Digital TV News: Multimedia Research Group
ZTE and Telkom Indonesia to establish IP-video Joint Innovation Center
Mar 11, 2015 – ZTE (0763.HK / 000063.SZ) has announced that the company will set up a Joint Innovation Center with Telkom Indonesia to focus on the development of Internet Protocol-based video technologies.
News categories: ZTE, Telkom Indonesia, Digital TV, Indonesia, IPTV, OTT
ZTE launches MeBox IPTV + OTT dual-mode set-top box
Mar 19, 2014 – ZTE (0763.HK/000063.SZ) has launched the ZTE MeBox, an IPTV+OTT dual-mode set-top box (STB), at TV Connect 2014. The ZTE MeBox STB (model number ZXV10 B760E) is an embedded audio/video decoding device based on the open Android platform.
News categories: ZTE, Frank Fang, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT, Set Top Box, Video Exchange, Worldwide
ZTE ranked no. 1 in IPTV middleware, VOD and STBs
Mar 4, 2014 – ZTE (0763.HK/000063.SZ) has been ranked number one globally in three major market segments: middleware, video-on-demand (VOD), and set-top boxes (STB) in the IPTV Global Market Leader Report issued by MRG.
News categories: ZTE, Multimedia Research Group, Frank Fang, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Home media gateway shipments to surpass 24 million in 2017
Nov 11, 2013 – According to the latest report from MRG, in 2013, global unit shipments of home media gateway products are on track to reach nearly 10 million, a solid increase from the 7.7 million units that shipped in 2012.
News categories: Multimedia Research Group, SNL Kagan, Mike Paxton, Digital TV, Gateway, Market Research, Mobile, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Verimatrix Enhances Revenue Security for AXTEL's IPTV service
Apr 2, 2013 – Verimatrix has announced that AXTEL has chosen its VCAS™ for IPTV to secure its service, which combines IPTV broadcast channels with video-on-demand, a network-based PVR and interactive content via IP, along with access to free-to-air DTT broadcasts channels.
News categories: Verimatrix, AXTEL, Content Protection, Digital TV, IPTV, Mexico, NABShow
Volia Selects Minerva Platform to Offer Multiscreen Television Services
Mar 20, 2013 – Minerva Networks has announced that Volia has deployed Minerva iTVFusion for its advanced TV services. The system will enable the Ukrainian operator to offer pay TV services over third-party broadband networks, significantly increasing its service footprint.
News categories: Minerva, Volia, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Ukraine
Zenverge to demonstrate Gateway Applications and HD HEVC Transcoding in Las Vegas
Jan 3, 2013 – Zenverge has announced that it will be demonstrating operator gateway solutions and industry-first, real-time HD HEVC transcoding technology at The Palazzo® hotel in Las Vegas, Jan 8-10, concurrent with CES 2013.
News categories: Zenverge, CES2021, Gateway, Placeshifting, Semiconductor
MRG Ranks Global IPTV Market Leaders
Nov 6, 2012 – MRG has released its annual IPTV Market Leader Report (MLR) which identifies the companies leading each of six IPTV market segments: access systems, video headends, VOD server software, set-top boxes, middleware, and content protection/DRM.
News categories: MRG, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, IPTV, Market Research, Middleware, Set Top Box
Verimatrix Selected to Secure Telefonica del Sur's Digital IPTV Service
Apr 16, 2012 – Verimatrix has announced that Telsur of Chile has selected the Verimatrix Video Content Authority (VCAS™) 3 solution to secure its IPTV service. Telsur selected VCAS™ for IPTV as a replacement for its existing conditional access system (CAS).
News categories: Telefónica del Sur, Verimatrix, Chile, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, NABShow, Set Top Box
- MENA pay TV revenues continue to fall
- FCA first automotive OEM with Alexa Custom Assistant
- Firstlight Media and NPAW optimise CDN switching for OTT providers
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product
- LG announces 2021 NEXTGEN TVs
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers unchanged YoY at 7.35 million
- Nordic consumers’ media spend unaffected by the pandemic
- Amazon launches mobile-only video plan in India
- VUALTO event orchestration and DRM chosen for ITV Hub VOD delivery
- Nielsen now tracking premium theatrical films on VOD platforms
- rlaxx TV now available on Amazon Fire TV and Android TV
- SK Broadband selects NAGRA forensic watermarking for IPTV STBs
- MovieLabs updates Enhanced Content Protection specification
- 24i integrates Float Left Roku framework with its app platform