Digital TV News: OPPO
Globecast, Viaccess-Orca and MainStreaming announce end-to-end OTT platform
Jun 17, 2021 – Globecast has partnered with Viaccess-Orca (VO) and MainStreaming to provide an end-to-end OTT platform, app and associated backend infrastructure, to help customers with their ongoing digital transformation.
News categories: Globecast, MainStreaming, Viaccess-Orca, Alessandro Alquati, Antonio Corrado, Philippe Leonetti, Apps, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
Mola chooses Broadpeak CDN for live sports streaming in Indonesia
Jun 17, 2021 – Broadpeak has announced that Mola has deployed its advanced CDN, BkM100 video delivery manager, and BkS400 HTTP video cache servers to optimize the delivery of ABR live sports streaming content.
News categories: Broadpeak, Mola, Jacques Le Mancq, Ching Ping Lee, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Indonesia, OTT
NEXTGEN TV Broadcast Collaborative to bring ATSC 3.0 to Washington D.C.
Jun 16, 2021 – An effort is underway to launch NEXTGEN TV in the U.S. capital, with Howard University's WHUT serving as the host station for broadcasts for five local affiliate stations of national broadcast networks.
News categories: Howard University, Pearl TV, National Association of Broadcasters, Wayne A. I. Frederick, Anne Schelle, Sam Matheny, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Conviva publishes first State of Streaming Advertising report
Jun 15, 2021 – Conviva has released its inaugural State of Streaming Advertising report, revealing gaps in how publishers, buyers and consumers perceive streaming ads, and what this means for the streaming ad industry.
News categories: Conviva, Keith Zubchevich, Scott McDonald, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, QoE, Worldwide
TiVo signs MobiTV agreement with the NCTC
Jun 15, 2021 – TiVo (Nasdaq: XPER) has announced that it has signed an agreement with the NCTC, giving NCTC members the opportunity to continue to receive the MobiTV IPTV service, now owned and operated by TiVo.
News categories: Xperi, NCTC, Jeffrey Glahn, Rich Fickle, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, USA
KBS selects ATEME broadcast encoders
Jun 15, 2021 – ATEME has announced that Korean broadcaster KBS has selected ATEME’s Kyrion encoders to update its legacy infrastructure, enabling broadcasting in high-quality MPEG-2 HD.
News categories: ATEME, KBS, Boyang An, Su-ho Park, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Korea
Elliptic Labs to trial presence detection and gestures for Smart TV
Jun 11, 2021 – Elliptic Labs (Euronext Growth: ELABS.OL) has signed a PoC with a manufacturer for the implementation of presence detection and touchless gestures in Smart TVs using its AI Virtual Smart Sensor Platform.
News categories: Elliptic Labs, Laila Danielsen, Digital TV, Smart Home, Smart TV, Worldwide
Carbon Trust releases white paper on CO2 impact of streaming
Jun 11, 2021 – The Carbon Trust has published a white paper examining the carbon impact of streaming VOD to enable future decisions to be based on informed understanding of the methods, complexity, and uncertainties involved.
News categories: Carbon Trust, DIMPACT, Andie Stephens, Glynn Roberts, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, UK, Worldwide
Vewd offers ATSC 3.0 integration options
Jun 10, 2021 – Vewd has announced an ATSC 3.0 middleware integration option for Vewd OS, Vewd Broadcast Plus and Vewd Core, shortening time-to-market for TV and set-top box manufacturers launching NEXTGEN TV devices.
News categories: Vewd, Omdia, Aneesh Rajaram, Paul Gray, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
- TCL launches Roku TV models in the UK
- OTTera powers gTV by Ubisoft channel on Samsung TV Plus
- Globecast, Viaccess-Orca and MainStreaming announce end-to-end OTT platform
- Mola chooses Broadpeak CDN for live sports streaming in Indonesia
- NEXTGEN TV Broadcast Collaborative to bring ATSC 3.0 to Washington D.C.
- Ericsson publishes 2021 Mobility Report
- DataMiner manages ARD's Euro 2020 live OTT broadcasts
- Freecaster secures Live and VOD content with BuyDRM
- Conviva publishes first State of Streaming Advertising report
- TiVo signs MobiTV agreement with the NCTC
- KBS selects ATEME broadcast encoders
- Amino working with PCCW Media to renew Now TV UX
- Zappware-powered A1 Xplore TV comes to Fire TV sticks
- SES renews Comcast Technology Solutions distribution agreement
- Riivi chooses Norigin Media for Smart TV app testing
- NexStreaming releases NexPlayer for Nintendo Switch
- Elliptic Labs to trial presence detection and gestures for Smart TV
- Carbon Trust releases white paper on CO2 impact of streaming
- ZEE5 to launch in the U.S. on June 22
- Piracy still a major challenge in the Nordics