Digital TV News: OPPO
Kineton and SmarDTV demonstrate OpApp & CAM at 9th HbbTV Symposium
Nov 24, 2021 – Kineton and SmarDTV Global have demonstrated, during the 9th HbbTV Symposium, a Smart TV combined with an HbbTV OpApp. The installation of the HbbTV OpApp is automatically launched by a CAM, with the OpApp fully operator branded.
News categories: SmarDTV, Kineton, Erik Gazzoni, Giuseppe Aprea, Apps, CAM, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, Smart TV
One million Android TV Operator Tier deployments for Mirada
Nov 23, 2021 – Mirada (AIM: MIRA) has announced that across its customer base it has surpassed the deployment of one million set-top boxes powered by its Android TV Operator Tier offering, representing 5% of the global installed base.
News categories: Mirada, José-Luis Vázquez, Android TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
SES orders two Ku-band satellites for 19.2° East
Nov 22, 2021 – SES has ordered two geostationary (GEO) Ku-band satellites for its prime orbital slot at 19.2 degrees East to maintain the premium services it provides to its European video customers and to capture new opportunities in the region.
News categories: SES S.A, Thales, Steve Collar, Hervé Derrey, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Satellite
Irdeto withdraws from IBC 2021
Nov 17, 2021 – Irdeto has made the decision to withdraw from the IBC 2021 show. Irdeto does not believe that it is advisable to hold a very large indoor event in Amsterdam at this time and under the current circumstances.
News categories: Irdeto, Doug Lowther, COVID-19, Digital TV, IBC2021, Netherlands
aha 2.0 streaming service launches globally with Firstlight Media
Nov 16, 2021 – The aha streaming service is using Firstlight Media's end-to-end cloud-native OTT platform as the technology foundation to power its next phases of growth in India and beyond, the two companies have announced.
News categories: Firstlight Media, aha, Andre Christensen, Allu Bobby, Ajit Thakur, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, Streaming, Worldwide
Frndly TV selects Magnite to monetize CTV inventory
Nov 16, 2021 – Frndly TV has selected Magnite (Nasdaq: MGNI) as its ad server and primary SSP in a bid to grow its ad-supported revenue streams. The announcement comes as the vMVPD continues to expand its offerings following consistent month over month growth.
News categories: Magnite, Frndly TV, Ryan Kenney, Steve Sklar, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
IBC to move ahead with live Amsterdam show
Nov 16, 2021 – IBC has confirmed that IBC2021 will take place on December 3-6 at The RAI in Amsterdam. The announcement follows a Board decision to continue with the planned event because it can be delivered safely and create the business momentum that the industry needs.
News categories: IBC, Michael Crimp, Digital TV, IBC2021, Netherlands, Worldwide
DNA launches upgraded DNA TV Hubi
Nov 15, 2021 – The renewed, smaller and more than twice as powerful DNA TV Hubi brings together TV channels, streaming services, and utility and entertainment apps behind a single user interface. The device also includes the latest OS and voice search for Android.
News categories: DNA, Ville Partanen, Mikko Saarentaus, Android TV, Digital TV, Finland, Set Top Box
Deutsche GigaNetz launches fibre TV service with ocilion
Nov 11, 2021 – As part of the expansion of its fiber optic network in Germany, Deutsche GigaNetz is launching a TV product 'MyTV' based on ocilion's cloud solution. The service will be available both via both STBs and apps for smartphone, tablet, Apple TV or Amazon Fire TV.
News categories: ocilion, Deutsche GigaNetz, Hans Kühberger, Sebastian Seggert, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV, Set Top Box
- Kineton and SmarDTV demonstrate OpApp & CAM at 9th HbbTV Symposium
- Irdeto launches CAM-based HbbTV OpApp solution
- South African government provides update on analogue switch-off
- Nielsen to enhance TV measurement with individual commercial metrics
- DVB releases first 8K UHD video delivery specifications
- TV shipments expected to undergo 12.4% YoY decline in 2H 2021
- Megacable selects STB management solution from Axiros
- Orange Belgium in negotiations with Nethys to acquire 75% of VOO SA
- One million Android TV Operator Tier deployments for Mirada
- MediaTek 8K TV SoC first in 7-nanometer at TSMC
- In-person IBC 2021 cancelled
- CommScope selected to provide Foxtel's iQ5 streaming STB
- Vestel migrates Smart TVs to EPG metadata from Simply.TV
- Prime Video now available to Movistar+ customers
- Crackle Plus improves content discoverability with Gracenote
- MediaTek launches Pentonic smart TV family with 8K 120Hz IC
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost around 650,000 subscribers in 3Q 2021
- 24i powers launch of Cinessance in North America
- Broadpeak cancels in-person participation at IBC
- M3 selects XroadMedia for personalized OTT service in Russia