Digital TV News: Media Broadcast
SMIT to supply Irdeto CAM for Germany's freenet DTT
Jun 8, 2016 – SMIT (stock code: 2239) has announced that they have partnered with Irdeto to supply a CI Plus Module with Irdeto Cloaked CA to Germany's network operator MEDIA BROADCAST ahead of its new freenet TV DTT service launch.
News categories: SMIT Holdings, Irdeto, MEDIA BROADCAST, Brenda Bai, Steeve Huin, CAM, Digital TV, Germany, Terrestrial
SERAPHIC HTML5 browser selected by Skyworth for HbbTV 2.0 markets
May 20, 2016 – Skyworth Digital has announced a collaboration with SERAPHIC to deploy its Sraf HTML5 Browser to meet Pay TV Operator requirements to provide interactive HD services such as HbbTV 1.5, HbbTV 2.0, YouTube 2016 and OTT TV.
News categories: SERAPHIC, Skyworth Digital, Darrell Haber, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, HTML5, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Genius Digital to provide audience analytics for Malaysia's Astro
Mar 23, 2016 – Genius Digital has announced that it has been deployed by leading Malaysian media broadcaster, Astro, to provide real-time audience behaviour data to enable the operator to deliver more compelling and profitable TV services.
News categories: Genius Digital, Astro, Tom Weiss, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Malaysia
Econet to launch Kwesé TV in South Africa before August this year
Mar 17, 2016 – The English Premier League has announced that it has awarded the exclusive rights to broadcast Free To Air (FTA) for the next three seasons to the Econet Wireless Group which is launching a satellite and Internet broadcasting network this year under the brand Kwesé TV.
News categories: Econet Wireless, Digital TV, Satellite, South Africa
freenet to launch pay TV after MEDIA BROADCAST acquisition
Mar 3, 2016 – freenet AG has announced that it is acquiring all the shares of the MEDIA BROADCAST Group. By introducing paid access television services, freenet AG intends to use its trading experience to build up the new private-customer business
News categories: freenet, MEDIA BROADCAST, Christoph Vilanek, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, Terrestrial
EUTELSAT 9B on track for 28 January launch
Jan 15, 2016 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) has announces that the EUTELSAT 9B satellite is on track for launch by an ILS Proton rocket on 28 January. EUTELSAT 9B is a high-capacity Ku-band satellite for the 9° East position that sits at the crossroads of Europe’s leading video neighbourhoods.
News categories: Eutelsat, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Satellite
DVB-T2/HEVC trial to begin in North-Rhine Westphalia
Aug 13, 2015 – Media Broadcast and German public broadcaster, WDR, have announced the start of a DVB-T2/HEVC trial in the region of North-Rhine Westphalia. The trial, covering both static and mobile reception, will begin on August 18th.
News categories: DVB-T2 HD Deutschland, WDR, MEDIA BROADCAST, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Germany, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
MEDIA BROADCAST chooses Irdeto for broadcast and multiscreen security
Jun 9, 2015 – Irdeto has announced a new deployment with Germany's MEDIA BROADCAST. The Irdeto Integrated Management System provides a hybrid platform which allows MEDIA BROADCAST to manage content security across broadcast and internet networks targeting multi-screen devices.
News categories: Irdeto, MEDIA BROADCAST, NEOTION, Doug Lowther, Wolfgang Breuer, ANGA COM, CAM, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Germany, HbbTV, Mobile, Terrestrial
MEDIA BROADCAST awarded DVB-T2 operator licence for Germany
Mar 17, 2015 – Germany's State Media Authorities have awarded MEDIA BROADCAST the contract to provide the country's DVB-T2 DTT platform. Construction of the new platform will begin in spring of 2016.
News categories: MEDIA BROADCAST, Wolfgang Breuer, Michael Moskob, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Germany, Terrestrial
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion