Digital TV News: ONO
Hulu subscribers up 30% YoY; adds ad partnerships
May 4, 2016 – Hulu has announced that its subscriber base has grown over 30% year over year and will reach 12 million subscribers in the U.S. by this month. Hulu also unveiled new content deals and advertising partnerships with Nielsen and Millward Brown.
News categories: Hulu, BrightLine, Millward Brown, Mike Hopkins, Peter Naylor, Advertising, Digital TV, OTT, Subscribers, USA
Vodafone adds 200,000 TV customers in 4Q 2015
Feb 4, 2016 – Vodafone has released a trading update for the quarter ended 31 December 2015. The company ended the year with 9.4 million TV customers up from 9.2 million at the end of September.
News categories: Vodafone, Cable TV, Germany, IPTV, Results, Spain, Subscribers
Vodafone TV service to launch in UK in Q1 2016
Nov 10, 2015 – Vodafone has announced results for the six months ended 30 September 2015. In Europe, the company had 9.2 million TV customers at the end of the period. Vodafone launched consumer broadband in the UK in October, with a TV service to follow.
News categories: Vodafone, Germany, IPTV, Results, Spain, Subscribers, UK
Four million international subscribers for TiVo
Nov 9, 2015 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that the company has surpassed 4 million international subscriptions through its traditional TiVo offering, as the result of accelerated subscription growth in Europe.
News categories: TiVo Inc, David Sandford, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Spain, Subscribers, Sweden, UK
Vodafone ends Q1 with 9.1 million TV customers in Europe
May 19, 2015 – Vodafone has announced results for the year ended 31 March 2015. At the end of the period, the company had 11.3 million broadband customers and 9.1 million TV customers in Europe.
News categories: Vodafone, Cable TV, Europe, IPTV, Results, Spain, Subscribers, UK
Spain's ONO to upgrade to latest TiVo APIs
Mar 2, 2015 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that, after the acquisition of ONO by Vodafone Spain, ONO's Intelligent TV service will be expanded in Spain and TiVo's platform will be upgraded to take advantage of TiVo's latest generation of capabilities.
News categories: TiVo Inc, Vodafone, David Sandford, Patricia Ferruz, Cable TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Spain
Subscriber numbers to fall for 40 of Europe's Pay TV operators
Oct 8, 2014 – A report from Digital TV Research forecasts that subscriber numbers will fall for 40 of Europe's pay TV operators between 2013 and 2020.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Cable TV, Digital TV, Digital TV Research Reports, Europe, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial
ONO taps TiVo's cloud services
Sep 13, 2014 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) and Spain's ONO have announced an expansion of their successful TiVo deployment by leveraging TiVo's cloud service APIs to enhance customers' TV viewing experience on multiple screens.
News categories: TiVo Inc, Grupo Corporativo ONO, David Sandford, Nick Ontiveros, Apps, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Spain, TV Everywhere
Elemental powers Kansai TV Over-the-Air ISDB-T broadcast in 4K/HEVC
May 29, 2014 – Elemental has announced that Kansai TV, the leading commercial broadcaster in Osaka, has used Elemental video processing to encode 4K content in HEVC for terrestrial broadcast delivery over ISDB-T to an Ultra HD TV.
News categories: Elemental Technologies, Kansai TV, CTCSP, Koichi Ono, Keith Wymbs, Content Distribution, Digital TV, ISDB-T, Japan, Terrestrial
- Comscore to offer cross-platform movie measurement
- Sales of Smart TVs up 20% in Germany in 2020
- RTL AdConnect and smartclip team up on addressable advertising
- TV markets growing in Central Asia driven by OTT and mobile
- Competition driving OTT TV & video subscription growth
- WarnerMedia taps Alpha Networks to power UX for Toonami Max
- Wyplay becomes Alexa Solution Provider
- Sky Media appoints TVbeat as TV data verification partner
- Amazon wins as British viewers are desperate for more sport
- Netflix releases 4Q 2020 results
- Pearl TV broadcasters welcome FCC easing of SFN regulations
- Paramount+ from ViacomCBS to launch on March 4th
- Firstlight Media builds OTT platform on Google Cloud
- Cogeco EPICO IPTV service launched
- Enghouse and Access Communications offer hosted TV services in Canada
- MENA pay TV revenues continue to fall
- FCA first automotive OEM with Alexa Custom Assistant
- Firstlight Media and NPAW optimise CDN switching for OTT providers
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement