Digital TV News: Motorola
LG Channels availability to grow from 14 to 25 countries
Aug 10, 2021 – LG is expanding LG Channels availability from 14 to 25 countries, tripling its European coverage by the end of the year. LG Channels will also be coming to smart TVs powered by its webOS TV platform.
News categories: LG Electronics, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Smart TV, Streaming, UX, Worldwide
MediaTek MT9602 Smart TV SoC launches with Flipkart in India
Oct 8, 2020 – MediaTek has unveiled a Smart TV SoC MT9602 for 4K HDR displays. The SoC delivers real-time video optimization, with improved picture and audio quality using AI, HDMI 2.1a and global HDR support, and AV1 & AVS2 decoding.
News categories: Mediatek, Flipkart, Mike Chang, Dev Iyer, Digital TV, ICs, India, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
India TV shipments climb to a record 15 Million units in 2019
Mar 17, 2020 – Shipments of TVs in India grew 15% annually to reach a highest-ever 15 million units in 2019, according to Counterpoint. The growth is mainly driven by budget smart TVs with 32" TVs the leading segment and penetrating sub-US$150 price bands.
News categories: Counterpoint, Karn Chauhan, Debasish Jana, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Smart TV
Global 5G smartphone shipments to reach 5 million units in 2019
Apr 17, 2019 – According to Strategy Analytics, global smartphone shipments will reach a modest 5 million units in 2019. Early 5G smartphone models will be expensive and available in limited volumes. Samsung, LG and Huawei will be the early 5G smartphone leaders this year, followed by Apple next year.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Ken Hyers, Ville Petteri-Ukonaho, Neil Mawston, 5G, Market Research, Smartphone, Worldwide
Zodiac partners with MediaKind
Sep 13, 2018 – Zodiac has announced that it has partnered with MediaKind. Zodiac’s software platform enables MediaKind’s MediaFirst TV user experience (UX) to run on any digital set-top box, new or old, via a software update only and with no need for a truckroll.
News categories: Zodiac, MediaKind, Rich Neill, Gowton Achaibar, Digital TV, IBC2023, IPTV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, USA, Worldwide
Irdeto to protect video in PlayKids app
Mar 3, 2016 – Irdeto has announced Movile, a developer of mobile content and commerce platforms in Latin America, has selected Irdeto Rights to manage the multi-DRM support and content protection of its PlayKids platform.
News categories: Irdeto, Movile, Alexandra Larsson, Eduardo Henrique, Apps, Content Protection, DRM, Latin America
Amazon intros 4K Ultra HD Fire TV STB and Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote
Sep 17, 2015 – Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) has introduced the next generation of Fire TV -- the Amazon Fire TV with support for 4K Ultra HD, and the Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote. Amazon Fire TV is half the price of any other 4K Ultra HD streaming media player.
News categories: Amazon, Jeff Bezos, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
SmartLabs upgrades IPTV service at Georgia's Caucasus Online
Jan 27, 2015 – SmartLabs has announced the implementation of its interactive TV solution at Caucasus Online and the migration of the existing subscriber base to an upgraded TV service. Caucasus Online is Georgia’s leading broadband provider.
News categories: SmartLabs, Caucasus Online, Mikhail Grachev, Nikolai Tchiaureli, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Georgia, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Worldwide CE market forecast to grow 4.5% this year
Dec 18, 2014 – Futuresource Consulting has published its annual global overview of the consumer electronics industry. According to the company, 2014 has been a difficult ride for many segments of the market, but overall there has been growth.
News categories: Futuresource, Market Research, Worldwide
- TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework
- Allegro DVT launches video encoder IP for 4K/8K video
- AVOD revenues to hit $69 billion in 2029
- ZTE unveils updated Cloud PVP solution at IBC 2023
- Accedo brings AI-powered sports highlights to Accedo Launcher
- 76% of Nordic households now have an internet connected TV set
- TVMonaco chooses OKAST streaming platform
- DAZN Edge platform expands coverage in Europe with MainStreaming
- LG presents vision to become media and entertainment platform company
- UK PSBs developing broadband-delivered free TV service
- ZTE and Netgem collaborate on cloud gaming for Android TV
- Rokid shows portable Android TV device for AR glasses at IBC
- NPAW introduces Nokia-developed video probe at IBC 2023
- Eutelsat and ENENSYS show live DVB-NIP over 5G at IBC
- Pixalate introduces Apple TV CTV trends report
- Hybrid AVOD-SVOD revenues to triple to $20 billion by 2029
- Tata Elxsi and INVIDI partner on addressable advertising for Pay-TV operators
- Sercomm unveils RDK Video Accelerator STB based on Broadcom BCM72126
- DAZN expands anti-piracy capabilities with Irdeto forensic watermarking
- iWedia, Synaptics and OBLO measure user engagement with content and ads