
Hungary adds 49,000 digital pay TV subscribers in 2Q 2016
Jul 29, 2016 – According to Hungary’s Office of the National Media and Infocommunications Authority (NMHH), in June 2016, the number of households with digital television subscriptions was 2,397,850, up 49,002 from 2,348,848 at the end of March 2016.
News categories: NMHH, Cable TV, Digital TV, Hungary, IPTV, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial
- Rakuten TV VOD now available via Zattoo on 1&1 in Germany
- Tele Columbus goes live with PŸUR TV STB featuring 3SS UX
- Two more Miami TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Gracenote launches automotive infotainment metadata platform
- YMEDIA launches tokenized AI Smart TV ad network
- Barb awards metadata, interim overnight programme and commercial logs contracts
- FreeWheel and OrkaTV bring FAST channel access to advertisers
- América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
- Tele Columbus taps Simply.TV for advanced metadata
- AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
- TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
- Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023