Digital TV News: Naspers
Multichoice Africa DTH reaches 1 million subscribers in 3Q09
Nov 26, 2009 – Naspers (JSE: NPN)(LSE:NPSN) has announced results for the six months ended 30 September 2009. In South Africa the base grew by 238,000 to 2,639,000 households. In the rest of sub-Saharan Africa the base grew by 114,000 to 1,030,000 homes.
News categories: Naspers, MultiChoice, Irdeto, Angola, CAM, Conditional Access, Content Protection, DVR, Ghana, Kenya, Middleware, Namibia, Nigeria, Results, Satellite, South Africa, Subscribers, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Naspers Limited Interim Results
Nov 26, 2008 – Naspers (JSE:NPN, LSE:NPSN) has announced its results for the six months ended September 2008. Pay-television (Multichoice) recorded exceptionally strong growth of 171,000 new subscribers. Irdeto shipped 8.3m units in 1H FY08.
News categories: Naspers, Multichoice, Irdeto, Angola, Conditional Access, Content Protection, DRM, Ghana, Kenya, Middleware, Mobile, Namibia, Nigeria, Results, Satellite, South Africa, Subscribers, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Irdeto Selected By Leading Taiwanese Media Operator To Secure Digital TV Migration For One Million Subscribers
Oct 28, 2008 – Irdeto (JSE: NPN) has signed a deal to deliver its latest DVB-C conditional access (CA) technology to Taiwan-based multi-system operator, Taiwan Fixed Network (TFN) Media, a subsidiary of Taiwan Mobile.
News categories: Irdeto, Taiwan Fixed Network, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Taiwan
Irdeto Leads Southeast Asia's Pay-TV Conditional Access Market
Oct 28, 2008 – Irdeto (JSE: NPN) has the largest market share of new pay-TV subscribers in Southeast Asia's conditional access (CA) market according to leading independent research firm Media Partners Asia.
News categories: Irdeto, Media Partners Asia, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Indonesia, Market Research, Thailand
Naspers Provisional Results for the Financial Year Ended 31 March 2008
Jun 25, 2008 – Naspers (JSE: NPN) has reported a 19% increase in revenue to R20,5 billion. Over the period the total pay-TV subscriber base grew by 13% (246,000 additional equated homes) to 2,5 million subscribers under management.
News categories: Naspers, Angola, Cyprus, Digital TV, DVR, Ghana, Greece, Kenya, Mobile, Namibia, Nigeria, Results, Satellite, South Africa, Subscribers, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Irdeto Showcases OMA BCAST Integration with LG Electronics
Feb 12, 2008 – Irdeto, a Naspers (JSE: NPN) subsidiary, will demonstrate the integration of its mobile TV conditional access (CA) solution based on the OMA BCAST standard with the latest mobile handsets from LG Electronics at Mobile World Congress (MWC) 2008.
News categories: Irdeto, LG Electronics, Conditional Access, Mobile, MWC22
Monic@sh and MTN Select Irdeto to Secure Mobile Broadcast TV Services in the Ivory Coast
Feb 11, 2008 – Irdeto, a subsidiary of multinational media group Naspers (JSE: NPN), has announced a deal to secure mobile broadcast TV services across the MTN Côte d'Ivoire network in the West African nation.
News categories: Irdeto, Monic@sh, MTN Côte d'Ivoire, CAM, Conditional Access, Côte d'Ivoire, Digital TV, Mobile, MWC22
Irdeto Mobile TV Security Solution Now Available on Giesecke & Devrient Mobile TV microSD™ Cards
Feb 11, 2008 – Irdeto, a subsidiary of multinational media group Naspers (JSE: NPN), and Giesecke & Devrient (G&D), the world's second largest manufacturer of smart cards, have announced the successful integration of Irdeto's security solution on G&D's Mobile TV Card.
News categories: Irdeto, Giesecke & Devrient (G&D), CAM, Conditional Access, Mobile, MWC22
Oberthur Technologies and Irdeto Demonstrate Innovation in Mobile TV
Feb 10, 2008 – Irdeto, a subsidiary of Naspers (JSE: NPN), and Oberthur Technologies completed successfully the demonstration of an end-to-end OMA BCAST Smart Card Profile interoperability test at the recent mobile TV Test Fest organized by the Open Mobile Alliance.
News categories: Irdeto, Oberthur Technologies, CAM, Conditional Access, DRM, MWC22
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes
- ADTH introduces ultra-compact USB ATSC 3.0 receiver
- ATSC 3.0-in-a-box from ENENSYS and Ateme powers WCRN Boston NEXTGEN TV
- Sinclair partners with Korean broadcasters to further NextGen broadcasting
- Linear TV viewing down as online long form viewing time continues to grow
- Auton and Anywave launch ATSC 3.0 broadcast internet test lab in Oregon
- OAN expands CTV reach with NetRange
- Liberty Global, Telefónica, InfraVia Capital to build fibre network in the UK
- Kaltura confirms receipt of unsolicited proposal from Panopto
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 521,000 in 2Q 2022
- Freeview Play adds new content discovery tools